Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

Patrons of the Sacred Art

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: First Attempt at Dry Distillation

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    You should listen to those who have more experience in these matters and have already tried such things and know what works best.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Is that you, Awani?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    Is that you, Awani?
    That's JDP.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    That's JDP.

Me:

You:

That's JDP.

Ok. The guy on that picture looks funny. But I don't understand making fun about anyone giving a good advice. As far as I can see, when looking at his setup, DT could as well be seriously injured and in the worst case dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    Ok. The guy on that picture looks funny. But I don't understand making fun about anyone giving a good advice. As far as I can see, when looking at his setup, DT could as well be seriously injured and in the worst case dead.
    Indeed, if the heat had continued to damage the hose he could easily have had an accident with rapidly escaping gas being ignited outside the combustion chamber.

That's JDP.

Sometimes the Barbarian on steroids is right... !

It is also possible to use mud, straw and some clay.... it's the typical rural oven here. The blacksmiths in rural zones use them all the time and they will last for your lifetime.

Here's an tutorial about how to make one:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Buil...wn-Earth-Oven/

(though use google and you will find several alternatives). It may end up costing something close to $0 (unless you have to buy the clay, but it's not expensive anyway).

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post

It is also possible to use mud, straw and some clay.... it's the typical rural oven here. The blacksmiths in rural zones use them all the time and they will last for your lifetime.

Here's an tutorial about how to make one:
    http://www.instructables.com/id/Buil...wn-Earth-Oven/

(though use google and you will find several alternatives). It may end up costing something close to $0 (unless you have to buy the clay, but it's not expensive anyway).
    I plan on doing something like this. Life keeps getting in the way a little bit. Next week I'm planting my herb garden. I ordered some Melissa, basil, lavender, hyssop, and rosemary Built the planters this week.

Clay bricks and structures is one of those things that I never seem to be preoccupied with, even though it's something I would love to do. Maybe after the rains fall back for the summer.

Quote Originally Posted by JDP View Post
    Indeed, if the heat had continued to damage the hose he could easily have had an accident with rapidly escaping gas being ignited outside the combustion chamber.
    Was paranoid about this and checking the hose itself every ten minutes. Like I said, until I went full-blast, there was no apparent damage and it was cool enough to touch and hold. Just went a little over-budget on the gas when cranked all the way up. But you are right. If you aren't keeping an eye on things with a makeshift setup and don't identify possible danger points, things could have gone bad real quick. I kept envisioning a hose spouting fire. Saw a couple of propane tanks blow on an oil rig once. That's one fire I'm not putting out, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    Vat do yoo mean "sometimes"? I'm zie biggest man in zie vorld. Can yoo understand dis?! Vat do yoo tink about dat, yoo girlyman!

+ Reply to Thread