Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Manuscript Quest: Secrets Of The Golden R+C

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    There is no known "official" translation to English. I guess what FF wrote above is the best you'll currently find.

I'm personally not desperate for those Ms, but I may check out the Berlin "Secret Archives" (when time permits) and report here what I find.
    What changed your opinion? I remember you organizing that quest and suggesting crowdfunding.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    What changed your opinion? I remember you organizing that quest and suggesting crowdfunding.
    No matter the reason, it doesn't mean I won't go there and check it out, and if possible, make pics and send them to you.

This is my translation of the text of the first Labor (5th Grade). As you will have noticed already, I am no professional or native english speaker/translator. But I hope it serves you better than Goolge Translate. It's very hard for me to translate these old texts, as they used very long passages between the sentences. I think that's pretty elegant (the sentences -not my translation) though I am not used to translate these kind of texts.

Text in square brackets are alternative words inserted by me to possibly provide a better understanding. The content in round brackets exists in the original text, but I failed to include it into the flow of the text.

Labor Imus or the attraction of the air-spirit

First the worthy brother has to choose [find] a habitation in a remote, free, slightly elevated place, always filled with fresh air, to prepare inside a comfortable room or chamber , in which exists a window to the Orient: In said chamber all openings have to be well closed and a pane taken out of the one single window pointing towards the Orient, or if there are wooden shutters, one has to cut out a round hole in the diameter of a pan in which is put a big funnel made of glass or white sheet (see Fig. A) from outside. Above the funnel must hang a leaden cover B., which has to be opened with a line when the air is pure and closed when the weather is cloudy. In the end of the funnel a pipe C. of the same Materia and the length of an arm that sharpens towards one end, has to be put, that leads into the canal of the tubulated flask Lit. D, where a wide helmet Lit. E has to be applicated, from which the snout goes into Lit. F. The flask lies in an earthen sand Capelle Lit. G on (symbol of tin), which is standing on a small iron oven Lit. H, like it is clearly shown in the drawing of the machines.

If the air is clean and cool, the cover of the funnel will be opened and a gentle fire is made in the oven, so that the ash only reaches the warmth of the first grade of a B.M. Like this, these calor as an Attractivum will draw [suck] the earth-spiritum (which is hidden from our eyes) with great power and make it visible and touchable in aqua-form very quickly.
    But should the air be not cool or tempered, but hot and humid, one must replace the ashes with Sal Communis that is put into a tinnen bowl placed on ice. This way the same effect like with the fire will be observed.

NB. This operation must begin each time at dawn and be ended around the 9th hour.
    After the worthy brother has collected a sufficient quantity of this birth giving, feeding and as well consuming and then again birth giving, common world-, air and life-spirit, he has to put it into some clean glasses with ingrained plugs and store them at a cool place until needed. But the glasses have to be completely full, otherwise this alive-making spirit would start its Circulationes in the empty space in between, and exactly like the whole earth arose, when it was created in and out of the water, because the spirit of god was floating there above, this inseperable Quintum esse as a ruler of the beautiful daughters of god (nature) would separate the Terra out of the Aqua at a time that is unwanted now. With the recommendation to the worthy brother, that he preferably undertakes the attraction of the spirit in the first 2 balmy month May and June, we will finish the first Labor and go on from Keter to Chochma.
    Last edited by Florius Frammel; 04-20-2018 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Text improvements and inserting picture

Blog Entries
    Thank you very much for your translation !
    Salazius

http://dartigne.blogspot.com/

My Works

"I want to transmute everywhere" ~ The Spirit of Alchemy.

Blog Entries
    [...] draw [suck] the earth-spiritum (which is hidden from our eyes) with great power and make it visible and touchable in aqua-form [...]
    [...] this birth giving, feeding and as well consuming and then again birth giving, common world-, air and life-spirit [...]
    I extracted those passages for those who think/believe it's common dew that we're after

If we wanted to collect common dew, there are much easier and more efficient ways...

I extracted those passages for those who think/believe it's common dew that we're after

If we wanted to collect common dew, there are much easier and more efficient ways...
    Two things I've noticed:

1.The metal maybe is used because of a better thermal conductivity.

