Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dorothea Juliana Wallich

Dorothea Juliana Wallich

In an other thread I said that alchemy seems to be a thing for mostly male nerds since centuries. However I discovered a very interesting book by Dorothea Juliana Wallich called "Das mineralische Gluten - Doppelter Schlangen-Stab". It was written 1705.

Though Schmieder (who wrote a book about the history of alchemy in the beginning of the 19th century) thinks she could have just published the notes of her adept-father I let it count.

This book has quite a lot references to the secret solvent and explanations of the symbology. Quite similar to how and what Fulcanelli writes, but more compact and in a better order.

Concerning her as a possible source of Fulcanelli, it seems that she is quite recogniced in some french circles, as I found out that Bernard Husson (of course much later) mentions her a lot in his book "transmutationes alchimiques". I could not find out what he says though, as I don't own that book.

She also says what not to use as the materia prima, namely all 7 metals, all kinds of vitriols, (may)dew, saliva and all other body fluids/feces and others.

I started to read her second book too, but it's way harder. On the other hand there are a lot of sensible explanations of the connections between alchemy and the bible.

There also is a third book, but I have not looked into it yet. It is as long as the first two books together.
    Last edited by Florius Frammel; 02-20-2018 at 04:49 PM.

Do you have a link to any of her texts translated to English?

Sorry, I don't know if there exist english versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Do you have a link to any of her texts translated to English?
    Yes, i have found one english translation here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/okbg7k...eralGluten.pdf
    Formerly known as True Puffer

This is only a very short abstract of the mentioned first book. But cool to know. Maybe there is more. Bacstrom seemed to be very interested too.

+ Reply to Thread