Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Thread: Afterlife vs. nothingness debate

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,842
    Blog Entries
    2

    Afterlife vs. nothingness debate

    OFF-TOPIC from here: Physical immortality....on THIS Earth

    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    I don't buy that "I don't want to live forever, please someone shoot me!" thingy.
    That is not how it goes for any wise and intelligent creature. Death is beautiful, as is life.

    Immortality I leave for the vampires, and there is a reason they are called cursed.

    Last edited by Awani; 02-26-2018 at 05:53 PM.
    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    That is not how it goes for any wise and intelligent creature. Death is beautiful, as is life.

    Immortality I leave for the vampires, and there is a reason they are called cursed.

    Death is terrible, that's why everyone in their right mind tries to avoid it for as long as possible. And somehow I strongly suspect that if there was an "immortality pill", among the first in line very willing to take it would in fact be the people who pretend it would be a "curse"

    PS: vampires are "cursed" because they have to feed on the blood of the living for them to be able to keep on living, not because of immortality itself.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,561
    ďI don't want to achieve immortality through my work; I want to achieve immortality through not dying. I don't want to live in the hearts of my countrymen; I want to live in my apartment.Ē - Woody Allen


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,842
    Blog Entries
    2
    I disagree with everything you said, especially quotes by old fucks who fuck their adopted children.

    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,561
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    I disagree with everything you said, especially quotes by old fucks who fuck their adopted children.

    Easy problem, easy solution: jump down a cliff then! You should not try to cling to life if you really believe the weird stuff you preach. After all, "death is beautiful", right?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,842
    Blog Entries
    2
    Are you 14?

    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    400
    I dont think God would ever want to make someone as physically ugly as Woody Allen immortal

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,842
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    I agree with JDP here
    I think you and JDP are confusing longevity and a long productive healthy life with IMMORTALITY.



    I guess if you are a heartless bastard and you take pleasure in burying everyone you ever loved, then immortality is a hoot. What happens when the Sun dies? Are you going to float away in space? LOL.

    Like you said, it''s fun to play video games but after a few hours you want to stretch your legs and do something else. I am certain JDP is dead sure death is an empty black nothingness.. but since death, to me, is a door... it is going to be a great adventure walking through it.

    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    400
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post

    I guess if you are a heartless bastard and you take pleasure in burying everyone you ever loved, then immortality is a hoot.
    Ok so would you say all the successful alchemists before us are heartless bastards for not openly detailing the production of the elixir to the masses ?

    Come to think of it how would one cope with burying everyone they have ever loved? Would you reach a point where you would never allow yourself to love anyone ever again?

    Hmm, that is interesting, Vampires in the story's are sometimes said not to have a beating heart and to be incapable of love....ultimately then taking the elixir turns you into a vampire
    Last edited by Luxus; 02-25-2018 at 02:45 PM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    In the moment...
    Posts
    7,842
    Blog Entries
    2
    Watch Highlander, that films deals with these topics in an excellent way I think.

    Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    Ok so would you say all the successful alchemists before us are heartless bastards for not openly detailing the production of the elixir to the masses?
    They can't detail what they do not have.

    Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts