Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: Physical Immortality... on THIS Earth?

Trivia:
    Worldwide 25 nuclear power plants are necessary to keep running the internet we all are using in this very moment.

Easy answers are dangerous imo. At least politically. Easy answers often lead people to dangerous ideas and views. Not only dangerous for those who are allegedly responsable, but dangerous for their neighbors as well.

Some business people still think they can explain human behavior with the model of a homo oeconomicus. I think that may be part of what some of you have declared as a "disease".

@Warmheart:

Do you really blame people for things they just can't know? Maybe you are right with your view of the past. But there is almost no evidence that that was the case. And excluding old texts there is no evidence left. So you are actually blaming others who don't share your believe system (sorry that I have to define it like that due to reasons above), which can be very dangerous too.

It can't be a solution to blame India and China for their increase of pollution and hunger for resources either. Actually they just want to live like the most wealthiest people in the world for reasons they might know. Saving resources is something people in wealthy countries should be forced to do. You can look for buying organic food and avoiding plastic bags, but with one flight the ecological footprint is again equal to those who don't care about organic food and plastic bags.

But the difference between the rich and the poor worldwide isn't as big as it used to be in the first part of the 20th century. Also more and more people succeed to get out of poverty. Especially in Asia. Some things in some countries actually start to get better than they used to be some ten years ago.

I think Awani might have the forecast in mind that says that around 2100 world's population won't increase further. Even the pessimistic researches seem to acknowledge this.
    But it is still necessary for industrialized countries to reduce their "need" for energy and food. The developing countries still need to continue investing in education, women's rights and birth control. Things that obviously could be useful in Oklahoma too.

So actually indeed everyone can have a more or less big share on world's problems of today.
    Last edited by Florius Frammel; 12-20-2018 at 09:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    I have to much luv for awani, i don't want to fight.

So actually indeed everyone can have a more or less big share on world's problems of today.
    conceded.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    I have to much luv for awani, i don't want to fight.
    Relax. I am not fighting. I am only expressing my view. I am not an authority... unless we are discussing my own experiences, which only I am an authority [author] of.

...but that doesn't mean he and the super rich aren't part of the problem.
    The super rich don't waste as much resources, and pollute as much, as the Western Middle Class... the worst group of people on the planet when it comes to use of resources... working class close second place.

When you're governments lose 2 trillion dollars, uses low paid labour to prop up big business, gives tax breaks to the rich,
    Cuts funding to social care and front line services in favour of privatisation, No it's not all our fault.
    Yes it is. You voted for them. Or you didn't rise up and over throw them. You didn't chop their head off. You didn't create a revolution. You didn't... see THIS

So we are to blame for businesses corruption and exploitation because we depend on them for resources.
    People want sugar... I sell sugar.

It is always cheaper to pollute... this is because of the governments and the laws... we could easily make pollution expensive, but the governments are in bed with the corporations and WE - the masses - approve of this by: voting, buying, ignoring or internally fighting

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

EDIT: I edited out this post to avoid further off-topic discussion and because it costs a lot of thankless efforts trying to prove something to someone. As I said before, time is a good judge for things. What can a few people do against huge machine of Hell anyway?
    Last edited by Warmheart; 12-21-2018 at 07:07 AM.

Everyone's "footprint" pales in comparison to that of the Earth itself.

People aren't melting the glaciers. The planet is, using its own volcanoes.

The volcanoes all over the world are emitting more than any human endeavor. The planet goes through cycles - these are normal. You can't stop them, prevent them, stall them - only ride them.

We didn't "fall" into this realm/form as a "negative", but as a part of the perfected expression made manifest. Humans are pretty egotistical to think they can fuck up something that is beyond their control. lol Y'all might as well say that the sun is going to go supernova and wipe out the solar system, because of us and our [insert self deprecating ideas of ourselves as a whole]. Such silliness also leads to more of the "us vs them" mentality. It doesn't really matter, its just a fun game we play with ourselves. But its also a short-sighted game that many take way to seriously. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    ...wheras those cynical people want to live HERE forever. Irony?
    Absolute irony, and hilariously beautiful. Their problem is one of both letting go (afraid to leave), and surrendering (to a larger picture than what is in their/human hands). The really funny thing is, eventually all must. But time is a fun and fickle bitch, so no need to worry much about that, or try to pin down "when". lololol

The mind is its own place, and in itself can make a heaven of hell, a hell of heaven.

