Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Dealing with stress

Blog Entries

Dealing with stress

I guess this could be a post in a few other threads of mine, but I'll make it a thread on its own. As they usually do I will be writing about reality/illusion, yet again. LOL.

Anyway in the past year I have had way too much shit on my plate. And I have noticed an increased pressure in my chest. These are clear signs of stress and very similar to the pressure one feels on the chest right before panic attacks. I know this from experience when I was younger.

Now it is very difficult to not be stressed if you have a lot of things that needs to be done, within a certain time frame. Practically impossible. It is also a vicious loop, because the stress often tends to create more laziness (feeling tired due to pressure), which leads to more stress.

Since I am fairly aware of my own state of mind I have been both conscious and concerned about this, and I have used myself - as I always do - as a guinea pig.

With the right outlook and mindset on my current situation I have noticed that the stress, and pressure on my chest, softens. The true source of any stress is the mountain of "stuff" that is hanging over you at all times... stuff that needs to be done (whatever it may be). It is this mountain hoovering (for me) behind my head, over my shoulder... that is the pressure on my mind... and what pressures the mind creates pressure in the body. Basically I was living in the shadow of this mountain.

So I have noticed that if I place this mountain of stress/pressure/stuff at a greater distance from my actual everyday mind, it's gravitational pull decreases (due to the fact the distance to me is greater). The mountain is in the horizon, and its shadow cannot reach me.

All of this is a play with how one can visualise anything that is internal. I picked a mountain in this scenario.

Basically what I am getting at is that you can change your situation/reality with the mind. And with this topic I have, at least for me, demonstrated one way to do so. The stress is no longer INSIDE me, but it resides outside of me. It is easier to handle and deal with it in this way.

An allegory to what I am saying is that it is easier to handle the stress another person has, than the stress oneself has. It is easier to not have a toothache when a friend has it, and much harder to not feel pain when oneself has a toothache.

So I have basically, with the mind, placed the "pain" outside myself. I can look at it, unbiased. And with such eyes it becomes less of a mountain and more like a mound or a bump. If that makes sense.

Give it a try.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Have you tried periods of being barefoot on grass ?
    can you remember the sensation of the grass on your feet ?
    Last edited by Kibric; 03-15-2018 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    Kibric, yes that's an awesome way to reduce stress. General recommendation I have read is to do this 1st thing in the morning and it's even better if there's dew on the ground. 30 - 60 mins works best 'Grounding' oneself to the earth helps a lot not just with stress reduction but also in improved mental and physical state.

I personally prefer walking barefoot on the beach first thing in the morning with the waves lapping at my feet. Another type of grounding that contains both earth and water. It is an amazing way to reduce stress. Unfortunately, I don't live close to the beach so when I'm stressed I try to remember the sensation and always long to go back to the beach and experience that sensation once again

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    Kibric,

I personally prefer walking barefoot on the beach first thing in the morning with the waves lapping at my feet. Another type of grounding that contains both earth and water. It is an amazing way to reduce stress. Unfortunately, I don't live close to the beach so when I'm stressed I try to remember the sensation and always long to go back to the beach and experience that sensation once again
    I went cockling the other day (shaking your feet in the sand to find cockles) i had my feet in the water for about an hour or maybe two. And it was physically exaughting; however, the feeling I had afterwards was truely amazing. Uphoric; probably the best ive felt all year.

I just had those cockles for lunch today actually with kefar lime leaves, vietnamese mint, coconut shavings, chilli ect... fucking beautiful. ...
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    Excuse me, but I live in a climate where the grass is frozen solid for at least 4 months... and where you would not want to walk barefoot for at least a period of 7-8 months, unless you want to freeze... so no that is certainly not an option. I have to wait for at least May or June for that...

Visualisation works wonders, but requires some practice. I am interested in making internal non-material matter into physical visible matter, even if only I can see it.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

A baby breathes from its belly. If your breath rises to your chest concentrate on your naval and breath slow, deep and rhythmically. Look up as opposed to looking down, correct your posture, do not hunch your back and smile.

+ Reply to Thread