Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Why Do You Post On Alchemy Forums?

.... because GREAT things happened (to me) due to this forum.
    If I am not wrong, the first one was organizing a photo exhibition (of alchemy related photographies)... and much help came from here... and in a very weird way the exhibition triggered something that drastically changed my life (unrelated to alchemy).

And then nice things kept on happening and a few persons taught me a few very important things... which are related to alchemy, but which are not exactly related to any kind of lab practice (let's call it "the gift of friendship").

And, of course, because I can post Morrissey videos and everyone else will get pissed off, but it's OK.

... and we made books!

... and most people are kind here.

... and because of this song too:

And also because of Oscar Wilde, who said: "Nothing that is worth knowing can be taught". (so there is always a chance to learn something that can't be taught).

And and and... as to steal a quote from Awani: "Freedom is in the mind".

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    We all joined for different reasons....what's yours?
    to learn and share with my fellow alchemists!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Why Do You Post On Alchemy Forums?
    That is a good fucking question.

I feel like Victor Frankenstein.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

its an honor to be your creation brought to life doctor

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aspiring Alkemist View Post
    its an honor to be your creation brought to life doctor
    It is not about you. This forum has existed over ten years...

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Definitely learning a lot here, and the more I've learned the more I realize how little I know. It's great.

I just like the opportunity to exchange myself with like-minded individuals in various fields that I am interested in.

So I continue posting on an astrology forum, on a martial arts forum, on a Tarot forum (in fact, I co-founded one of my own in the meantime) and - last but not least - on this alchemy forum (the only one of its kind that I know of).

Oh, and lest I forget, also on some mixed spiritual forum that has a bit of all of of those topics and a few more in it, although its main focus is on Eastern spirituality.

I could certainly (and may, in due time) add some fields of study - but the aforesaid keeps me busy enough, given the still limited amount of time I am ready to dedicate to forums. (Yes, I occasionally do other things as well in life!)

I enjoy sharing my knowledge as much as learning from others what I don't know - and sometimes being required to more precisely formulate my own views when faced with those of others is an excellent exercise.

Plus I have made friends in several countries due to these activities - some of whom I have met in person or who at least invited me to visit them. Others that I keep in touch with just remotely.

And then there will be times when I prefer pursuing my interests more on my own; then I will go with that feeling and limit my interaction with others. For instance, reading a book in the solitude of my study or writing a text for no immediate audience are still fun things for me to do as well.

On another note, having been a member of this forum for a while now, I feel that opening the board to new posters was a good thing. After some time, one pretty much knows how the others are thinking and their replies to a given topic become somewhat predictable, so the current influx of new members is quite refreshing. Good call!

The way things are, I am confident that Alchemy Forums will continue to be a nice crucible...

+ Reply to Thread