Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The stone in three hours

The stone in three hours

Maria the Jewess said she could complete the magnum opus in three hours. Do we know of any other alchemists boasting such a speedy turnaround?

If true what does that tell us about the first stage blackness/putrefaction?

Can something turn black and putrefy in an hour?

If not a reassessment of these colours is in order...Blackness, Whiteness, redness...are these to be taken literally or do they symbolise something else?

What is the colour of the elixir in non western alchemical traditions?

Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    Maria the Jewess said she could complete the magnum opus in three hours. Do we know of any other alchemists boasting such a speedy turnaround?
    The Jabirian "corpus" also has some similar strange claims about shortening the time for preparing the Stone to a few days or hours. Such claims sound suspicious to me. Even the claims of the "brass-founder" in Helvetius' account that the Stone can allegedly be made in just 4 days sounds a bit difficult to believe. The secret solvent does not act so fast, at least in the forms of it known to most alchemists. It requires some time to exert its action on the metallic matters it is put in contact with. Plus it requires more time to eventually "coagulate" with the dissolved metallic "sulphur" and form the Stone in the process. Resorting to strong heats and crucibles, as the anonymous visitor of Helvetius claims, sounds also suspicious. How do you keep the secret solvent from evaporating too fast? Unless he knew a very secret method to make it less volatile, I don't see how this could possibly work. At such high temperatures you would waste most, if not all, of it before it has had enough time to act on the mineral/metallic matters. There are several reasons why most alchemists describe the making of the Stone as taking several months, and one of them is that the secret solvent has a relatively slow rate of action.

If true what does that tell us about the first stage blackness/putrefaction?

Can something turn black and putrefy in an hour?
    It depends on your definition of "putrefy".

If not a reassessment of these colours is in order...Blackness, Whiteness, redness...are these to be taken literally or do they symbolise something else?
    They are meant quite literally. The alchemists were describing color changes inside their flasks.

What is the colour of the elixir in non western alchemical traditions?
    The Chinese described it as a red substance.

The Islamic tradition is strongly based on the Alexandrian and Byzantine tradition, so it belongs to the western tradition, where the Stone is described as having two forms: white and red (this last one is sometimes also described as yellow/yellowish, orange or purple.)

Blog Entries
    There are some authors who say " alchemists make long of the short " and the months are philosophical months
    I'll try to dig out the quotes

Maria the Jewess said she could complete the magnum opus in three hours
    yes but i think she mentioned a days work preparing an Oil beforehand

How do you keep the secret solvent from evaporating too fast?
    If its this
    It is named the water of life, the purest and most blessed water,
    yet not the water of the clouds, or of any common spring but a thick, permanent, salt, and (in a certain sense)
    dry water, which wets not the hand, a slimy water which springs out of the fatness of the earth.
    then you can turn it back into a salt

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    If its this

then you can turn it back into a salt
    Yes, but even in its solid forms it is still volatile. See, for example, Grasshoff's Greater and Lesser Edifier (he worked with a solid form of the secret solvent, which he calls the "White Lily".)

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Yes, but even in its solid forms it is still volatile. See, for example, Grasshoff's Greater and Lesser Edifier (he worked with a solid form of the secret solvent, which he calls the "White Lily".)
    This reminds me of iodine, which skips the liquid state when getting gaseous and vice versa. Some witnesses of the stone tell about an iodine smell too. And in addition it's even purple. Unfortunately in it's elementary form it lacks all the other properties connected with the stone or the US.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    The Chinese described it as a red substance.

The Islamic tradition is strongly based on the Alexandrian and Byzantine tradition, so it belongs to the western tradition, where the Stone is described as having two forms: white and red (this last one is sometimes also described as yellow/yellowish, orange or purple.)
    In the Chinese tradition it is described in two forms, one solid the pill of immortality which is red and also one liquid the Jindan "golden elixir" or jinye "Golden Liquor"

If you take one ounce each of Gold Water (i.e., Golden Liquor) and Mercury Water, and drink them facing the sun, you immediately will become a Golden Man (jinren). Your body will be radiant and will grow feathers and wings. On high you will put in motion the Original Essence (yuanjing) on behalf of [the God of] the Central Yellow (Zhonghuang) and of the Great One (Taiyi).(1) If you drink half an ounce each of Gold Water [and Mercury Water], you will live a long life without end.

Two ounces form one dose. Ingest it at dawn with fereshly drawn pure water, facing the sun. You will be able to dissolve your form becoming invisible and to fly soaring to the Great Void (taixu). An envoy of the Great Ultimate will welcome you with the Golden Elixir and the Winged-wheel [Chariot] (yulun). You will multiply your form and transform your shadow, making them into thousands of white cranes. You will rise to [the heaven] of Great Tenuity (Taiwei) and will receive the rank of a True Immortal (zhenxian). Your longevity will equal that of the Three Luminaries (i.e., the sun, the moon, and the planets); you will revert to youth and move away from old age. Your complexion will shine like jade, and in one instant you will obtain a radiant spiritual force (yaoling). Such indeed is the power of the Reverted Elixir in Nine Cycles.
    http://www.goldenelixir.com/jindan/t..._benefits.html

Mary the Jewess said that she could made the Stone in 3 hours, but with our current technology it can be done in one hour taking all the precautions for that. We are talking about the short path with gold.

Hi Luxus

In the Chinese tradition it is described in two forms, one solid the pill of immortality which is red and also one liquid the Jindan "golden elixir" or jinye "Golden Liquor"
    If you take one ounce each of Gold Water (i.e., Golden Liquor) and Mercury Water, and drink them facing the sun, you immediately will become a Golden Man (jinren). Your body will be radiant and will grow feathers and wings. On high you will put in motion the Original Essence (yuanjing) on behalf of [the God of] the Central Yellow (Zhonghuang) and of the Great One (Taiyi).(1) If you drink half an ounce each of Gold Water [and Mercury Water], you will live a long life without end.
    I find this quote very interesting in the amount of the Gold Water and Mercury Water they suggest
    to drink ... one ounce of each ?

Usually the Alchemic Masters write about using a few drops or a grain or two.

These amounts sound very excessive.

I have this feeling that no one is going to listen or think upon what I am going to say but anyway.

There are 7 regimens so 7 colors. Putrefaction is the regimen of Saturn. You use these color changes as a proxy for the evolution of the Spirit.

Think in terms of Spirit, its evolution and conditions necessary for the same. If you think in terms of Putrefaction, Distillation other xxxions, its game over in Alchemy.

----------------------------------

A thought to ponder, what if there exists in nature such a material that is both pure, active in terms of Spirit and which is mineral in nature. Should it exist, can't we speed up our work by orders of magnitude?

Blog Entries
    I have this feeling that no one is going to listen or think upon what I am going to say but anyway
    yer they will
    I read nearly everything on this site and take in everyone's views ideas and concepts.

+ Reply to Thread