Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New Book: Philosophical Preparation of Cannabis Sativa

z0 K, what other books are you in the process of writing?

Have any of your recent experiments advanced to a pleasing stage yet?

I always enjoy reading about your work with this plant and support further research in this realm.

Hoping your book was a success, and bumping this back up in case anyone missed this thread the first time. I know some new members might be interested in what you have to share.

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the bump. Totally forgot to provided this link in this thread: Episode 188: quintessence of cannabis

In this episode my guest is author Noah Fence and we are discussing his book Philosophical Preparation of Cannabis Sativa: Quintessence of the Great Cain.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    yes. I am about to start my first 4 plants indoors (had 3 outdoor this summer, finished up inside with the new equipment).

Right now I'm trying to settle on a soil recipe. I don't know how much of that is applicable around here, but it of course affects the finished result. Same with nutrients. I see there are complete systems available online to be diluted with water..and they seem cost effective, but I want to figure that out myself, at least until I'm tired of doing it. Same with water in general - distilled. Probably much less hassle to buy it, but I'd probably like to do it at least once myself, especially if I can DIY it instead of buying much equipment - unless it would also be useful in extractions.

I'm not really worried about information about increasing yields, per say. Just the sourcing what I figured I am going to try.

The goal is eventually to develop a "surplus" from which to begin experimenting with extractions. I've made oil with isophropyl before, evaporating it on a saucer over top of a desklamp turned upside down. I have a friend who makes bubble hash with ice/microfilter bags. But shatter, budder, all that stuff I haven't even smoked before. I'm not looking for the majorist high. In fact, I usually just smoke what would be considered shake with a bit of bud thrown in. A whole joint rolled from bud is just a waste. So while I wouldn't buy those things, I would make them just for a treat, and to test effects.

I plan on keeping careful records. I'm going to take a look at the link at the top of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Thanks for the bump. Totally forgot to provided this link in this thread: Episode 188: quintessence of cannabis

In this episode my guest is author Noah Fence and we are discussing his book Philosophical Preparation of Cannabis Sativa: Quintessence of the Great Cain.

This is the first Natural Born Alchemist podcast and one of maybe 10 podcasts in my life I've ever listened to. I have also taken the time to listen to your podcast episode with Andro discussing OBE. It's nothing I actively partake in, but for what it's worth, I would enjoy listening to another podcast of Andro explaining the astral realm and you and your logical mind prodding a bit more. Overall excellent podcast you have going here if your other episodes are up to par which I'm sure they are!

Quote Originally Posted by vigilance View Post
    yes. I am about to start my first 4 plants indoors (had 3 outdoor this summer, finished up inside with the new equipment).

Right now I'm trying to settle on a soil recipe. I don't know how much of that is applicable around here, but it of course affects the finished result. Same with nutrients. I see there are complete systems available online to be diluted with water..and they seem cost effective, but I want to figure that out myself, at least until I'm tired of doing it. Same with water in general - distilled. Probably much less hassle to buy it, but I'd probably like to do it at least once myself, especially if I can DIY it instead of buying much equipment - unless it would also be useful in extractions.

I'm not really worried about information about increasing yields, per say. Just the sourcing what I figured I am going to try.

The goal is eventually to develop a "surplus" from which to begin experimenting with extractions. I've made oil with isophropyl before, evaporating it on a saucer over top of a desklamp turned upside down. I have a friend who makes bubble hash with ice/microfilter bags. But shatter, budder, all that stuff I haven't even smoked before. I'm not looking for the majorist high. In fact, I usually just smoke what would be considered shake with a bit of bud thrown in. A whole joint rolled from bud is just a waste. So while I wouldn't buy those things, I would make them just for a treat, and to test effects.

I plan on keeping careful records. I'm going to take a look at the link at the top of the thread.
    Very awesome, vigilance!

It's all about N, P, K

Manually working out your ppm and introducing these nutrients into your watering system yourself is the way to go (if you are experienced or looking to get experienced). Indoor soil produces a nice end product, although do be mindful of bugs and pests during your grow if you go this route. I have heard of tremendously successful grows using "compost tea" but lack experience myself. Indoor hydroponic or DWC is where it's at. I don't have firsthand experience with the latter but have tons of secondhand exposure to considerably impressive end results learning from and observing a master at work in his realm.

Cloning is when it gets fun. Once you get your mother healthy and up to par you're all set!

Moreso than cloning, since you're going to be sticking with this a long time it seems and are an incredible data aggregator, I encourage you to hone in and dial in everything (metaphorically) airtight so that your can produce replicable results. If you keep logs of each grow and only work with a single strain, you will be rewarded with getting everything just right for your particular environment and will end up producing remarkable product in time.

Btw smoking pure THC (underwhelming and lacking btw, it feels like it's lacking something; that something it's lacking being the synergistic effects and interactions between all the different CBD's and THC's), differs from smoking concentrate/wax/oil/shatter/budder, which differs from smoking live resin (*drool!* this is where it's at, get your hands on some! 10/10 incredible), which differs from smoking hash, which differs from smoking fresh kief, which differs from smoking flower. It's all different, and all of these products have their place and time.

