Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alchemy, Shamanism and the Quest for the Holy Grail

Blog Entries

Alchemy, Shamanism and the Quest for the Holy Grail

I have been invited to speak at a psychedelic conference. You know in a rock concert you have an opening act, then the real opening act and then the headliner. My invitation is in the position of the opening act of the opening act, so I am certainly not a key note speaker. However after my apperance I will be in the future. LOL.

Regardless my "speech" is called:

Alchemy, Shamanism and the Quest for the Holy Grail

If some questions arise during the writing process I might post those here.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    I have been invited to speak at a psychedelic conference.
    If some questions arise during the writing process I might post those here.
    Will you be speaking while reading from the paper?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Will you be speaking while reading from the paper?
    No, just need to write a script that I will commit to memory. Some major figures in the psychedelic community will attend, so I need to come prepared... or I'll appear as a rambling loon.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Some major figures in the psychedelic community will attend, so I need to come prepared... or I'll appear as a rambling loon.
    Unless the major figures are also "rambling loons", in which case you'll fit right in

I myself am almost always in "rambling loon" mode, and yet it somehow works out

(By "rambling loon" I mean the right kind of "rambling loon", and I have no doubt you can pull it off effortlessly )

What I'm basically saying here is that I think you have a lot of awesome value to contribute from your direct experience, and maybe some bullet points can help, but perhaps it's better to let the flow/magic take over... ?

Without notes and practice, I can turn any 5 minute speech into a 2 hour lecture.

Blog Entries
    ...but perhaps it's better to let the flow/magic take over...
    Well you can always improvise stuff, but the foundation has to be solid. There will be chemists, anthropologists and other phd people there. I can't grab stuff out of thin air... I have to know all sources and "facts" by heart, and if I quote a Bible verse I have to be able to quote where it is etc etc.

None of these "major figures" are rambling loons, on the contrary they are quite academic. There is little room for direct experience. Don't forget that there is a large scientific psychedelic community out there that are doing a lot of research to make psychedelics legal, or in other words make it "medical". It is very important work, because if psychedelics become a mainstream option for treating depression, addiction and other kinds of psychological issues then we are going to see a new world. No doubt.

The research/studies show spectacular results, and if I was Big Pharma I would be worried.

http://www.maps.org

...to contribute from your direct experience...
    They would not be interested in this... we are talking about psychedelic research... and I guess what I will present is going to be the most mumbo-jumbo presentation of them all. LOL.

Blog Entries
    Well, if it's for the academia, then you gotta play ball(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    Without notes and practice, I can turn any 5 minute speech into a 2 hour lecture.
    You must be a politician.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    You must be a politician.
    Lol, no, I just ramble a lot. If I'm speaking about something, it's easy for me to get excited about the topic and "drift." That's why notes are important

Closed Thread