Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Post On Alchemy Forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    What (in what Aham said) "ain't necessarily so"?

Also, it's interesting to see the turn this topic is taking

(but not extremely surprising...)
    I meant the gender discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Don't worry, I am sure there's hot "lab rat" babes around somewhere for everyone. Look:

She is saying: "Oh my, what a big test tube you've got!"
    Seems rather she's into some kind of electricity work. Or this damn bunsen burner always gets so hot she inevitably has to take off her clothes.

But face it. Alchemy is an occupation for (mostly male) nerds. And it has been like that for centuries.

Blog Entries
    Maybe Alchemy just needs a bit of a sex appeal facelift. We could do an AF Calendar and sell it to naughty nanny's at the retirement homes

Nothing like a bunch of blokes, handing out, fermenting their own piss on the weekends to get the ladies really keen to join in the fun.

Once you've got them hooked on your badass batch of blackening urine, that's when you hit them with the, "this will take me decades and most likely get me nowhere!" card, and they're ripe for the picking.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

You just have to do the stone. Besides others thing it is said to attract women as well. Or at least the gold will do the trick.

Blog Entries
    There are Alchemists in successful relationships, but compromises most likely have to be made... Again, unless your partner is also an Alchemist.

Maybe because this Art mostly attracts males (or so it seems), perhaps it can be a tad more challenging for hetero males to find partnerships... Especially for those distilling putrefied urine in their apartments

The best solution IMO is to have your separate shed/lab-space for Alchemy (most Alchemist that I know do), and your marriage/partnership will likely remain mostly unaffected. Mostly

However, some of the most dedicated Alchemists I know ended up divorced and mostly alone, which can open up the option of having a non-committed partner (or fuck-buddy, for those so inclined) who also physically resides elsewhere.

Cleopatra the Alchemist -300
    Mary the Jewess 250
    Hypatia of Egypt 350
    Caterina Sforza 1463
    Sophia Brahe 1556
    Isabella Cortese 1561
    Mary Herbert 1561
    Marie de Gournay 1565
    Christina of Sweden 1626
    Marie Meurdrac 1610...

I'm sure there must be many additions to this list

Ghislain

Edit: or maybe women already have their own alchemy lab where two become one
    Last edited by Ghislain; 02-03-2018 at 12:03 PM.

Blog Entries
    Those 2 posts may be worth reading, or at least entertaining:

Post 1

Post 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post

I'm sure there must be many additions to this list

Edit: or maybe women have their own alchemy lab where two become one
    Merelle - the Danish female alchemist (~ 2000)

Blog Entries
    The promise of all the gold jewelry they could want. Of course, he who succeeds in this wooing, and manages to somehow make the stone, will soon have to take up jewelry smithing. No gold will be sold, it's all just for making bracelets and purse accents, hehe.

Actually, now that I'm saying this, such a relationship would probably not be a good thing in the end. Always better (for me at least) to find someone humble, and they'd have to be pretty darn humble to look past feculant urine.

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    Seems rather she's into some kind of electricity work. Or this damn bunsen burner always gets so hot she inevitably has to take off her clothes.
    That's because the humongous "test tube" attracting her unmitigated attention is just right past that electrical device

But face it. Alchemy is an occupation for (mostly male) nerds. And it has been like that for centuries.
    That's until you start showing the artificial gold & silver. Then everybody seems to "mysteriously" be interested.

+ Reply to Thread