Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The loss of the philosophy of a golden age.

The loss of the philosophy of a golden age.

I was thinking how sad it is that people no longer believe in the golden age what a loss this kind of thinking is and its psychological effect on the mind of Man.

All the ancients believed in a golden age. This golden age was ended by a cataclysm of some kind in the minds of these people such as a great deluge. There was talk of a antediluvian Science that was lost, Freemasons speak about this in their rites.

It is not that long ago that people stopped believing in this golden age, sir Isaac Newton was said to have believed in its existence. He thought there was ancient scientific secrets awaiting someone who could decode the architecture of the temple of Solomon, was probably a mason.

True or not what is the physiological effect on the mind of Man if you tell him he is living in a degenerate state. That there was once a great civilisation on Earth with a superior wisdom of Science, philosophy, technology and spiritualism.

Would the effect not be to kindle in him the desire to return to this golden age, to recreate it?

What do people reach for today instead. To many the future is a dark place, not one of hope...why bother, just live for today is the message.

They are not wrong about this impending doom either, your blind if you cant see where we are headed and your stupid if you think this is all happening by chance, that there is no hidden hand back of it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    I was thinking how sad it is that people no longer believe in the golden age...
    It is happening right now actually. We simply cannot see the forest for the trees. Unless Trump and Putin sets the world on fire... or perhaps that is what we all deserve for allowing leaders to decide our fate.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    It is happening right now actually. We simply cannot see the forest for the trees. Unless Trump and Putin sets the world on fire... or perhaps that is what we all deserve for allowing leaders to decide our fate.

I guess it depends where you are, looking at my neighbourhood its hard to believe we are headed into a golden age. If I lived out in the countryside I might be able to fantasise that all is well but living in the city you can see where the train is headed.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    I guess it depends where you are, looking at my neighbourhood its hard to believe we are headed into a golden age. If I lived out in the countryside I might be able to fantasise that all is well but living in the city you can see where the train is headed.
    The Golden Age is global. IMO.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

If that was a true Golden Age today, then man could live indefinitely long time and there would be no "genetic" defects (there were no ugly people in the Golden Age, including the ugliness of old age). Earth, Air, Fire, Water would be free from taint, etc.

I can agree that we might soon see mini-Golden Era of this Epoch, but still it can't be compared to the good old times

Blog Entries
    How can you possibly know about what people looked like in those days?

How do you define beauty and ugly?

How do you define Golden Age?

A Golden Age, in my opinion, has nothing to do with looks or how old you live and such egotistical aspects. A Golden Age is an Age that has peace, knowledge, freedom, love and orgasms... and a greater connection and embrace with the Mystery. In the life of a human, when a child takes all the nostalgia and love of the childhood, all the pain and puberty and intellectual birth of the teens... and then at 25 becomes the "man" (in my case). That would be the beginning of the Golden Age on a microcosmic level. Same for this planet in my opinion.

There is also one aspect we have to keep in mind. A Dark Age always follows a Golden Age... and a Dark Age always preceds it. Just like the waves in the ocean rise and fall. Personally Golden Age or not Golden Age... what does it matter to the person who can surf... dude.

Blog Entries
    A Golden Age, in my opinion, has nothing to do with looks or how old you live and such egotistical aspects. A Golden Age is an Age that has peace, knowledge, freedom, love and orgasms... and a greater connection and embrace with the Mystery.
    I would also include respect for the natural world and Mother Earth.

Right now I think youíre right, Awani. The Golden Age is beginning microcosmically. Everyone on this forum is participating in their individual Golden Age in one way or another, according to your definition.

For a Macrocosmic Golden Age to appear, I think there is a need for reconstructing the systems governing human behavior. How we use technology being a big one. Another is how we educate the future generations.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Unless you have an independently working power generator working in your garden and you buy all your food and clothes from regional and trusted sources and don't use any modern electric devices that contain noble or rare earth metals gathered under very bad conditions concerning pollution of nature and human health, we all are part of this system. And as most people know that, the view into the future can't be a really optimistic one and is a manifestation of a guilty concience, as everybody would need to change all of the small componets of life. It would really be a labour of hercules surviving this strict way nowadays.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    an independently working power generator working in your garden and you buy all your food and clothes from regional and trusted sources and don't use any modern electric devices.
    It's challenging, but perhaps not utterly impossible. The key (IMO) is to do it "microcosmically", at least for starters.

We actually did a Natural Born Alchemist podcast episode on/around this topic: The Hyperopia of Utopia.

Also see this thread: The LAB.

+ Reply to Thread