Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Seminar on Alchemy by Anne Baring in London.

Seminar on Alchemy by Anne Baring in London.

Due to a little synchronicity I happened to come across the greatest interpretation of Alchemy I have ever encountered, written by Anne Baring

Base Metal into Gold: The Process of the Soul's Transmutation

What follows is a seminar by Anne Baring in London. The seminar is broken down into four one hour talks.

Part One: The Great Work of Alchemy: The Process of the Soulís Transformation

Ghislain
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

Part Two: The Great Work of Alchemy: The Process of the Soulís Transformation

Ghislain
    Last edited by Ghislain; 03-22-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Part Three: The Great Work of Alchemy: The Process of the Soulís Transformation

Ghislain
    Last edited by Ghislain; 03-22-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Part Four: The Great Work of Alchemy: The Process of the Soulís Transformation

Ghislain

Blog Entries

Mod post

Off-topic moved here: Yawn

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

I dont agree with her interpretation of what Alchemy is, actually I dont understand how someone can study alchemical treatise and then conclude that the red and white stone is seeing with the eye and understanding with the heart.

Everyone can be an alchemist now because you can make-up what alchemy is because its "your truth".
    I will only be able to call myself an alchemist when I succeed in making the philosophers stone. If I dont then I failed and you have to be able to be real with yourself and say I tried but failed. Its a much more honest position then to turnaround and reinvent what the philosophers stone is so you can convince your ego that you succeeded when in reality you failed!

Blog Entries
    Your argument only works with your view of what success is and what the Stone is. I have not looked at these videos yet, so I cannot like/dislike. All I know is that for a lot of people it is not about trying to convince your ego about anything, because of failure. Some would even hold the position that a person that do make the classic Stone i.e. makes lots of gold... some would view such a person as a total failure.

Every person has a different path. Nothing to do with ego nor with failure.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Your argument only works with your view of what success is and what the Stone is. I have not looked at these videos yet, so I cannot like/dislike. All I know is that for a lot of people it is not about trying to convince your ego about anything, because of failure. Some would even hold the position that a person that do make the classic Stone i.e. makes lots of gold... some would view such a person as a total failure.

Every person has a different path. Nothing to do with ego nor with failure.

So in your opinion nobody can fail then, we all get to be a success?

How did she come to the conclusion that the "red and white stone is seeing with the eye and understanding with the heart" ? I'm totally perplexed how we could be reading the same material and she could come to such a radically different interpretation.

I haven't watched the videos yet either, so I am not sure if I would see eye to eye with Anne Baring. However, in my understanding, Alchemy is a multifaceted art and science. And besides practical Alchemists, there have always been purely speculative Alchemists as well. I agree that, ideally, both sides will be present in a representative of the art. But limiting the definition of an Alchemist to somebody seeking the Philosopher's Stone in the laboratory (let alone to somebody who already found it) is too narrow a view in my book. Although, according to a widely accepted definition, an adept is somebody who has actually manufactured the Stone.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    So in your opinion nobody can fail then, we all get to be a success?
    No, I am saying that only I can say if I fail. No one else. And vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    I have not looked at these videos yet, so I cannot like/dislike.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sternbach View Post
    I haven't watched the videos yet either, so I am not sure if I would see eye to eye with Anne Baring.

+ Reply to Thread