2. Neither in this nor in the Bacstrom setup a (for dew collection) sensible airflow is possible. In contrary, the air is more likely sucked off the receiver creating a low pressure (a Null Zone?).

Blog Entries
    All I'm saying is that it's very unlikely that those "devices" are meant for condensing common dew.

FF, when I have some time to transcribe it, I'll PM you the details of an experiment made by someone using such a type of device + a tip or two.

After that, I don't believe I can be of any further assistance with this line particular line of research, as I myself have not been working along these lines for a long time. Not because it's useless, but because I'm experimenting with a few "better" ways to obtain a "product" of higher purity & potency.

All I'm saying is that it's very unlikely that those "devices" are meant for condensing common dew.

FF, when I have some time to transcribe it, I'll PM you the details of an experiment made by someone using such a type of device + a tip or two.

After that, I don't believe I can be of any further assistance with this line particular line of research, as I myself have not been working along these lines for a long time. Not because it's useless, but because I'm experimenting with a few "better" ways to obtain a "product" of higher purity & potency.
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to see that!

And, if I may ask, have your "better" ways some bonds to the Ormus community?

Here is my translation of the introduction to those processes of which we have the first two steps so far:
    It should be placed before the already translated first step.

"A to this holy work appointed brother and adept needs to well know and understand, before he begins with his operations, what the dew of heavens[sky?/fire?] and the fats of the earth[soil?] are, so he won't err and take it quid pro quo. We don't want to have understood here neither the dew, which coagulates when falling and in the moment when it touches something gets half-specified, nor the fats of the earth[soil?] itself in a whole, but only the pure Spiritum Mundi and the virgin [unconcubinated] Sal Terrae like we will show in the following."

And here comes my translation of the second step:

Labor IIdus. The collection of the virgin earth

This should happen almost contemporaneously with the first step above as follows: After the worthy brother has chosen a sublime, well flowered field, meadow or garden freed of swamp and moss, filled with black or red volaric [flying? volatile?] ground [soil], he goes to said place early in the morning before sunrise when the weather is bright and pure and digs until under the vegetable roots approxiametly three hand margins [100 cm]deep and draws five pounds [2.5 kg] of this earth with a small wooden shovel into a glassed vessel and cover it immediately so that nothing heterogenous gets inside. Then he proceeds as follows: This earth must be spread on one big, severel small and very flat earthen or glass bowls as high as a finger is wide and put to a place where it is well protected of dew and wind, rain and sunshine too, to attract the air-Spiritus and to dry the earthen mouisture. They have to be covered with glass helmets or bowls when the weather is cloudy, humid air, rain, storm and thunderstorms and reopened only when the sky [heaven?] is pure. After one has done this the whole month of may or june this earth has to be sieved through a sieve (with holes not too small) to get rid of gravel and sand, because if this earth indurated to sand and stone would stay inside and solves too much of the World-Spirit, this cloudy and sandy being would cause a glass-like [matter], which would be a hindrance to the work and brings damage.

[Two pictures soon, see Spiritus Mundi thread]

[End of step two]

Bayer then says:

Following to this:

3. "The first chaotic Conjuction and putrefaction"
    4."The Solutio et Resolutio Terrae in B.M."
    5."The whole abstraction per gradus in sand"
    6."The de-phlagmation of the Menstrui in B.M."
    7. "The Calcinatio Terrae et Extractio Salis"
    8."The Conjunctio et Cohobatio Salis"
    9. "The Solutio, Putrefactio, Coagulatio, et Plusquamperfectio Solis ad Lapidem"
    10."The multiplication and projection".

Those last eight stages missing are yet to be found in the MS at the "Geheimes Staatsarchiv Berlin" or at that R+C Lodge in Sweden.
    Last edited by Florius Frammel; 05-02-2018 at 03:11 PM. Reason: Adding translation of second step

Blog Entries

Andro, may i please hear the experiment and tips and tricks please?

Also I was wondering; if your not working like this anymore; is wuat your doing somehow similar? Or have you ditched the moisture from the air bit all together?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

+ Reply to Thread