Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: What about transmuting other metals?

i did not notice this temperature transmutation problems in records or bux.
    hopefully JDP will clarify this from both sides.

btw small wax ball at 300 oC is a nice fireball, imho at 1000 oC will be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    Interesting insight. The neutron problem may end up remedying itself. If we are talking about nuclear processes, neutrons can decay into protons and electrons and vice versa, so from that perspective (assuming the other nuclear processes are valid) "whole weight" of each atom would be more important than divying up the Ns and Ps. And further, for that matter, neutrons and protons are the stuff that comes out when you smash them. There's a lot of support for the theory, but what actually happens in a nucleus could potentially be very different than what we THINK happens. Nuclear physics get's a little hand-wavy on this issue. Strong force, weak force, etc. Whatever is needed to describe the processes mathematically and have predictive power, but the underlying "essence" is hardly proven from an "I can literally see it" perspective. Nuclei still hold great mysteries, no matter how much chemists wish to believe we have it all figured out.

I've thought about the temperature problem, of course. I don't have a way to gauge other than get the lead really hot and hope that it doesn't liberate. The real reason was to make a chunk or two that I could use from some fishing equipment. I still need to skim some tin. Just thought I would toss in some of my little plant concoction and see what happened.

Good info. Thank you for sharing.
    You are more than welcome. Taking into consideration what happens in the double slit experiment with particle wave duality, the question of what happens with neutrons is even more mysterious. In fact, anything and everything is possible. The temperature rise from Silver (961c) to Gold (1064c) can also be accounted for in spin state. For example, during cold fusion experiments by several different parties it was observed that during fusion it was the spin state of subatomic particles that was responsible for the dissipation of heat. If transmutation of Silver to Gold is related to spin state then it could be possible that the heat required to keep Gold at its melting point comes from an increased spin state of the particles involved. I have read alchemical texts years ago that stated that the process can often be violent and this would indicate rapidly evolving spin states of subatomic particles.
    Life begins on the 49th day.

Quote Originally Posted by horticult View Post
    i did not notice this temperature transmutation problems in records or bux.
    hopefully JDP will clarify this from both sides.

btw small wax ball at 300 oC is a nice fireball, imho at 1000 oC will be interesting
    In alchemical transmutation accounts we sometimes read of a heated metal with a lower melting point than silver or gold, like mercury (which is already liquid at room temperature), for example, "congealing/coagulating" upon being acted upon by the Stone or "particular tincture" being projected on it. The temperature is then increased to melt the new formed metal (i.e. silver or gold, depending on what "tincture/Stone" was used) which is then cast into an ingot, bar, medal, coin, shot, etc. There is no indication that the metals being used have to necessarily be heated to the temperature of molten silver or gold first in order for the alchemical transmutation to be effected.

In chymical transmutations it is also not absolutely necessary to work at the melting points of silver or gold to obtain those metals either. For example, some gold-making chymical processes are effected by using what the medieval "multipliers" & "puffers" and the early modern (i.e. 16th to 18th century) chymists called "cementations", and these are always carried out at temperatures lower than the melting point of the pure silver or an appropriate silver alloy employed. In fact, it is very necessary NOT to achieve the melting point of silver or the silver alloy being employed in such processes. The objective here is to keep the silver or chosen silver alloy (previously beaten into thin plates/sheets) glowing hot BUT without actually melting (the same goes for the "cement" powders employed in such processes: they have to glow hot, but NOT melt), while they "absorb" and are affected by the "spirits" (i.e. the volatile byproducts) gradually being given off by the several "cement" powders used in such processes. After these (lengthy, laborious & tedious) treatments are over, then the treated silver/silver-alloy is assayed and the generated gold (always inferior in quantity to that of the silver employed) is separated from the parts of the silver that did not undergo transmutation (which can then be re-used for more "cementations" or other chymical processes.)

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    In alchemical transmutation accounts we sometimes read of a heated metal with a lower melting point than silver or gold, like mercury (which is already liquid at room temperature), for example, "congealing/coagulating" upon being acted upon by the Stone or "particular tincture" being projected on it. The temperature is then increased to melt the new formed metal (i.e. silver or gold, depending on what "tincture/Stone" was used) which is then cast into an ingot, bar, medal, coin, shot, etc. There is no indication that the metals being used have to necessarily be heated to the temperature of molten silver or gold first in order for the alchemical transmutation to be effected.

In chymical transmutations it is also not absolutely necessary to work at the melting points of silver or gold to obtain those metals either. For example, some gold-making chymical processes are effected by using what the medieval "multipliers" & "puffers" and the early modern (i.e. 16th to 18th century) chymists called "cementations", and these are always carried out at temperatures lower than the melting point of the pure silver or an appropriate silver alloy employed. In fact, it is very necessary NOT to achieve the melting point of silver or the silver alloy being employed in such processes. The objective here is to keep the silver or chosen silver alloy (previously beaten into thin plates/sheets) glowing hot BUT without actually melting (the same goes for the "cement" powders employed in such processes: they have to glow hot, but NOT melt), while they "absorb" and are affected by the "spirits" (i.e. the volatile byproducts) gradually being given off by the several "cement" powders used in such processes. After these (lengthy, laborious & tedious) treatments are over, then the treated silver/silver-alloy is assayed and the generated gold (always inferior in quantity to that of the silver employed) is separated from the parts of the silver that did not undergo transmutation (which can then be re-used for more "cementations" or other chymical processes.)
    Very interesting indeed.
    So if you heated Silver sheet to the annealing point and added projection powder at a certain point, the reaction would be a chain reaction until such a reaction ran out of energy? I wonder what the measured density differences would be in the sheet before and after? I'd always imagined transmutation as a liquid affair to 'open up' the target metal into an higher spin state of the particles.
    Life begins on the 49th day.

Blog Entries
    I believe the transmutations were discribed as:

"...like oil absorbing into leather...."

Yes red hot; not liquid...

Also, im not sure that this is so much a chemistry question as it is a physics question, and im also not sure that modern physics has acknowledged all the "forces" that are at play here. There could be certain forces that have prevalence toward effecting atomic nuclei.

Nav, try looking up "the orgone accumulator handbook pdf" and have a read, tell me what you think.

ENERGY is the answer to all our questions (maybe?)

EM
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

+ Reply to Thread