Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Fountain of Youth

Blog Entries

The Fountain of Youth

I am completely determined to find The Fountain of Youth. It is my belief from experience that all mythical substances (Plants, Elixirs, Salt of lunaria) and artefacts,
    that are supposed to grant the same effects of physical immortality and rejuvenation must share something in common.
    In order to enact these effects in the human body the mechanism/reaction that causes it to happen could only be triggered by a finite number of things,
    as the human body doesn't constantly change around what elements it needs to survive.
    Pinpointing what causes physical rejuvenation in one mythical substance or artefact would give us a window into how all the others were able to accomplish the same feat.

Below is a invaluable investigation into The Fountain of Youth i chanced across and was overwhelmed by the detail.
    If Awani is reading this the author of the book would be a fantastic guest on your podcast.
    According to the shipwreck survivor Ernando Fontaneda, a story existed among the early Florida natives that revealed how a family tribe, living just north of Cuba near or at a place called "Beniny" or "Bimini", used the healing powers of a nearby fountain to live longer lives. Although an island called Bimini now exist in the western Bahamas, the upper Florida Keys and Florida Bay area may have once provided the necessary resources for such a unique place of life extending elements.
    http://03a9ef9.netsolhost.com/LFstory/westward.htm
    Contents
    http://03a9ef9.netsolhost.com/LFstory/coverpge.htm

David cockface Copperfield's claim
    “We are not really sure yet about the Fountain of Youth, but we found this liquid that in its simple stages can actually do miraculous things -- brown leaves turn green. It is natural. Simple organisms that are near death are rejuvenated. So we don’t know about the effects on humans, but we are doing research and development. We still have no concrete evidence on its effect on humans, but we’re working on it. I want to get it all right before I take it onto the next step. That is on one of the islands. Another island is the resort available for charter. People can rent the whole island for 24 people at once. It is really spectacular.
    https://lasvegassun.com/vegasdeluxe/...ibbean-hideaw/

Has anyone here been struck by the same passion to explain this legend ?
    These myths remain myths to some but to me they were always science masquerading as magic.

In Celtic mythology these springs or wells are always found in the otherworld. In the tales usually these otherworlds are found by a ship going off course and finding this island on which everyone is youthful and happy. The other way they find these streams wells is by being guided by an otherwordly persons. Same goes for fruits, plants, berry's, nuts if eaten will give you eternal youth, these foods are always to be found growing in the otherworld or some phantom island.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    In Celtic mythology these springs or wells are always found in the otherworld. In the tales usually these otherworlds are found by a ship going off course and finding this island on which everyone is youthful and happy. The other way they find these streams wells is by being guided by an otherwordly persons. Same goes for fruits, plants, berry's, nuts if eaten will give you eternal youth, these foods are always to be found growing in the otherworld or some phantom island.
    All this reminds me quite a lot of my all-time-favored TV show, Lost (with "The Island"). Have you seen it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    If Awani is reading this the author of the book would be a fantastic guest on your podcast.
    I appreciate your suggestion, but sadly if I don't feel an interest I usually don't do any work. I don't think you can find the immaterial in the material world. That is why people have never found the Holy Grail... because it is not a real object. However it does not mean it is NOT real. People just look in the wrong place, for example you don't find your dreams in the garage... you find them in your bed, asleep.

However on the flip side, yes perhaps The Fountain of Youth can be found, and maybe you will find it... but the conundrum for me in this case is why? My body is a car... when the car breaks down I buy a new one. Or when I get bored I get a new car... why would I want the same body for eternity? That would be like walking around with iPhone 4 in 2018... totally inappropriate.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    That would be like walking around with iPhone 4 in 2018... totally inappropriate.
    I am still very happy with my old Nokia 6021. Totally appropriate... for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    All this reminds me quite a lot of my all-time-favored TV show, Lost (with "The Island"). Have you seen it?
    Lost was really cool until season 3. Then the showmakers seemed to lose direction where they wanted to go.

I seem to recall the name of that TV show but I don't recall ever watching it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    Lost was really cool until season 3. Then the showmakers seemed to lose direction where they wanted to go.
    Or maybe they found a better direction

Either way, the last season (6) answers many questions and especially unveils (to a certain extent) the mystery of 'The Island' and its 'Fountain of Youth'.

Blog Entries
    The Fountain of Youth can be found, and maybe you will find it... but the conundrum for me in this case is why?
    Knowledge, there's no real plan other than to study it and learn. A agenda for its use would just pollute and compromise the investigation.
    why would I want the same body for eternity?
    Why do i have to change it ?. If it aint broke...
    That would be like walking around with iPhone 4 in 2018... totally inappropriate.
    I do feel out of place

Or maybe they found a better direction

Either way, the last season (6) answers many questions and especially unveils (to a certain extent) the mystery of 'The Island' and its 'Fountain of Youth'.
    I just found out in my research of The Map, that James in english is meaning Jacob. Together with Jake and Jacob (no kidding) James is one of the three main characters in charge of the island.

+ Reply to Thread