Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Hermit

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Hi JDP

If you met this guy one night on a dark and lonely road, you probably
    wouldn't be laughing so hard .... or maybe you would ?

No, but my immediate impression would be that it is just some joker trying to scare the heck out of people by wearing a creepy disguise, which is way more plausible than actually thinking this "guy" really exists, don't you think?

By the way, I saw your "Hermit" too. Really, I did. His name is Jimmy Page, look!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    ...way more plausible than actually thinking this "guy" really exists, don't you think?
    You are saying that an experience someone else had was not real, or imagined?

In that case you must have imagined you have a brain. Same kind of argument.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

No, but my immediate impression would be that it is just some joker trying to scare the heck out of people by wearing a creepy disguise, which is way more plausible than actually thinking this "guy" really exists, don't you think?
    Hi JDP

Yes WAY, WAY more plausible than thinking that this guy actually exists.

As you have spent many years (I assume) convincing yourself through empirical
    experiments in your lab finding the truth that transmutation is real, I spent many years trying to prove that this weird stuff is only made up by weak minded idiots or those with serious drug problems or the religious that need something to believe in that will save them from hell and they can live happily ever after in a glorious heaven.

But the more I poked that hornets nest the more I got stung, continuing to tumble
    deeper down that rabbit hole.
    Buckle your seatbelt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is going bye-bye!" How very appropriate.

It appears there is so much more around us, taking some time to explore new vistas can be very challenging but may open amazing new revelations that we never believed possible .... as with your chymistry.

To transmute lead into gold would be a Great Work but to be able to manifest a single apple seed would be a Devine Work.

Do you think this could be possible ?

Hi JDP

Yes WAY, WAY more plausible than thinking that this guy actually exists.

As you have spent many years (I assume) convincing yourself through empirical
    experiments in your lab finding the truth that transmutation is real, I spent many years trying to prove that this weird stuff is only made up by weak minded idiots or those with serious drug problems or the religious that need something to believe in that will save them from hell and they can live happily ever after in a glorious heaven.

But the more I poked that hornets nest the more I got stung, continuing to tumble
    deeper down that rabbit hole.
    Buckle your seatbelt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is going bye-bye!" How very appropriate.

It appears there is so much more around us, taking some time to explore new vistas can be very challenging but may open amazing new revelations that we never believed possible .... as with your chymistry.

To transmute lead into gold would be a Great Work but to be able to manifest a single apple seed would be a Devine Work.

Do you think this could be possible ?
    No, and there is also no comparison between the two scenarios: chymistry can be researched through known methods, the weird "stuff" can't. The results of chymistry can be replicated by anyone, the weird "stuff" can't. Chymistry happens in the real world, independent of what we think of it, the weird "stuff" only happens inside some people's heads. Chymistry can be proven, the weird "stuff" can't.

PS: Jimmy Page called; he wants his staff and lamp back.

No, and there is also no comparison between the two scenarios: chymistry can be researched through known methods, the weird "stuff" can't. The results of chymistry can be replicated by anyone, the weird "stuff" can't. Chymistry happens in the real world, independent of what we think of it, the weird "stuff" only happens inside some people's heads. Chymistry can be proven, the weird "stuff" can't.

PS: Jimmy Page called; he wants his staff and lamp back.

I beg to differ and would try to assist anyone in these occult areas that the majority of
    people are deeply afraid to venture into .... sometimes with good reason.

Just as many are afraid to venture into the study and practice of chymistry, it also
    can present with many dangers as you well know.

The big question is can the rewards out way the dangers ???

So often it is heart rendering to see a brilliant mind wasting away on common/trivial
    pursuits when with a little tutoring in the right direction that same person could
    possibly be able to transmute on a Grand Scale or possibly even on a Devine Scale.

But on the other hand .... daily we hear the cry "DON'T SEND YOUR DUCKS TO
    EAGLE SCHOOL."

We have the natural world, the preternatural world and the supernatural world
    from what you are implying it appears you have only been privy to the natural world.

The Occult can also be researched through known methods, but as with anything of value it takes time and a dedication to the study and practice of it.

The supernatural/occult sciences can be studied and mastered just like the natural
    sciences but if we are ignorant of such sciences then we will learn nothing of them
    and remain only masters of our own ignorance.

But I must confess that I could be wrong about this .....

PS: You very funny man Mr. JDP

Blog Entries
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raven_paradox

The raven paradox is a paradox arising from the question of what constitutes evidence for a statement. Observing objects that are neither black nor ravens may formally increase the likelihood that all ravens are black even though, intuitively, these observations are unrelated.

––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

Lack of proof is not proof.

Mothers do not have a connection with the baby in the stomach, because I have never had that experience (and I never will)... so it must me mumbo-jumbo.

But I must confess that I could be wrong about this...
    Yes, you could be. JDP would never confess he could be. There you have the difference between an open mind and a narrow one.

Direct experience is the most solid evidence we can have, in my opinion. For now I go with that.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

But on the other hand .... daily we hear the cry "DON'T SEND YOUR DUCKS TO
    EAGLE SCHOOL."
    Matthew 7:6 in Jesus's Sermon on the Mount: "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces."

Ghislain

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    Matthew 7:6 in Jesus's Sermon on the Mount: "Do not give what is holy to the dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces."

Ghislain
    Thanks Ghislain

Do you think this could be a Pearl.

From how I see it, that being could be the Genius of Earth, whom some Abrahamic religions sometimes falsely call as God (sometimes as Devil, being the mess those Abrahamic religions are).

I don't think it has anything to do with Saturn, just because both of them can appear old and grim, it doesn't mean they are the same.

I also don't think that it is appropriate to put Hermit in the mix here. From my researches it seems that Tarot's Hermit Arcane is just a heavily messed up symbolism of highly important Mysteries which are hinted in some works, for example, in the works of Eugenius Philalethes (I think he was mentioning it in his Magia Adamica).

I think it is possible to totally avoid Genius of Earth, and that is one of the stages of true Magic Art.

According to Jung it is the archetype of the old wise man, which is besides the shadow, the anima and the trickster one of the most important archetypes.
    The bipolar gnostic/hermetic tradition usually see two sides, so there are two sides of the old wise man.

Ulmannus, the author of the alchemical book "Buch der heiligen Dreifaltigkeit" is an extreme example of these to sides. He shows two hermaphrodites (which in itself are symbols of the bipolarity). One is good, one is bad.

Examples in pop culture are Gandalf (and the opposite Saruman), Obi Wan, Doctor Emmet Brown, Dumbledore, amo..

+ Reply to Thread