Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Do you know what you are looking for?

Do you know what you are looking for?

Its a simple question, do you actually know what you are looking for?

If you answer the philosophers stone, do you actually know what that is (in detail) or is it a kinda vague idea of what it might be?

How can you hope to find something if you really dont know what you are looking for?

What are you looking for and how do you hope to find it?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Luxus View Post
    It's a simple question, do you actually know what you are looking for?

If you answer the philosopher's stone, do you actually know what that is (in detail) or is it a kinda vague idea of what it might be?

How can you hope to find something if you really don't know what you are looking for?

What are you looking for and how do you hope to find it?
    Perhaps you could start by answering this question yourself, to get this thread going?

Like you said, "it's a simple question", so by all means, you're welcome to answer it first and lead by example!

Blog Entries
    ...do you actually know what you are looking for?
    I don't think I have ever looked for something apart from the Holy Grail. And since the Grail is a symbol, archetype or even a manifestation of things that are clearly not in physical form then it can never physically be found. So the search is, for me, internal... and I am not sure any external search for anything is healthy, because wherever you go you have to bring yourself along.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Perhaps you could start by answering this question yourself, to get this thread going?

Like you said, "it's a simple question", so by all means, you're welcome to answer it first and lead by example!
    That would kill it though lol

Blog Entries
    That would kill it though lol
    Why don't we find out?

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    I don't think I have ever looked for something apart from the Holy Grail. And since the Grail is a symbol, archetype or even a manifestation of things that are clearly not in physical form then it can never physically be found. So the search is, for me, internal... and I am not sure any external search for anything is healthy, because wherever you go you have to bring yourself along.

The grail

http://www.obsidianmagazine.com/Page...dronpoesy.html

For me, it is sufficient in spite of finding a universal medicine.
    A substance that is so pure and effective, that is capable of treating any disease.
    I always keep in mind the story of when the lepers, just by touching the Jesus's tunic , were cured of their ailments. That is a good parable of the philosophical stone.

What else could a person pretend then to possess this medicine? Money...? Inmortality…? Not me…

“Look at the birds that fly through the air, that do not sow or harvest, nor keep the harvest in barns; however, the Father of you who is in heaven feeds them…”

I want that medicine, and the vocation to help other people who need it. Neither more, not less ... The rest, will come in addition, in time...

And yes, I am looking for that primordial substance that creates everything that exists, although I must download it from the hands of the creator himself. I hope that he offers it to me at some point ...

I think that in this forum, there are some of the answers I'm looking for, by now. I just need to find them.

greetings to all.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post
    I am looking for that primordial substance that creates everything that exists, although I must download it from the hands of the creator himself. I hope that he offers it to me at some point
    He wont offer it to you, you must find it yourself and before you can find it you must know where to find it and before you can know where to find it you must know what it is you are looking for, in detail, in the highest detail.

Blog Entries
    I can't really say I'm "looking", it's more like I'm making myself ready (for "it"/"me"?) to find me

And in the meantime, I'm just messing/tinkering with stuff

He wont offer it to you, you must find it yourself and before you can find it you must know where to find it and before you can know where to find it you must know what it is you are looking for, in detail, in the highest detail.
    Yes, of course... I'm making myself ready (thanks Andro), but I am receptive to the signs, and some little "help from above"... (i'm traying to be ready for this, too)

+ Reply to Thread