Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Practical Work: Testing Golden R+C Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    And who might this "everyone" be?

Sorry about that Andro, just been reading a lot about collection of Nitrogen compounds from the air as "the water that does not wet the hand." Merelle makes the connection directly between collection of the Salt and the Mutus Libre imagery in his book "Mysteries of Alchemy," and the focus on this salt is the subject of much of the vinegar solvent to act on metals, from what I've read on the matter. Seemed like a popular theme to me, "everyone" was a poor wording choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    Sorry about that Andro, just been reading a lot about collection of Nitrogen compounds from the air as "the water that does not wet the hand." Merelle makes the connection directly between collection of the Salt and the Mutus Libre imagery in his book "Mysteries of Alchemy," and the focus on this salt is the subject of much of the vinegar solvent to act on metals, from what I've read on the matter. Seemed like a popular theme to me, "everyone" was a poor wording choice.
    Not just Merelle, Canseliet too gives similar interpretations in his comments about the Mutus Liber.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    It would certainly seem that he's speaking of dew, so perhaps this device is intended to catch nitrogen compounds and dry them, as everyone suspects. Was this author in possession of the stone? Are there accounts other than his own of transmutation?
    It doesn't make sense at all to "catch and dry nitrogen compounds." Those compounds that are available in the air aren't wet but either gaseous or soluted in the humidity of the air. In any case gaseous matter would never solidify in a setup like this and soluted compounds first need to be catched in water. Nothing like that could be observed by me, which leads to the following conclusions for now:

1. The instructions are nonsense.
    2. It somehow depends on the material (white sheet, lead) I did not use.
    3. As Andro pointed out, there is something hidden or missing.
    4. I made a mistake that I'm not aware of yet.

Feel free to vote or add other possibilities.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post

I vote for this one.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

The above. And get ready to have to face such dead-ends over and over during the course of your investigations. Alchemy and transmutational chymistry are veritable minefields of such false operations; blind alleys that lead nowhere. And it was all done 100% on purpose to make it very difficult for most seekers to get at the processes that do work.

i agree with andro

I vote for this one.

Perhaps hidden or missing from the way we view things ?

I believe that the correct theory is being portrayed here, but we may
    have to look a bit deeper to recognize the battle of the Elements and
    the Alchemic process that is very openly shown in the Bacstrom
    Apparatus.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Perhaps hidden or missing from the way we view things ?

There are elements missing from this one as well. I've already pointed this out elsewhere.

What's curious to me is that 'Hermetic Recreations' (the only text in the "trilogy" that mentions a "device") talks about pointing the device North, and this text says to point it East

Blog Entries
    I’ve always found it interesting that people talk about the directions in a 2 dimensional way. Basically a square on paper.

Aryeh Kaplan writes that the ‘sword of God’ has 16 points (I’m paraphrasing, can’t remember it exactly). 4 directions x 4 dimensions.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

2. It somehow depends on the material (white sheet, lead) I did not use.

Whatever the case may be, it's good that someone is doing this publicly and putting it out there for group input. Did you find anything at all settled in the funnel? That to me is a curiosity of it's own, regardless of the rest of the setup. Philosophers were tricksters, but there may be some nuggets of wisdom hidden here and there.

I wasn't expecting much, but while not doing the experiment for myself, it's hard to say. I don't know everything that is possible. I'm sure someone out there might think that publicly divulging an experiment would influence the outcome, but I don't believe that. When I read the details you posted, I couldn't help but think it was an attempt at a clever metaphor. I see this often in the writings, and when I find something that simply doesn't look right (usually in the recipes) then I pour over those explainations again and again to figure out what the allusion was.

+ Reply to Thread