Here is an article from Lynn Osbourne (no offense ) that may potentially interest you (he and his wife had a website online at one point in time but I cannot seem to be able to find it)
    http://www.rexresearch.com/ALCHEMYAR...htm/osborn.htm
    This too
    https://ratical.org/renewables/hempseed1.html
    https://ratical.org/renewables/hempseed2.html
    And this
    https://www.amazon.com/Green-Gold-Tr.../dp/0962987220

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    This is the first Natural Born Alchemist podcast and one of maybe 10 podcasts in my life I've ever listened to. I have also taken the time to listen to your podcast episode with Andro discussing OBE. It's nothing I actively partake in, but for what it's worth, I would enjoy listening to another podcast of Andro explaining the astral realm and you and your logical mind prodding a bit more. Overall excellent podcast you have going here if your other episodes are up to par which I'm sure they are!
    the tl;dr: same. I think maybe Ricky Gervais.. but that may have been the one turned into a show to watch. I don't really do youtube videos either. It's the pacing. I prefer text where I can move at my speed. But because you said, I will. I just don't know when.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    It's all about N, P, K
    Its like messing around with greek and hebrew. I start having things in memory, and soon as I stop for a bit it's gone. I've done reading on what I am supposed to give when.. never quite writing anything down and deciding on a plan, and then its gone and I start over. For instance, I always go back to thinking nitrogen is for flowering. I'm planning on coco coir, worm castings, they said "compost" and I think vermeculite. I have coco, worm already. I have sheep,cow, compost, compost manure? I mean, is there a difference? I dunno. and chicken pellets. Left over from the garden. so it's properly "not hot" or whatever already as well. I saw my friend yesterday. (my stuff is not ready for a while and I had stupidly forgotten to MOM some.. spin spin).. I was mentioning the recipe and he was saying to not trust the compost/manure.. because it's not "all that".. yuo can grow straight in it. I guess what he was saying is that it's not like its gonna burn it or anything, that it didnt have much kick fertiziler wise.. Well that's not what I'm looking for.. I want to control what I'm adding for that. I don't want to go hydroponic though either. I like it grow in the soil. My first regular weed were those pucks from jamaica. Yuo'd break it up and it would shine like gold in the sun. People talk a lot of crap about that stuff though.. but it mustn't be the same we got here. Because we also had all that sticky icky rave/skater weed too. But I just like the seis just fine.

I was looking to get Pro-Mix BX.. basic soil,no fertiziler, coco coir, some sheep or cow or chicken or a mix of mix of that. skip the vermucilute or perlite or whichever the once it is. Unless it's RIGHT THERE with the pro-mix. There is Pro-Mix HP, high porisity, the difference being it also contains vermucilute and perlite. The questions don't really matter, because it is never in stock for whatever reason, but the BX is. If I used the HP, I dunno if that affects using the coco coir or not... if with HP I should just mix in some compost and worm castings. I dunno about all that myp.. mycr whatever stuff for roots and that.. I think I wasn't going t worry about that this time?

My seeds are autoflowers. For the ones I had outside, I did the paper towel way that they say you must for the guarantee, it worked.. they all had popped (started 3 hoping for two), but I got off protocol and let them dry out. I was already way behind for outside, so I popped 3 more in just "whatever" garden soil, not really caring, and 2 sprouted. Thats the one I just harvested. yay me.

so yay me. I was out yesterday, was going to stop for some BX.. but we're red zone right now. My wife is high risk, we've never messed around with it. I couldn't believe the parking lot at the mall and the traffic. I seem to have subconsciously bailed on that.

So that's where I'm at. I have a bag of miracle gro potting soil that I was gonna try starting the seeds in, under a new white flourescent hood i just got. two or 3 weeks? little oscillating fan? But now i'm not so sure about the miracle gro. I was going to use 5gal pails.. But they are autoflowers, and they convinced me to go with 3gal (material, vivosun 3gal). And because they are autoflowers, now I'm not sure I shouldn't start in the final container. And moving them from miracle gro to my soil recipe? I'm reading that'll will waste a lot of growth time.

so my question is.. could I expect the same results in sprouting from seed in my soil recipe? should I make sure to start them with paper towel? I guess would be starting 3 of each hoping for 2. If they sprout, is my soil mix good enough for feed for awhile? Or it is too weak. I know you generally aren't supposed to add anything for awhile.

When and what to add? as you can see, I'm not really close to worrying about that. I really have to decide on something and get these seeds started. I'm off schedule. I thought they would be starting while the other finished. I have to move my tent to the finished part of the basement for this crop anyway. Luckily my window insert is still perfect. But doing that doesn't affect the seedling starting, it wasn't going to be in the tent.

I'll come back to the rest later.. i read that compost tea takes a while to brew though, right? that would be something for round 2 i think. I would add my friend is really not help with this because he guerilla grows in cornfields and doesn't really go visit them.

+ Reply to Thread