Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What's The Matter With You?

Quote Originally Posted by alfr View Post
    but among all the many experiments
    an interesting turning point came when I found a private and confidential letter inside a RC class book of the famous alchemist j pier fabre to the famous alchemist marchese massimigliamo palombara in which he explicitly pointed out the key to matter with which he worked, that is, salt of sedimentary earth, the MARNA quoted by plinius, as is well indicated in the letter that must be combined with the 'WATER RAINWATER or WATER OF SOURCE
    Hi alfr,
    really a nice list of methods and matters ... but what do you mean by the word "MARNA" `? I've never heard this expression.

Ok, I got it. In German it is called "Mergel", an important and interesting matter though !

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marl
    Last edited by Weidenfeld; 3 Weeks Ago at 08:07 AM.

I have worked with many of the materials mentioned above, but my interest is focused at present on Tetramethylenediamine, Pentamethylenediamine, Butanedinitrile and 3-methylindole; taking inspiration from Shiva.

Ghislain

Hi Weidenfeld

MARNA

yes it is correct
    it is this

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marna_(roccia)

(sorry i forgot put this link on marna in my post but is in italian now i change post and i put also your link in it sorry)

MARNA
    here quote by letter secret of j pierre fabre to massimigliano palombara

original latin

Vinum enim nostrum et Lullianum est sublimatus salis aquae et terrae43.

Aqua est comunis pluvialis, aut fontis. Terra vero est pinguis et glutinosa quae nunquam peperit, et est terra virgo. Vide Plin. lb. 17. cap. 6.7 345 Nat. Hist. Marga dicitur, qua

Galli nostri versus Burdigalam terram sterilem stercorant et fertilem admodum reddunt.

Ex illaterra, et cum aqua comuni elicies magnam quantitatem vitriolis dulcis, ex quo veram educas aquam mercurialem46 metalla omnia in primam materiam reducentem, et haec est aqua mercurialis universalis, ad opus nostrum.

english

Our wine and Lulliano and it's the spirit of salt water and earth.
    The water is the common rainwater, or spring. The earth is indeed fat and glutinous, than ever
    he gave birth, and is a virgin land. See Pliny, book 17, chapter 6.7 345 of the De Naturali Historia. It is called
    "Marga," and with this our French from the parts of Bordeaux fertilize the barren land and make it very fertile.
    From that land, and with common water, you will draw a large amount of vitriol
    sweet from which you will extract a mercurial water that reduces all the metals in the first matter, and this is the universal mercury water for our opus
    italian

Il vino nostro e Lulliano ed è lo spirito del sale dell’acqua e della terra.
    L’acqua è quella pluviale comune, o di fonte. La terra è invero pingue e glutinosa, che mai
    partorì, ed è terra vergine. Vedi Plinio, libro 17, capitolo 6.7 345 del De Naturali Historia. È chiamata
    «Marga», e con questa i nostri francesi dalle parti di Bordeaux concimano la terra sterile e la rendono assai fertile.
    Da quella terra, e con acqua comune, caverai una grande quantità di vetriolo
    dolce da cui estrarrai un’acqua mercuriale che riduce tutti i metalli in prima materia, e questa è l’acqua di mercurio universale per la nostra opera

my best regard alfr
    Last edited by alfr; 3 Weeks Ago at 09:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    States of matter, YES - good one!

If you're working with various states of such and such matters, please share here
    All alotropic forms of Phosphorus, the light bearer: black, white, red and violet.

It is the only matter that alone can exhibit all colours of the great work all by itself (according to the old One matter, one vessel, one fire) simply by heating it at certain temperatures in certain conditions.

For example Red phosphorus may be formed by heating white phosphorus to 300 °C (572 °F) in the absence of air or by exposing white phosphorus to sunlight (through magnifying glass à la Arcana Divina). Red phosphorus exists as an amorphous network like a gel or red gumm. Upon further heating, the amorphous red phosphorus crystallizes. Upon yet further heating red phosphorus in a sealed tube at 530 °C the upper part of the tube is kept at 444 °C. Brilliant opaque monoclinic, or rhombohedral, crystals sublime creating Violet phosphorus. It does not ignite in air until heated to 300 °C and is insoluble in all solvents including alkali.

Originally it was found in stale urine, a place in which many are seeking it even today.

It has ability to contain light, as evidenced by the characteristic glow-in-the-dark phosphorescence. Phosphorus was also an ancient name for the planet Venus (the morning star or Lucifer), when seen before sunrise.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hennig_Brand

Last edited by True Initiate; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:42 AM.
    Formerly known as True Puffer

All alotropic forms of Phosphorus, the light bearer: black, white, red and violet.

It is the only matter that alone can exhibit all colours of the great work all by itself (according to the old One matter, one vessel, one fire) simply by heating it at certain temperatures in certain conditions.

