Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: What's The Matter With You?

Blog Entries

What's The Matter With You?

Since some people seem to be pushing/promoting/claiming knowledge of various 'matters' as 'Our Matter', maybe it's time to be more explicit and open about it, in this ever-ongoing and apparently never-ending discussion.

What I'm suggesting here is that people explicitly reveal what raw matter(s) they are working with, towards the confection of THE Philosopher's Stone.

Various particulars need not apply, and only lab stuff here, please.

No need to disclose your procedures, methods, recipes, means of extraction and/or preparation (unless so inclined).

Just the raw, initial matter(s) that you are in fact working with, before any preparation and/or processing.

Also:

No theories or speculations! There's enough of those...
    Various mind-musings, about what 'our matter' may or may not be, do NOT count!

Post here ONLY if you're doing actual lab-work AND if the goal of your lab-work is the Philosopher's Stone.

Please, no quotes, no textual references, etc... Just the name(s) of the raw, unprocessed, unprepared matter(s) that you are actually working with.

You can of course post multiple matters/combinations IF you are running parallel experiments in your lab with ALL those matters.

Let's keep this simple and to the point!

Participation in this thread is not mandatory

So... What's The Matter with you?

Blog Entries
    I had a feeling this thread wouldn't be popular

Anyway, here are some examples of what you could post:

- "I'm working with Antimony"

- "I'm working with the Martial Regulus"

- "I'm working with Marcasite"

- "I'm working with Dew & Sea Salt"

- "I'm working with salts"

- "I'm working with rainwater / other meteorites"

- "I'm working with bodily fluids / urine / blood / saliva / semen / sweat / /tears / etc..."

- "I'm working with plant material"

- "I'm working with animal material"

- "I'm working with Cinnabar"

- "I'm working with metallic Hg and Au"

etc...

Also, for this particular thread: Please, no debates/arguments/etc... Just simply name the matter(s) you are currently working with. If so inclined.
    Last edited by Andro; 01-31-2018 at 08:15 PM.

Blog Entries
    I'll go first:

I'm working with two matters, which I suspect are different aspects of the same Materia.

One is a liquid, precipitated out of (very) thin air, by personal methods of my own devising.

The other is a solid, salt-like but not crystalline, precipitated out of distilled water.

So one might say that I'm basically working with thin air and distilled water.

Lol yeah I don't see this one being very popular either, my friend.

Does it just have to be matters currently being used, or can it be a list of matters that have been actually used/pursued throughout the years? I know many keep current goings-ons "close to the vest", but get a bit more lax about past materials once they've explored them satisfactorily, for success or failure.

~Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seth-Ra View Post
    Does it just have to be matters currently being used, or can it be a list of matters that have been actually used/pursued throughout the years? I know many keep current goings-ons "close to the vest", but get a bit more lax about past materials once they've explored them satisfactorily, for success or failure.
    We can just name the matter(s) we are (or were) practically working with, and keep everything else "close to the vest". No need for big revelations

Blog Entries
    I am trying to get some pure SM in order that I may dissolve me Calcite. A water that wets not the hands

To be more specific, stalagmites and stalactites. These are water that has basically been filtered trough the earth and drips down into caves before becoming fixed. I see this as 'a virgin earth' and believe it to be the sperm of metals.

Its not always calcite, different caves will yield different "waters"

I have crystals from a dolomite cave, a limestone cave, and yesterday a sandstone cave. I believe that these need to be dissolved in SM and then I'm on my way to victory.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

I (had) work(ed) with
    - urine
    - honey
    - chimney soot
    - essential oil
    - ethiops mineral
    - stibnite
    - cerrusite
    each single and/or combinations thereof

Bash my response if you like, most of my work is still in the plant kingdom, but the end game is of course the PS or a particular. I'm not sure if my slow exploration with the Vegetable Kingdom to bring about that end counts.

The current matter under investigation on that front is chalk (CaCO3 from various sources, plants, shells, calcite, etc), and investigating all I can do with it, and what it can be "dissolved into" when properly prepared with water and heat, and what kind of products I get with subsequent "cooking."

Does the different states of matter count in this thread? Like allotropic and plasma states? This are the matters of interest to me.
    Formerly known as True Puffer

Blog Entries
    water gets my vote as well, but mine is from a geothermic spring. Mostly because I love hot springs and it gives me an excuse to go for a soak haha. So yes, my selection of matter is based on recreation

Right now I'm in what I call the 'playing' phase (which has been on and off over the last few years) to test it's abilities. It has some very interesting ones, even before the alchemical works.

Last edited by Kiorionis; 02-01-2018 at 06:24 AM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

+ Reply to Thread