~Seth-Ra
    All is One.
    Before Enlightenment, chop wood and carry water. After Enlightenment, chop wood and carry water.

Blog Entries
    I agree and disagree. The planet will survive anything we petty humans do to it... what "we do" is a bigger threat to our own experience of this planet, than to the planet itself. The NSF you sourced is not a reliable source. Any federal agency of the USA is a bitch to the "Agenda"... so I take any information from such institutions with a grain of salt (even if they claim independence). Climate change is real... and to a large degree it is man-made, but it is also part of the "up" and "down" of the planet itself. For instance the Amazon Rainforest (which I directly work with) is under immense pressure and there is no debate regarding the fact that humans are destroying it. The planet will survive the destruction, we won't. And it would be a shame to loose all those amazing plants, animals and scenery just to be able to have Nike shoes.

There is one aspect to the climate change debate that I have so far NEVER heard, but that is very important.

Imagine if I come to your house every day and dump polluted waste all over your kitchen floor and at the same time I cut down sections of your walls. I come by and do this to your house on a weekly basis, and eventually (unless you are a little bitch) you are going to put into place "something" to perhaps remove my presence or at least stop it. Right?

The planet is alive. Earth is a conscious entity. If human beings became 100 % ecological and sustainable I think the "natural" aspects of climate change, as well as natural disasters, will decrease. Sometimes people call a hurricane and Act of God, and in a sense it is.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    " natures a serial killer ". Zombie apocalypse he we come, 2 birds with 1 stone, immortality and we leave the planet alone.

As here used to be some talk about the devil, demons and hell, why not have a look at first person data?
    This is a recording of the last documented exorcism in germany. Warning: This can be hard to listen and look to even for hardcore materialists!

After watching and listening to this the first time some years ago, I noticed the following:

1. The devil has a quite "colorful" hessian accent.
    2. This "possession" is probably a problem of the Operating System

The poor girl was grown up in a very "old-fashioned" catholic area. Her problems really went bad when she moved to study in a big city, where she saw what is "possible" for young girls in the 70ies.
    Of course it came to a conflict in the young girl's mind, eventually leading to that "possession". The (experienced!) priests who were called to do the exorcism seemed to have increased the problem and the girl eventually died.

Of course that can't explain everything, as there sure were other girls with a similar background who not got obsessed.

I know other cases when people almost went mad because they thought they broke the second of the ten commandments all the time in their mind.

Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain!

There is an interesting experiment you can do on your own if you want. Try not to think about an icebear for two minutes! Either you will fail, or you will do after those two minutes. It was the same case like with those people and the second commandment. They felt the "nonsensical" need to insult god all the time and got into a conflict because they wanted to be good christians/jews after all.

What I am trying to say is, that when you call something "devilish", or make warnings like "watch out, this entity can scatter your soul!", or "don't be near the Spiritus Mundi", you may force/provoke exactly that what you are warning for. And it may not be a problem at all for most people, if they would not have gotten such kinds of warnings/commandments.

Other examples in that direction may include "the divine call for a holy war against the nonbelievers".

All this is somehow related to the phenomena of "self-fulfilling-prophecy" too, imo.

Of course there may be other explanations, than this one based on the "OS level". What do I know after all. But a lot of such kinds of issues could be avoided when being aware of this imo.
    Last edited by Florius Frammel; 12-31-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    And it may not be a problem at all for most people, if they would not have gotten such kinds of warnings/commandments.
    General remark: Some phenomena are relatively more "fixed" and therefore relatively less "observer/projector-dependent".

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    General remark: Some phenomena are relatively more "fixed" and therefore relatively less "observer/projector-dependent".
    That is why I labeled above examples as "OS problems". You can't deny that counts for alot of discussed issues here. I think I see things you call "fixed" to be rather "volatile" ;-)
    But maybe I just don't understand you here.

Edit: Of course, knowing about these mechanisms also can lead to conciously or unconciously manipulate others towards some kind of personal or "higher" agenda. That has always been the case imo.
    Last edited by Florius Frammel; 12-31-2018 at 01:08 PM.

+ Reply to Thread