For example Red phosphorus may be formed by heating white phosphorus to 300 °C (572 °F) in the absence of air or by exposing white phosphorus to sunlight (through magnifying glass à la Arcana Divina). Red phosphorus exists as an amorphous network like a gel or red gumm. Upon further heating, the amorphous red phosphorus crystallizes. Upon yet further heating red phosphorus in a sealed tube at 530 °C the upper part of the tube is kept at 444 °C. Brilliant opaque monoclinic, or rhombohedral, crystals sublime creating Violet phosphorus. It does not ignite in air until heated to 300 °C and is insoluble in all solvents including alkali.

Originally it was found in stale urine, a place in which many are seeking it even today.

It has ability to contain light, as evidenced by the characteristic glow-in-the-dark phosphorescence. Phosphorus was also an ancient name for the planet Venus (the morning star or Lucifer), when seen before sunrise.
    The element phosphorus in all its different modifications certainly belong to one of the most investigated elements in chemistry and I think there isn't a bit of its properties that hasn't been discovered up to now. Alchemically irrelevant because it would had been found out in the meantime.

Quote Originally Posted by alfr View Post
    Hi Weidenfeld

MARNA

yes it is correct
    it is this

https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marna_(roccia)

(sorry i forgot put this link on marna in my post but is in italian now i change post and i put also your link in it sorry)

MARNA
    here quote by letter secret of j pierre fabre to massimigliano palombara

original latin

Vinum enim nostrum et Lullianum est sublimatus salis aquae et terrae43.

Aqua est comunis pluvialis, aut fontis. Terra vero est pinguis et glutinosa quae nunquam peperit, et est terra virgo. Vide Plin. lb. 17. cap. 6.7 345 Nat. Hist. Marga dicitur, qua

Galli nostri versus Burdigalam terram sterilem stercorant et fertilem admodum reddunt.

Ex illaterra, et cum aqua comuni elicies magnam quantitatem vitriolis dulcis, ex quo veram educas aquam mercurialem46 metalla omnia in primam materiam reducentem, et haec est aqua mercurialis universalis, ad opus nostrum.

english

Our wine and Lulliano and it's the spirit of salt water and earth.
    The water is the common rainwater, or spring. The earth is indeed fat and glutinous, than ever
    he gave birth, and is a virgin land. See Pliny, book 17, chapter 6.7 345 of the De Naturali Historia. It is called
    "Marga," and with this our French from the parts of Bordeaux fertilize the barren land and make it very fertile.
    From that land, and with common water, you will draw a large amount of vitriol
    sweet from which you will extract a mercurial water that reduces all the metals in the first matter, and this is the universal mercury water for our opus
    italian

Il vino nostro e Lulliano ed è lo spirito del sale dell’acqua e della terra.
    L’acqua è quella pluviale comune, o di fonte. La terra è invero pingue e glutinosa, che mai
    partorì, ed è terra vergine. Vedi Plinio, libro 17, capitolo 6.7 345 del De Naturali Historia. È chiamata
    «Marga», e con questa i nostri francesi dalle parti di Bordeaux concimano la terra sterile e la rendono assai fertile.
    Da quella terra, e con acqua comune, caverai una grande quantità di vetriolo
    dolce da cui estrarrai un’acqua mercuriale che riduce tutti i metalli in prima materia, e questa è l’acqua di mercurio universale per la nostra opera

my best regard alfr
    Thanks alfr

Quote Originally Posted by Weidenfeld View Post
    The element phosphorus in all its different modifications certainly belong to one of the most investigated elements in chemistry and I think there isn't a bit of its properties that hasn't been discovered up to now. Alchemically irrelevant because it would had been found out in the meantime.
    It still requires further work like metalization by subliming it with mercury, impregnation with Gold...

Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    It still requires further work like metalization by subliming it with mercury, impregnation with Gold...
    Subliming together with a metal (Hg) might lead above all to a compound that is chemically a phosphide of that metal which is rather sensible against humidity. The reaction with water might generate the very poisonous and pyrophoric phosphine (hydrogen phosphide). Take care !
    Last edited by Weidenfeld; 3 Weeks Ago at 11:55 AM.

All right, the other matter of interest to me is the 4th state of matter: plasma. When we mix elements we usually do this in a liquid state and so we get our usual chemical compounds that way but just try to do the same when the matters are in a plasma state... Be ready for the big surprise, that's for sure.

The matters used in this type of work are gasses and low melting points elements (lithium, iodine, sodium...)

Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    All right, the other matter of interest to me is the 4th state of matter: plasma. When we mix elements we usually do this in a liquid state and so we get our usual chemical compounds that way but just try to do the same when the matters are in a plasma state... Be ready for the big surprise, that's for sure.

The matters used in this type of work are gasses and low melting points elements (lithium, iodine, sodium...)
    Do you think the ancients were able to generate something like a plasma besides the possibility to use such within a lightening ?

+ Reply to Thread