Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Identifying Calcite vs Gypsum

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    The reason I ask, is because calcium acetate is one of these beautiful chemical obscurities where the dissolution rate decreases with temperature. This is an important property when identifying substances which will "solve et coagula" at low temperatures, and more importantly, repetitively.
    This is NOT the "solve et coagula" the alchemists had in mind, though. The water of solution DOES NOT PERMANENTLY JOIN WITH THE DISSOLVED MATTER. Common water will NEVER make such a union, it can always be separated from whatever it dissolves. What you need is the "water" (i.e. the secret solvent) of alchemy.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    This is NOT the "solve et coagula" the alchemists had in mind, though. The water of solution DOES NOT PERMANENTLY JOIN WITH THE DISSOLVED MATTER. Common water will NEVER make such a union, it can always be separated from whatever it dissolves. What you need is the "water" (i.e. the secret solvent) of alchemy.
    I agree
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    I agree
    What did you say?

I can't hear you!!!

Maybe if you UNDERLINED YOUR WORDS and use ALL CAPITALS and sometimes "quotation marks" or even blue text instead of black text we would understand what you are actually trying to convey in EVERY POST that you decide to post on this message board from here on out.

Until then, we WILL NOT be able to hear you!

EVER!

Did you ever get a chance to take pictures of your cave journey?

I would love to see some of the minerals you're working with!

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    What did you say?

I can't hear you!!!

Maybe if you UNDERLINED YOUR WORDS and use ALL CAPITALS and sometimes "quotation marks" or even blue text instead of black text we would understand what you are actually trying to convey in EVERY POST that you decide to post on this message board from here on out.

Until then, we WILL NOT be able to hear you!

EVER!

It's done to EMPHASIZE VERY IMPORTANT POINTS, SPECIALLY FOR THOSE WHO MIGHT NOT HAVE GOTTEN THEM YET, OR FOR PARTICULARLY STUBBORN PEOPLE WHO REPEATEDLY KEEP FALLING FOR THE SAME MISTAKES, but I don't think I need to tell YOU that

The color text is done in order to MORE EASILY DISTINGUISH a quoted source from the default black text for this forum's posts (like the one you are reading right now), but I see by your above sarcastic "comment" THAT YOU HAVE FAILED TO NOTICE THIS TOO and are still puzzled by it.

Blog Entries
    Haha, you guys are funny. The rocks arnt going anywhere smernoff, when my internet issues are resolved (probably about this time next year at the rate they are going) then I'll have lots of pictures for you.

The cave journey has been great!! Now I'm back to house Reno's cause I don't want to die in a hole.

If you send me your email I can email some photos for you if you like, something about the AF uploaded doesn't work with my phone because I can't click and drag the pictures into the Dropbox.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    you guys would be great friends if you met
    you both really care about what the truth is
    for an internet forum its pretty tame ribbing

+ Reply to Thread