Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Generation of the Elements

Blog Entries

Generation of the Elements

This is a spin-off thread from “What’s the Matter with You?”

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Fire becomes Air
    Air becomes Water
    Water becomes Earth.
    This is an interesting topic, because I’ve read two separate elemental “generation” theories. The first is as you say, that Fire generates Air.

The second is that Air generates Fire.

Which is more accurate, and why?
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Not sure I'm qualified to answer this, but then again who really is?

My take:
    Fire penetrates
    Water coagulates

...Earth

Blog Entries
    IMO, when considering the impact of the elements, I think we must consider that the elements co-exist across the "four worlds" (physical, emotional, mental, spiritual) and that when we say Fire we are not talking about (vulgar obviously) but also not talking about heat and acidity. What we are really talking about is the causing element, which is behind the scenes, creating those effects. When we consider then that the TRUE Fire is actually a wellspring of complete infinite expanding function, then we can see that, that is where it all begins, since it relies on nothing else, because it is fed directly from the aether. The principals of Air, are more specificated toward an absorbing quality that allows the congealing of said fire INCLUDING all its outward forms such as heat sound light, ect.

That's what I reacon anyway. However, this is more cosmic theorim. When extraction in the plant realm I can see why they would say "air comes first" since it is literally the 'first' element to be extracted from plant matter.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    The principals of Air, are more specificated toward an absorbing quality that allows the congealing of said fire INCLUDING all its outward forms such as heat sound light, ect.

That's what I reacon anyway. However, this is more cosmic theorim.
    The cosmic theorim is what I’m talking about, actually. Personally, I’ve found that Air is the closest element relating to life, as its movement produces heat through friction. For example, the Dragon breaths Fire. So in a sense I agree, that Air coagulates Fire, but I also think it produces the Fire it coagulates. Like begets like and all that.

I was at a hotel a couple of weeks ago and saw this poster on the wall

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    The cosmic theorim is what I’m talking about, actually. Personally, I’ve found that Air is the closest element relating to life, as its movement produces heat through friction. For example, the Dragon breaths Fire. So in a sense I agree, that Air coagulates Fire, but I also think it produces the Fire it coagulates. Like begets like and all that.
    This is certainly an interesting view, its the first the I've heard it described like that. And obviously judging by Ahams post, there are others who agree with you. Are you sure its not heat that gives rise to movement??

I see fires most intrinsic principal as 'expansion'. But I really have no evidence to support my view....
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    I agree more with Sendivogius on the description of Fire, from his New Chemical Light:

Fire is the purest and noblest of all elements, full of adhesive unctuous corrosiveness, penetrating, digestive, inwardly invisible, fixt, hot and dry, outwardly visible, and tempered by the earth.
    @Aham: The tanmatra theory is quite similar.
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 02-05-2018 at 07:28 AM.

Fire is the purest and noblest of all elements, full of adhesive unctuous corrosiveness, penetrating, digestive, inwardly invisible, fixt, hot and dry, outwardly visible, and tempered by the earth.
    Fire is an event occurring between elements, it is not an element itself. It is not dry; if a flame is placed on a cold surface it leaves a wet residue as can be seen on the mirror in the vid below.

Ghislain

+ Reply to Thread