Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Afterlife vs. nothingness debate

Blog Entries

Is there an afterlife?

Also if we consider the life of the spirit/soul/higher self we are, in a sense, immortal already. So basically what we are discussing is our rental contract with Earth.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd like to move house after about 80+ years... it's a bit boring to live in the same crib forever... it's like eating donuts... tastes good first time, but every day forever... pretty disgusting.

There are four types of people and outcomes to all this:

People who do not think death is the end, enjoys life to the fullest (at least I try to), and then if I am wrong I've had a nice life.

People who do not think death is the end, and find out that they were right will sail onwards with ease.

People who stress about wanting to live forever are people who think that death is THE END.

People who think death is THE END, and are wrong will have a major hangover.

LOL.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    I guess if you are a heartless bastard and you take pleasure in burying everyone you ever loved, then immortality is a hoot.
    finally some recognition

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    I think you and JDP are confusing longevity and a long productive healthy life with IMMORTALITY.

I guess if you are a heartless bastard and you take pleasure in burying everyone you ever loved, then immortality is a hoot. What happens when the Sun dies? Are you going to float away in space? LOL.

Like you said, it''s fun to play video games but after a few hours you want to stretch your legs and do something else. I am certain JDP is dead sure death is an empty black nothingness.. but since death, to me, is a door... it is going to be a great adventure walking through it.

That again prompts the question: why try to cling on to life for as long as possible, then, if you are so sure about the existence of this alleged "door" to some kind of "afterlife"? JUMP OFF A CLIFF, OR TAKE SOME PAINLESS POISON A LA HEAVEN'S GATE CULT!!! Go through them "Pearly Gates" and enjoy that "Eternal Bliss" right now! "Death is beautiful", right?

Also if we consider the life of the spirit/soul/higher self we are, in a sense, immortal already. So basically what we are discussing is our rental contract with Earth.

I don't know about you guys, but I'd like to move house after about 80+ years... it's a bit boring to live in the same crib forever... it's like eating donuts... tastes good first time, but every day forever... pretty disgusting.

There are four types of people and outcomes to all this:

People who do not think death is the end, enjoys life to the fullest (at least I try to), and then if I am wrong I've had a nice life.

People who do not think death is the end, and find out that they were right will sail onwards with ease.

People who stress about wanting to live forever are people who think that death is THE END.

People who think death is THE END, and are wrong will have a major hangover.

LOL.

But you forgot the fifth type:

People who are totally convinced that death is not the end, keep obsessing and preaching about it all their lives, trying not only to convince themselves of it but also others, then when they kick the bucket it turns out their uncorroborated beliefs were bunk, and are now majorly screwed, as they wasted their lives pondering and worrying about things that no one can prove.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    JUMP OFF A CLIFF, OR TAKE SOME PAINLESS POISON A LA HEAVEN'S GATE CULT!!!
    Suicide is for quitters. We are here for a certain time and then we go "home". Enjoy it while it lasts. You utterly fail to grasp the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    But you forgot the fifth type:

People who are totally convinced that death is not the end, keep obsessing and preaching about it all their lives, trying not only to convince themselves of it but also others, then when they kick the bucket it turns out their uncorroborated beliefs were bunk, and are now majorly screwed, as they wasted their lives pondering and worrying about things that no one can prove.
    No, I did not... in fact it was the very first type I mentioned:

What I was trying to explain is that I rather believe in an afterlife and be wrong, than not believe in an afterlife and be wrong. But I guess that was too complicated to grasp.

Since you give me the advice on a regular basis, let me return the favour: why don't you kill yourself?

Personally it would make little difference on my end.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    I'll settle this
    I'll Kill you or JDP or both
    you'll get your answers

Blog Entries
    I have the answers. I'm at peace.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    I'll settle this
    you'll get your answers
    Let's be friends. I always like making friends with people from a wide variety of trades and experience lol
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Is there an afterlife?

Suicide is for quitters. We are here for a certain time and then we go "home". Enjoy it while it lasts. You utterly fail to grasp the concept.
    Sounds like a cheap cop-out. If whatever lies behind that "door" is so great, and you really think it's so sure it actually exists, then you should not waste your time here.

No, I did not... in fact it was the very first type I mentioned:

What I was trying to explain is that I rather believe in an afterlife and be wrong, than not believe in an afterlife and be wrong. But I guess that was too complicated to grasp.
    No, that is not the same as I wrote. This "fifth type" makes it a particular obsession of his life to speculate about what happens after you die that he does not enjoy actual life, the one we know for sure and don't need any proof that it exists.

Since you give me the advice on a regular basis, let me return the favour: why don't you kill yourself?

Personally it would make little difference on my end.

Why should I? I am not the one who claims to be so certain regarding what happens after you kick the bucket, YOU are! Practice what you preach!

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    I'll settle this
    you'll get your answers
    Count me out, I am not the one who claims to know what happens after you croak, but "Awani" claims he does, so your "offer" should not bother him!

+ Reply to Thread