Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Oil from the flinty rock

Blog Entries
    @Elixirmixer
    What temperatures are we talking here...
    Thats difficult to be precise about, fixing the matter into a circle is a prolonged gentle boil on an open fire
    extracting the Oil is a constant sweating
    Congealing the Oil is a lower gentle heat " loses natural humidity "
    The Oil blackens under the constant heat of a mans body
    and with a slowly increasing fire the crystal is formed
    Is the oil volatile or fixed?
    both in the operation
    Any text recommendations?
    The Root of the World
    So, saith Rhasis, simple generation, and natural transformation is the operation of the elements. But it is necessary, that the elements be of one kind, and not divers, to wit, simple: for otherwise neither action nor passion could happen between them. So saith Aristotle, there is no true generation, but of things agreeing in nature. So that things be not made but according to their natures. The elder or oak trees will not bring forth pears; nor can you gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles, things bring not forth, but only their like, or what agrees with the in nature, each tree its own fruit.
    http://www.rexresearch.com/alchemy5/bacnroot.htm

@Schmuldvich
    I don't want to be all up in the dude's thread posting my viewpoints,
    i'd be happy for input

If a premature redness should appear in your work as a red/brown ring floating on your matter it is a sign there is some error with the solvent.

Blog Entries
    Where is that from ?
    it jogged my memory a quote something about " a hoary circle, like a horseshoe "
    if you could link me the text, i could see if there's a distinction between seeing this premature redness before or after separating the Oil

I have read it a few times in different text but the only one I can remember right now is THE SOPHIC HYDROLITH

To conclude—as, in our chemico-philosophical process, it was possible and necessary to correct at once any defect or irregularity, since otherwise the whole compound would be corrupted and rendered useless; so, in the Christian life, every fault must at once he carefully corrected, and put away, lest it afford a loophole for Satan, the world, and the flesh, to creep in again, and to cause in us, so to speak, a pernicious sublimation, or a premature redness ..........If, however, during the operation, any accidental mishap should occur, it must be seen to in time, or else the chemical process will never be brought to perfection. If you (I) observe that before the compound is solved and turns black, anything is sublimed, or evaporated, or something resembling a red oil floats on the surface of the substance (which is a bad sign); or (2) if before or after it has turned white, it turns red too suddenly; or (3) if, towards the end, it does not properly coagulate; or (4) if the substance is so strongly affected by the heat that, being taken out, it does not instantly melt on red hot iron like wax, but tinges and colours the iron, and afterwards will not remain fixed in the fire—you may regard all these indications as symptoms of a false composition and temperature, or of some kind or other of carelessness.

I like where you are heading with this Kibric. Keep us posted. I have an idea what sort of "flinty rock" you may be working with, but I could be wrong. I'm curious, did you render it into a powder before applying heat, or in any other way fracture it? This material has been on my suspicion list for a while.

It sounds like you have used quite a bit of heat to drain the oil, but wonder if a glass in the sunlight would provide enough, especially on a warm day. The more I look around me in the wild, the more I suspect that sunlight itself is the solvent, and it need not be collected in a bottle because it is literally everywhere (during the day), and the combination of sunlit days and cool nights are conducive to a material sweating out it's inner moisture (oil).

Is your heat gentle enough to make that sound feasible at all? If your oil is bubbling than I suspect not. I wonder also if there is a corresponding change in the "flinty rock" once it has cast off it's "oil?" I might have to see if I can find some around here, or at least an acceptable substitute in the substrate of my hill. But not this week. This week we get our spring rain, and it'll be a mess to go digging in the dirt.

Blog Entries
    @Luxus
    if before or after it has turned white, it turns red too suddenly; or (3) if, towards the end, it does not properly coagulate; or
    this makes me think its referring to the Oil after separation from the circle

@Dragons Tail
    I like where you are heading with this Kibric. Keep us posted
    I will now
    I'm curious, did you render it into a powder before applying heat, or in any other way fracture it?
    no i didnt
    It sounds like you have used quite a bit of heat to drain the oil, but wonder if a glass in the sunlight would provide enough, especially on a warm day.
    bright sunlight in summer definitely does. A constant sweating extracts the Oil.
    and the combination of sunlit days and cool nights are conducive to a material sweating out it's inner moisture (oil).
    You are right.This is very important, i am sorry i didn't mention it earlier. The Oil comes out murky and when its left to cool it becomes clear.
    The sweating to extract the Oil is followed by a period of coolness.
    I wonder also if there is a corresponding change in the "flinty rock" once it has cast off it's "oil?"
    yes there is

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    yes there is
    What (color specifically, but other characteristics as well) changes did you observe with your 'flinty rock' after the oil was leeched from it?

Thanks Kibric for the good info. Now that I'm closer to my property I'm planning on running some long, slow experiments to test some things I've seen with other matters in the plant kingdom. Will definitely be keeping my eye out for certain rocks to try.

With plant matter I leave the leaves whole, but with a rocky substance I might smash it up a bit first. Them hot summer days seem to do a great many things to stuff in glass bottles, and I'll be able to keep them undisturbed and watch them closer now.

Blog Entries
    Schmuldvich? Is the flinty rock/lead of the philosophers also the caput mortuum of the first rotation?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Schmuldvich? Is the flinty rock/lead of the philosophers also the caput mortuum of the first rotation?
    YES!!! Although being more specific I would call it the pre-caput mortuum because caput mortuum refers to a truly dead Earth that has released all its spirit.

+ Reply to Thread