Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Interesting Spagyric Tinctures

Interesting Spagyric Tinctures

Hello everyone,

It's been a bit dead around here for a bit, and I myself have been scattered so thin that I haven't had time to start setting up my new lab in the woods. Still have a couple things to fix, and some propane tanks to refill, and I'll be ready to start on the next batch of experiments.

Even though I'm swapping to a more "alchemical" series of investigations, I still love spagyrics. I was worn out the other day, and ran for my bottle of black pepper tincture, and the effects were awesome. My other favorite is Dead Nettle, which grows pretty much everywhere here in the states and I use when I need focus and concentration for the day ahead.

Just curious, what are some of your favorite tinctures? What effects have you noticed? Do you have a go-to? Either "salted" spagyric or basic tincture. I think it would be nice to have a thread about some easy medicines that help in various arenas, so no secret shit. If something is more complicated than the basic tincture, calcine, recombine, then please drop a recipe of some sort.

Let's make this a thread for your favorite "simple" medicines. I know EM probably has some good ones, though I haven't tried the oil of egg yet (I don't like ether).

Here are my current favorites, which work well as a tincture or with added salts...

Dead Nettle - Focus and concentration
    Mullein - General calming effect and decreases my appetite for smoking
    Black Pepper - For pep
    Tincture of Piperine (from black pepper) - same as above but x10
    Plantain - Calming/Sedative. Meditation aide.

Blog Entries
    I don't have any favourites from practical work but for interesting tinctures you could try altering what the root of the plant takes in.
    Depending on what minerals were abundant within the soil and what concentrations of them would directly affect the biology of the plant.
    If some plants decided to grow only on the side of some cliffs, what minerals are in the rock.

You could create any combination and concentration of certain minerals and they're affect on different plants.
    Using a ground powder of your mineral as a base then putting soil on top, planting a seed or plant or mix your mineral into the soil in different amounts.
    I would really recommend branching out into Taoist herbology and plants native to the Zhongnan mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    I don't have any favourites from practical work but for interesting tinctures you could try altering what the root of the plant takes in.
    Depending on what minerals were abundant within the soil and what concentrations of them would directly affect the biology of the plant.
    If some plants decided to grow only on the side of some cliffs, what minerals are in the rock.

You could create any combination and concentration of certain minerals and they're affect on different plants.
    Using a ground powder of your mineral as a base then putting soil on top, planting a seed or plant or mix your mineral into the soil in different amounts.
    I would really recommend branching out into Taoist herbology and plants native to the Zhongnan mountains.
    Interesting idea. There are a few plants I have found in my searching that will actually collect and store silver and gold if they are present in the soil. I can't think of any particulars at the moment, but searching for the chemical compositions eventually leads to a quite exhaustive list of minerals leftover in the ashes of various incinerated plants.

I wonder if perhaps those that take up gold have some natural version of the Solvent being secreted from their roots...hmmm.

Stinging Nettle Tincture for allergies such as hay fever
    Frankincense and/or Tumeric tinctures for anti-inflammatory issues such as arthritis.

Plantain is on my to do list

Blog Entries
    Do all your friends a favour and make one from rosemary.

It wipes the flu right out (if used early)

A tumeric and black pepper mix is also extremely handy for anything inflammatory related (gallstones, arthritis ect.)

Additional: i dont have any spagyrics left (i got robbed of all my spagyrics believe it or not) but if i had a "go to" it would be mint. Mint yeilds its extracts very readily so its a good point of call for a beginner and has plenty of respective benefits.
    Last edited by elixirmixer; 08-01-2018 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Trying not to desimate english further still...
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

+ Reply to Thread