Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Alchemical Medal of Leopold I

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    Yes, JDP, I know many stories too...
    I do not discard the idea that an alchemist gave a sample of the stone to someone a few times in history, but I truly consider that in MOST of these cases, the most likely option was that the person itself made the Stone and invented a "baloney" story as to avoid troubles.

Yes, many of the persons who allegedly received a sample didn't know about each other... which means nothing. Most criminals around the world also claim that they are innocent when they get caught... and such thing is not a "conspiracy".

We both know that these stories are, at least, a bit strange, so I am SPECULATING about the most reasonable explanation.... quite far from inventing a "conspiracy theory", but the opposite: trying to find a more reasonable explanation.

Then again, this is a matter of SPECULATIONS and OPINIONS, because none of us can know "the historical truth" with 100% accuracy when it comes to these events.
    That explanation doesn't work well because:

1- we should expect less people figuring out how to make the Stone, not more

2- some of the people in these accounts were in fact either forced or amicably persuaded by a ruler or a person in a position of power to produce more transmutations, yet once the sample was depleted they found themselves incapable to continue doing so since they in fact did not know how to make more of it

3- in some accounts it is the person in possession of the sample who is lying and claiming he knows how to prepare the Stone or transmuting "tincture", yet when the sample is depleted he can no longer perform any more transmutations and is forced to either resort to cheating, escape the authorities or confess that he was in fact lying and he had gotten the sample from someone else

4- many of these accounts were written as PRIVATE documents or were originally only transmited by word of mouth among a few, not meant for publication but as personal records or communications with a few individuals (sticking to Stanihurst & Böttger's accounts: the first one was a private written communication between him and the King of Spain that remained totally unknown to the rest of the world until the 19th century, when the chemist and historian Ramon Luanco discovered it; the second one was initially only known to Böttger's boss [Zorn] and the other people present during the transmutation demonstration with the sample of Lascaris' powder, and who, disregarding Böttger's wishes, then started telling what had happened to some other people, like Leibniz), so there is no reason why their authors should lie about where was the Stone sample coming from. Who would they be trying to fool? Themselves??? Not likely or logical.

Perhaps the reason it is difficult to find the stone is that people cannot see the wood for the trees.

If he existed, Jesus had a hard time convincing others. If there was a second coming, how could he convince you?

I guess those that were given the stone didn't know about multiplication of the stone either.

Ghislain

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    Perhaps the reason it is difficult to find the stone is that people cannot see the wood for the trees.

If he existed, Jesus had a hard time convincing others. If there was a second coming, how could he convince you?

I guess those that were given the stone didn't know about multiplication of the stone either.

Ghislain
    Knowing the "multiplication" part by force requires knowing the preparation of the secret solvent/water/mercury, the key to the whole subject and therefore the most difficult of all to unravel. Without it you cannot "feed" the Stone, so no increase, either in quantity or quality.

+ Reply to Thread