Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Action in our Art

Action in our Art

How many fat people are walking around knowing everything there is to know about dieting and food?

How many doctors died for not applying the same advice he gave his patient?

How many people hanging on a cliff could have held on a little longer but gave-up just before help would have arrived?

How many Angels in heaven took up his sword and shouted I will be a great one upon the Earth and yet when he fell dark clouds overtook him and he walked this earth in rags instead not remembering who he was or what he came to do?

Is it uncommon for someone who knows half as much to reap twice the success, action was the determining factor!

How many Alchemists have whispered into the ear of a blessed person the whole art beginning to end without flaw but never themselves had held the stone?

How many Alchemists died and as they took their last breath thought I should have but I didn't and now that's my shame to bare.

Perhaps the knowledge of Alchemy isn't anyway near as rare as the person who actually gets up and does it!

Of the four ages it is said this is the darkest and of those ancient Sciences lest is known, action in our time is perhaps rarer still.
    Last edited by Luxus; 02-21-2018 at 11:59 AM.

Luxus, you are so on the money!! I’m generally a man of action at work but when it came to alchemy, I don’t know why I was so hesitant about what to do and where to go next. There are also examples of individuals on this forum that have spent years reading and digesting the information provided in books before they ever set foot in their practical ‘lab’ (probably because they have heard and read time and time again that it’s easy to waste a lot of money and not get anywhere).

Also, there are others that have constantly pointed out that all/most of their lab gear is in storage so it gives some people pause before starting down this path. Others have suggested that beings from other dimensions have a habit of messing things up for you if you start getting close. In this day and age, social stigma for someone practicing alchemy doesn’t help... Another thing is that as we get older we think we are wiser and know all the reasons why alchemy will fail... I could go on and on about reasons why someone doesn’t start taking action. I’ll include myself in this category. For example, I think I have all the gear to try out the SM capture device that Rhoend has on his blog but haven’t done that yet. Life keeps intruding.

As someone wise once said, “The key to success is showing up.” In our case, to get up when we fall down.

To throw cold water on all of what I said earlier, I also happen to believe that when the individual is ready, the universe aligns to make it all accessible and provides the right... um... ‘push’

Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    To throw cold water on all of what I said earlier, I also happen to believe that when the individual is ready, the universe aligns to make it all accessible and provides the right... um... ‘push’
    This, moreso than anything, has proven itself true time and time again, Aham. Things occur when they are supposed to. Everything happens for a reason.

Nice post, Luxus.

Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    I’ll include myself in this category. For example, I think I have all the gear to try out the SM capture device that Rhoend has on his blog but haven’t done that yet. Life keeps intruding.

As someone wise once said, “The key to success is showing up.” In our case, to get up when we fall down.

Me too, but the Universe is arranging itself to give me that get of your ass push you speak of

There is a kind of guilt/shame nature imposes on us for not acting that is a key factor in this. If we analyse what is behind this guilt I think it is death, the idea of unfinished work and perhaps meeting the maker and he says so I gave you this and you did what with it???

Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    perhaps meeting the maker and he says so I gave you this and you did what with it???
    I'm with you. That would suck so bad... I'd kill myself before being asked that question but I recon that's not quite possible just after physical death

Coincidentally, I'm in the same boat as you where the universe is helping but my 'push' was through someone else's suffering... not cool but it would be dumb for me to fight the universal will.

Finally, if there's a chance that I'm going to be reborn again (I do believe in reincarnation) I might as well give myself a head start in this life. hahaha

BTW, fully agree with Schmuldvich, very nice post.

The same is true in any art. You cannot create a masterpiece unless you pick up the brush.

Blog Entries
    How many Alchemists have whispered into the ear of a blessed person the whole art beginning to end without flaw but never themselves had held the stone?
    one that we know of, i'm hunting for the rest...
    How many Alchemists died and as they took their last breath thought I should have but I didn't and now that's my shame to bare.
    Thanks for noticing my work

Like contract killing alchemy is all about getting the job done
    you gotta get your hands dirty
    and many alchemists did exactly that proceeding to fill history with their nonsense
    a few of them attained their prize
    of those few some died from accident
    some from weariness
    and some from me....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    one that we know of
    Who might that be? And how do you know it is "without flaw"?

i'm hunting for the rest...
    May Diana guide your arrows

Thanks for noticing my work
    What work?

Like contract killing
    of those few some died from accident
    some from weariness
    and some from me....
    Are you in the business of killing Alchemists, Kibric?

one that we know of, i'm hunting for the rest...
    OK but you better be good if you think ur going to take me out

Blog Entries
    Are you in the business of killing Alchemists, Kibric?
    more like a hobby...

+ Reply to Thread