Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Hermit

Quote Originally Posted by Warmheart View Post
    From how I see it, that being could be the Genius of Earth, whom some Abrahamic religions sometimes falsely call as God (sometimes as Devil, being the mess those Abrahamic religions are).

I don't think it has anything to do with Saturn, just because both of them can appear old and grim, it doesn't mean they are the same.

I also don't think that it is appropriate to put Hermit in the mix here. From my researches it seems that Tarot's Hermit Arcane is just a heavily messed up symbolism of highly important Mysteries which are hinted in some works, for example, in the works of Eugenius Philalethes (I think he was mentioning it in his Magia Adamica).

I think it is possible to totally avoid Genius of Earth, and that is one of the stages of true Magic Art.
    Thank you for your view Warmheart.

Where can I find out more about this Genius of Earth ?

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    According to Jung it is the archetype of the old wise man, which is besides the shadow, the anima and the trickster one of the most important archetypes.
    The bipolar gnostic/hermetic tradition usually see two sides, so there are two sides of the old wise man.

Ulmannus, the author of the alchemical book "Buch der heiligen Dreifaltigkeit" is an extreme example of these to sides. He shows two hermaphrodites (which in itself are symbols of the bipolarity). One is good, one is bad.

Examples in pop culture are Gandalf (and the opposite Saruman), Obi Wan, Doctor Emmet Brown, Dumbledore, amo..
    Thanks Florius

Yes he felt like the Wise Old Man, I'm glad I only saw his good side.

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Thank you for your view Warmheart.

Where can I find out more about this Genius of Earth ?
    I am not sure that such info is widely available. I learnt it from my own experience and interacting with some wise men and closed circles of practitioners.

Each Planet has its Genius, that is well known in Western Traditions, however, they keep neglecting Genius of Earth. I think it is caused by gradual degradation of Ancient Knowledge into religion and blind faith, and this is one of the reasons why such info is very rare.

Remnants of knowledge of Genius of Earth is reflected in shades of some cults, for example, those which worshiped Yehova, Kernunnos, Herny, Lucifer, etc. I am not talking about modern deviations of those cults, which are mostly wild perversions or, in best case, just empty shells devoid of any sense.

I also don't think that Genius of Earth has any direct connection with Alchemy and Alchemical symbolism. I am also not sure it can be connected with any kind of hermaphrodite (which I think is just a symbol of something else, so it can't be "good", "bad", etc.), which is also not really connected with Saturn, well... neither of them are actually connected.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Hi JDP

Yes WAY, WAY more plausible than thinking that this guy actually exists.

As you have spent many years (I assume) convincing yourself through empirical
    experiments in your lab finding the truth that transmutation is real, I spent many years trying to prove that this weird stuff is only made up by weak minded idiots or those with serious drug problems or the religious that need something to believe in that will save them from hell and they can live happily ever after in a glorious heaven.

But the more I poked that hornets nest the more I got stung, continuing to tumble
    deeper down that rabbit hole.
    Buckle your seatbelt Dorothy, 'cause Kansas is going bye-bye!" How very appropriate.

It appears there is so much more around us, taking some time to explore new vistas can be very challenging but may open amazing new revelations that we never believed possible .... as with your chymistry.

To transmute lead into gold would be a Great Work but to be able to manifest a single apple seed would be a Devine Work.

Do you think this could be possible ?
    Your a legend!

Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by Warmheart View Post
    I am not sure that such info is widely available. I learnt it from my own experience and interacting with some wise men and closed circles of practitioners.

Each Planet has its Genius, that is well known in Western Traditions, however, they keep neglecting Genius of Earth. I think it is caused by gradual degradation of Ancient Knowledge into religion and blind faith, and this is one of the reasons why such info is very rare.

Remnants of knowledge of Genius of Earth is reflected in shades of some cults, for example, those which worshiped Yehova, Kernunnos, Herny, Lucifer, etc. I am not talking about modern deviations of those cults, which are mostly wild perversions or, in best case, just empty shells devoid of any sense.

I also don't think that Genius of Earth has any direct connection with Alchemy and Alchemical symbolism. I am also not sure it can be connected with any kind of hermaphrodite (which I think is just a symbol of something else, so it can't be "good", "bad", etc.), which is also not really connected with Saturn, well... neither of them are actually connected.
    I've been contemplating on what you wrote about the Genius of the Earth.
    I must agree that this Genius is not The Hermit that I have seen.

But if you view the Genius of the Earth as a celestial body then it may have
    a relationship to Saturn IMHO.

Genius of the Earth also makes me think of Genie in a bottle.

Do you think there could be a correlation between the two ?

I equate Saturn with being a malevolent being, actually I think Saturn and Satan are one and the same.

The hermit I think is the potential which slumbers in everyone, it is your higher self or what many are calling "knowledge and conversation with the holy guardian angel" something akin to the Zoroastrian Fravashis.

Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    I equate Saturn with being a malevolent being, actually I think Saturn and Satan are one and the same.

The hermit I think is the potential which slumbers in everyone, it is your higher self or what many are calling "knowledge and conversation with the holy guardian angel" something akin to the Zoroastrian Fravashis.
    Hi Luxus

I like this line of thought about this Hermit being a Higher Self or a
    Holy Guardian Angel, this sits well with me.

Some years after the last meeting with The Hermit/Entity a spirit medium in trance
    began talking to me about this entity and clearly new about my encounters with him.

I was quite surprised at being confronted with this, I was at a meeting/séance with
    many people and as it had finished everyone was leaving the room.

It was then that this spirit medium (still in trance) called out to me to come back and sit with him.
    He continued with something about this entity being called Two Tapper or He who knocks twice (I can't remember this very clearly).... and that He is always there for me.

I had never met this medium before and he didn't ask me any questions.

Being with him (The Hermit/Entity) felt so comfortable as if he was an old friend or family.

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Your a legend!

Back at ya .... Mr. Mixer

You have inspired me to do some Lab Work.

Coming soon ..... but don't hold your breath.

I believe in the ancestors also for example I am from an Irish background and I know my ancestors were Druids, I also know some of these Druids accomplished Imbas (enlightenment) and that they are spiritual masters. I am linked to them by blood and you Mr black are linked to your ancestors by your blood so it is entirely possible you met one of your enlightened ancestors who has taken an interest in you.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    The results of chymistry can be replicated by anyone, the weird "stuff" can't.
    So anything on film must be real then as anyone with medium to store and play it can reproduce it.

Dmitri Mendeleev predicted some properties of unidentified elements that were expected to fill gaps within the periodic table of elements when no one could prove their existence. Most of his forecasts proved to be correct.

The weird stuff just hasn't been proved yet. Keep an open mind.

Ghislain

+ Reply to Thread