Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Why Do You Post On Alchemy Forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    Also, after a while, everyone figures out everyone else's business so how do you keep your lab/practice out of sight? I do miss the quiet nights and to be able to see a sky full of stars.
    The ideal setting for this kind of investigations is an isolated place, like a farm in the countryside, without any nearby neighbors. That way you can make whatever you want, even all the smoke & noise you want (like air compressors and gas/wood/coal furnaces at full blast, for example), even at late hours of the night and early morning, without bothering anyone or arousing the curiosity of nosy neighbors. In lack of that, an area of town with little or no other residents. Finding a proper place to be able to more comfortably carry out these investigations is an old problem. Chaucer, for example, puts the following words in the mouth of the assistant of the honest but frustrated "multiplier" who is the subject of the introduction to The Canon's Yeoman's Tale, as a response to the host's query about where he and his master dwell:

"That does not matter, good Yeoman," said our Host;
    "Since thou knowest of the cunning of thy lord,
    Tell how he does, I pray thee heartily,
    Since he is so crafty and so sly.
    Where do you dwell, if it can be told?"
    "In the outskirts of a town," said he,
    "Lurking in hiding places and in dead-end alleys,
    Where these robbers and these thieves by nature
    Hold their private fearful residence,
    Like those who dare not show their presence;
    So fare we, if I shall say the truth."

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    The ideal setting for this kind of investigations is an isolated place, like a farm in the countryside, without any nearby neighbors.
    I wonder how many people on this forum can afford such a luxury? I think it is a must for every brother in the art to discover a working particular first and only then proceed to the great work of confecting the stone.
    Formerly known as True Puffer

Quote Originally Posted by True Initiate View Post
    I wonder how many people on this forum can afford such a luxury? I think it is a must for every brother in the art to discover a working particular first and only then proceed to the great work of confecting the stone.
    Hi True Initiate

Could you please share what you would term a working particular ?

I post on this forum in the hope of learning more about Alchemy
    and those that work in this Art.

Over the years I have been rewarded with many wonderful insights
    from some of our learned members.

I am so blessed to have found this forum.
    Thanks' again to Awani and the dedicated moderators.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Hi True Initiate

Could you please share what you would term a working particular ?

I post on this forum in the hope of learning more about Alchemy
    and those that work in this Art.

Over the years I have been rewarded with many wonderful insights
    from some of our learned members.

I am so blessed to have found this forum.
    Thanks' again to Awani and the dedicated moderators.
    Hear, hear!!

A particular, is a form of the stone, which has been created from substances that are already 'specified' to a particular kingdom. Let's say you made it from mercury and gold, this is designated to the mineral realm and is (theoretically) only for transmutation (whilst Seth-Ra's recent post would challenge this idea)

However, there are also "Universal" stones, which are applicable to all kingdoms.

Stone made from plants = Plant stone AKA Vegetable Opus.

Blood/spit/urine = Animal realm..

And so on and so forth....

I agree with True Initiate, even though by the looks of things I am bypassing the particulars (because I'm not interested in transmutation)

I also post on AF in hope that I'll save some listeners a lot of time on this path (however I'm equally likely to send them on a wild goose chase since my experience is low and my views adapting and changing often)
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Could you please share what you would term a working particular?
    It could be two things:

1- A chymical process (and therefore NOT carried out by means of the secret solvent, otherwise it would be "alchemical", not "chymical") that produces gold or silver in such an amount that it not only can cover the costs of carrying it out, but actually leaves a profit for the operator. Finding such processes is quite difficult, though, since the chymists who discovered them have not described them as clearly and without "traps" as they have some of the processes that do not produce enough precious metals to leave a profit for the operator, or even cover the costs of carrying out the operation (the reason why some chymists described such processes quite clearly is to demonstrate the reality of transmutation only; they had no desire whatsoever to easily make anyone rich at the expense of all the time & money they had to invest to find the more lucrative chymical processes.)

2- An alchemical process (and therefore by force carried out by means of any of the several forms of the secret solvent) that results in a "tincture" that can transmute many times its own weight of base metals into silver or gold (but in lesser quantity than the Stone, which is considered to be the most powerful of all "tinctures".)

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    The ideal setting for this kind of investigations is an isolated place, like a farm in the countryside, without any nearby neighbors. That way you can make whatever you want, even all the smoke & noise you want (like air compressors and gas/wood/coal furnaces at full blast, for example), even at late hours of the night and early morning, without bothering anyone or arousing the curiosity of nosy neighbors. In lack of that, an area of town with little or no other residents. Finding a proper place to be able to more comfortably carry out these investigations is an old problem.
    I would agree wholeheartedly. I'd also want to be living in the mountains, next to a river/stream and also in the midst of a large national forest. Just sayin... This is the way to go if there are options available to an individual. I've often thought, why not sell everything, buy a small farm with a big barn/shed and make/sell essential oils and use the money to continue to live and follow the alchemical quest. I've realized I don't need a lot to live except for WiFi

A very generous soul from this forum suggested just such a thing to me not too long ago and I believe that person might be doing something similar (hunch). I could probably ask this person for help on how to get started but I think subconsciously I'm a chicken and don't want to get the details because if I knew how to do what this person is doing, then I would have no more excuses left...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    I would agree wholeheartedly. I'd also want to be living in the mountains, next to a river/stream and also in the midst of a large national forest. Just sayin... This is the way to go if there are options available to an individual. I've often thought, why not sell everything, buy a small farm with a big barn/shed and make/sell essential oils and use the money to continue to live and follow the alchemical quest. I've realized I don't need a lot to live except for WiFi

A very generous soul from this forum suggested just such a thing to me not too long ago and I believe that person might be doing something similar (hunch). I could probably ask this person for help on how to get started but I think subconsciously I'm a chicken and don't want to get the details because if I knew how to do what this person is doing, then I would have no more excuses left...
    All I do every day of my life is try and work out how to sell everything and buy a farm and just chill on my property doing alchemy, growing my own food, distilling my own water, and making my own power. That's the dream
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    All I do every day of my life is try and work out how to sell everything and buy a farm and just chill on my property doing alchemy, growing my own food, distilling my own water, and making my own power. That's the dream
    Seems to be a running theme. I have my land, next step is the power and food. I have enough out there already to get water I need the power because I need wifi, and my little hovel needs some serious upgrades on the temperature control front, lol.

Blog Entries
    Free power is there for the taking mate. It just takes the same dedicated research as Alchemy does. (Except that free power is much easier than trying to make the stone)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    I myself couldn't possibly be in a relationship with a non-alchemist
    maybe a vampire then..?
    I wouldn't mind that either

Drinks on me! LOL

But seriously, genuine ones are welcome to PM me

+ Reply to Thread