Someone asked me something about the "Alchemie exhibition" of Berlin. Actually the question was if I remembered the name of the alchemist whose "transmuted gold" was on display there.... but none of us could remember it.

So, as we were talking about the exhibition of Berlin, I told this person that something that truly amazed me was the "Alchemical Medal" that was NOT at that exhibition, but at the permanent exhibition of the History Museum of Budapest (which is inside the Buda Castle, which has several museums inside). I wanted to show this person the medal and since I can't look at many photos right now, I used google as to find it.

I found it in this page:

But since the page contains many things, I will paste it here:

An alchemical medal (1677), illustrated with portraits in relief of the Habsburgs, by Johann Permann

Johann Permann, Alchemical Medallion, November 15, 1677. Gold-silver-copper cast. Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna, Austria.

Johann Permann, Alchemical Medallion -reverse side, November 15, 1677. Gold-silver-copper cast. Kunsthistorisches Museum Vienna, Austria.

And with my currently screwed up eyes, I can't read the text, but it's a medal for Leopold I , who was of course openly interested in Alchemy.

The medal at the History Museum of the Buda Castle is more or less 70 cm tall and is surrounded by a set of some 12 minor medals (maybe 15 centimeters tall each one) with the faces of the alchemists of the court.

So it was interesting to find it by chance, because I almost skipped the Numismatics Collection, because the Museums are HUGE and I wanted to see the art, whilst "old coins" is not really my thing. BUT thankfully I got into that room and I saw this fantastic medal. It seems to have been made with gold, silver and copper... but it is still labeled as "Alchemical Medal".

Finding it was, as to say it in a colloquial way, a true "Kodak Moment".

I am having a minor problem with my eyes, so I can't read the text, but if someone likes the idea of transcribing it to letters (to text), then I will gladly translate it to English.
IF not, then it is still interesting to see it as something that belongs to the History of Alchemy.

Other than that, if anyone knows something else related to this medal, then probably this is the thread to open your mouth or remain silent forever.