Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Seminar on Alchemy by Anne Baring in London.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    No, I am saying that only I can say if I fail. No one else. And vice versa.

Hahaha....if only my teachers at School were of that opinion!

What about if I say you fail?

I think this lady is a Jungian alchemist, which is modern Bs

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    What about if I say you fail?
    You can say whatever you want. Only I know if I fail or not, because it is based on what I would consider a fail would be in whatever scenario.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

I dont agree with her interpretation of what Alchemy is, actually I dont understand how someone can study alchemical treatise and then conclude that the red and white stone is seeing with the eye and understanding with the heart.
    I think perhaps your understanding may be better if you read her works. I dare say I don't understand many things that I haven't read. The four part seminar is only one part in Anne Baring's twenty years of studying Alchemy. I have read the article at the beginning and watched two episodes of the above videos and already I have a much clearer outlook on what I believe alchemy to be than I got in my 9 - 10 years of reading texts and experimenting.

I consider Anne's interpretations to be on point and it shall be the path I shall be looking into from now on.

Everything fits so neatly.

In alchemy you can search for the vulgar gold for a lifetime, or find the philosophical gold in the truth that has been with you all along, but hidden in clear sight.

I will only be able to call myself an alchemist when I succeed in making the philosophers stone.
    I believe there are many that called themselves alchemists who never did discover the philosopher's stone, and, IMO, that is probably OK as the search is most likely more important.

Ghislain

Edit: If you haven't already, read, "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coehlo and, "Siddhartha" by Hermann Hesse
    Last edited by Ghislain; 03-25-2018 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghislain View Post
    I think perhaps your understanding may be better if you read her works.....If you haven't already, read, "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coehlo and, "Siddhartha" by Hermann Hesse
    To be honest I wouldn't read her work, I watched the first video and it was enough for me. Its clear I could never see eye to eye with her....she doesn't believe in the philosophers stone as being a real thing and I would not be wasting my time with Alchemy if I did not believe the stone was a real physical thing.

Yes I have read "the Alchemist"...and I dont like that book either for the same reason...it basically reduces the philosophers stone to being some mental revelation rather then being a real physical thing.

I don't think Anne is saying that the P.Stone is not a real thing, in fact I think she is saying the opposite for without it nothing man has achieved would have come into existence.

The P.Stone has been responsible for cities, weapons, art, vehicles (rockets, ships, trains, aircraft, cars and trucks), desert reclamation, orbital satellites, temples, communities (large and small)...the list is extensive.

What is important is how it is used, for with great power comes great responsibility.

Possible discoverers of the P.Stone...

Jesus, Muhammad, Michael Jackson, Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Nebuchadnezzar, Leonardo Da Vinci, Paracelsus, Isaac Newton, Abraham Lincoln, Mahatma Gandhi, Nikola Tesla, Ramesses, Aristotle, Bill Gates, Charles Dickens, Rosa Parks...again the list is extensive.

Ghislain

To be honest I wouldn't read her work, I watched the first video and it was enough for me. Its clear I could never see eye to eye with her....she doesn't believe in the philosophers stone as being a real thing and I would not be wasting my time with Alchemy if I did not believe the stone was a real physical thing.

Yes I have read "the Alchemist"...and I dont like that book either for the same reason...it basically reduces the philosophers stone to being some mental revelation rather then being a real physical thing.
    Why can't it be both? In fact, it has to be both, according to the Hermetic principle of correspondence.

A passage Ali Puli posted by Andro in the thread "golden water experiment" reflects on what Anne Baring is saying in the link in the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    The salt of Nature is found everywhere, and in everything. From all substances however, it is not easily to be obtained, nor is it sufficiently powerful for all purposes. For the often mentioned Masterpiece of the Philosophers, it is as good as for many things. But it is necessary to choose the best that can be found in Nature … When the Artificer knows how to extract from the world, its inner central force or Salt of Nature, and also knows where to find an abundance of the Salt of Nature united to the astral focal seat in anything … then the truth of Nature is resident in him, and with this illumination he can perceive Nature throughout. If anyone should come to know the Little World properly, then nothing of the Greater World would remain unknown to him … I say to you, my disciples in the study of Nature, if you do not find the thing for which you are seeking, in your own self, much less will you find it outside your self. Understand the glorious strength resident in your own selves. Why trouble to inquire from another? In Man … there are things more glorious than are to be found elsewhere in the whole world. Should anyone desire to become a Master, he will not find a better material for his achievement anywhere than in himself … from an eager heart, moved by my own experience, I will cry out to my beloved fellow men: “Oh! Man, know thyself!” In you resides the Treasure of all Treasures … which by men of experience and intelligence, is named the Great Wonder of the World. It is in reality a burning water, a liquid fire, more potent than all fire, air, earth, or water. In its crude state it dissolves and absorbs solid gold. It reduces it into a fatty blackish or blackish-grey earth, and a thick, slimy, salt water; without fire, or acid, and without any violent reaction, which no other thing in the world can accomplish. Nothing is excluded from it … the Wise Men of old sought for and found it.

… it is a Spiritual Water, a True Spirit, the Spirit of Life itself … This is the Foundation Stone, in truth, which is rejected by the careless ignorance of the Builders … Friends, I have shown you The Way, and now I will add with more sufficiency: The World containing the highest and most immediate element of the Wise Men for the achievement of the Masterpiece is Man himself … The Ore is the best and also the worst. The most precious, is a most turbid water. These are like Earth and Water, yet neither one nor the other is any good by itself. From these two, a Son, or a Seed, emerges, and from the three bodies [principles], there is formed the Spirit and Soul in Man … If the Artificer could find this … he could then separate the pure from the impure. He could make, without fire and without any extraneous matter, a Virgin Earth, without odour and without colour. He could divide and secure from it: Sal Centrale, Vitriolum Microcosmi, the Venus of the Sages; Sal Astrale; Mercurium Microcosmi, and Lunam Philosophicam [and produce the Philosophers’ Stone]. Once purified, he could produce a Son, better than his parents …
    If one is to find the Philosopher's Stone then one has first to look within oneself.

Ghislain
    Open Book
    "Dogmatic Assumption Inhibits Enquiry" Rupert Sheldrake

+ Reply to Thread