Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What's your IQ?

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

What's your IQ?

Lets have a bit of fun... lets all post a different IQ test website and our results!

Did you know that your IQ has to be between 132 - 147 in order to qualify for membership to MENSA?

Dont know what MENSA is?

Best to google that shit right now. Could open the right doors for the right person.

Keep it classy
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    https://geniustests.com/result/201373

This one was hard and i think really replicates the MENSA test because it only has 12 minutes to finish 60 questions which is quite similar to the actual MENSA test.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    https://geniustests.com/result/201373

This one was hard and i think really replicates the MENSA test because it only has 12 minutes to finish 60 questions which is quite similar to the actual MENSA test.
    Edit: Oh i forgot i got in the 74th percentile. I could really do much better i made some careless errors and didnt work fast enough.

Edit: Oh i forgot i got in the 74th percentile. I could really do much better i made some careless errors and didnt work fast enough.
    Do you remember what the Master Alchemists from the past
    have written .....

Something about "The Wise of this world will never become
    Alchemists".

It might be better if you try to get the lowest score.

Blog Entries
    Haha. I can see your point.

IQ (Intelligence quotient) is (IMO) a measure of how good your... wait for it.. *drum roll*... Patten Recogition is first and formost; however to get the highest scores also requires a decent amount of common knowledge and quick processing abilities since the real test is timed. And i mean seriously.... you have on average about 25 seconds a question and some of these are really quite brain teasers.

You are only permitted to sit the MENSA test once in your life. Thats it. Never again. You can however apply for MENSA using official accredited IQ tests even if you fail the first real MENSA test or even before you attempt it.

MENSA is basically the greatest braging rights amoungst "intellectuals" because your offically one of the worlds smartest people.

I personally look at it as a potential to meet very smart people and perhaps to be recognised and meet the right person to grow in my career.

EDIT: I should add that i dont believe that IQ tests are a measure of peoples inteligence. Just a few aspects of inteligence such as patten recognition ect..

!!MENSA!!

Sounds a lot like joining the Masons .... to meet the right people to further a career.

You might be selling yourself short .... I think your better than that.

Just out of interest what type of career are you looking at ?

Blog Entries
    Did you know that your IQ has to be between 132 - 147 in order to qualify for membership to MENSA?
    MENSA has too low IQ requirements for me.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

ďI donít want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members.Ē Groucho Marx

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    “I don’t want to belong to any club that would accept me as one of its members.” Groucho Marx
    Gotta back Aham on this one.

First, the link doesn't go to anything resembling any IQ test I've ever taken, and it's incredibly biased. The point of an IQ test is to remove as much required "gained knowledge" (i.e. schooling) as possible while sorting an individual's ability to solve relatively simple puzzles. You don't need to know English grammar to take one (I stopped on that question, even though the moment "order of operations" in mathematics became a requirement, I was losing interest).

I also don't agree with the idea that such a test could really qualify someone as a "genius," as true genius involves a creative side. It's not just wit and a sharp mind, but the ability to create that separates Descartes, Devinci, Newton, Maxwell, Einstein, Hawking, and a host of others from the usual crowd. Hawking conceptualized a non-existent particle and from it extracted a method for measuring radiation emitted from black holes. Einstein took a "problem" with "modern physics" and realized it in a different light, accepting it rather than trying to reject it, he also made great strides in our understanding of how light and matter interact (the photoelectric effect). Maxwell reduced all of electricity and magnetism into four elegant equations (that likewise predicted a constant speed of light). You guys are probably more familiar with DeVinci than I (including how to spell his name, minus some genius points for me on that one), but I'm sure the creativity in all his works is more than obvious, and needs no further explanation.

Quick, sharp thinking -> "smart person." The old version of the word "Calculator" might be appropriate.
    Creativity -> "Artists"
    Persistence -> "Hard Worker"
    Questioning the nature of Reality -> "Philosopher"

I believe that true genius involves all of these, or a related list more well thought out than my 2 minutes of invested time. They're like for four elements of genius, hehe. No single test can confirm or deny that.

Blog Entries
    Done a few IQ tests before, and they take a long time to do so I googled a "quick IQ test". Found one that only had 10 questions. Answered them. They asked for email, wrote email. Got email... only 8 bucks to see the result.

What the fuck?

I thought it was an IQ test, how stupid do they think I am?

Guess I passed.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread