Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Enlightenment is not for you

Blog Entries

Enlightenment is not for you

Disclaimer: I do not claim to be enlightened by any stretch of the imagination.

We have a few threads on enlightenment, but I thought this should be on its own. Recently, and in the past, there has been some discussion on enlightenment. These discussions go from "how to get it", "what it is"... etc etc.

In the past year I have really achieved some deep personal wisdom, wisdom that is neither new nor spectacular... but that is, on a personal level, earth shattering.

And I want to point it out here, because this wisdom is VERY important when we discuss enlightenment.

In Buddhism we have this famous prayer:

Until I am enlightened, I take refuge
    In the Buddha, Dharma and Sangha.
    Through the merit I create by practicing giving and the other perfections
    May I attain enlightenment for the sake of all sentient beings.

I think there is one aspect in the enlightenment-debate that everyone lacks to see... or fail to mention... and it is this: It is not for you. It is not for I.

It is easier to show compassion if you are not highly depressed. In fact it is easier to cause harm to others if you feel depressed. An individual that is fully enlightened would be in the perfect position to spread compassion to all.

Enlightenment is not something one becomes. Enlightenment is not something that should benefit the self, it benefits everyone around you. Enlightenment is not a status, it is non-status... it is a un-becoming... so that others can achieve the same state... because in the realm of compassion resides love, and in the realm of such energies it is easier to achieve peace of mind. Because all existence is suffering.

When I was young I thought this was a cynical perspective. Now I know it is the opposite. When I cut my finger I can go: "ouch that fucking hurt, fuck... motherfucker... ouch..."

I can also react in this way: "oh I cut myself... that really hurts... the blood has a beautiful color... I know I am in pain... but my pain is so much less than someone elses pain... pain is always fleeting... and even if it is constant, it will end in death... etc"

I am getting off track.

In short: enlightenment should be achieved to serve others

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    I like this. It has caused deep thinking of my own. I believe you are on the path to something good with this line of thinking Awani.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

I will disagree here. You cannot expect to benefit others when you yourself are lost. I believe enlightenment IS a state of being but its hard to define when you are in such a state. It is a state which GREATLY benefits you and renders you capable of helping others, either by virtue of simply being in that state, or by actively working towards that goal.

I don't think there is a single religion which preaches total selflesness. For example, you will never see a religion that says "the just will suffer for all eternity so that others may be saved". There is always some type of personal reward, be it peace of mind, tranquility etc.

Now if there even is such a thing as losing your self by dissolving back into the Primordial Being, that is an entirely different discussion.

Blog Entries
    I don't think that was the point I made, IMO. More that when YOU achieve enlightenment it is to aid others... not yourself. And this is also the aim.

Also in the pursuit and action of compassion and help of others you might quicker also achieve enlightenment, in order to spread compassion. So it might also be a way to get there quicker. But yes as you say no one can EVER claim to be enlightened, because the very act of that claim instantly disqualify you from the enlightenment. IMO.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Regarding your other point about religion and selflesness.

Maybe they are all wrong. And maybe the state of the world is the proof.

There should not be a personal reward.

It should not be about you (self) ever. Total complete servitude to your fellow man, no exception. Not even to the people who killed your family.

What I am talking about here is HARDCORE. Not for the weak. Lol. Complete unconditional love require a powerful warrior. Such an individual is untouchable. Such an individual is a God. In fact there is no distinction between such a person and "god" at all. That is enlightenment.

Yes, such a person would be rewarded with peace... but such a person would not even be aware of the reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    What I am talking about here is HARDCORE. Not for the weak. Lol. Complete unconditional love require a powerful warrior. Such an individual is untouchable. Such an individual is a God. In fact there is no distinction between such a person and "god" at all. That is enlightenment.

Yes, such a person would be rewarded with peace... but such a person would not even be aware of the reward.

The strength to do nothing but serve, is not strength, it is slavery.
    A person who did nothing but totally sacrifice themselves, wouldn't be aware of the reward, because they wouldn't last long in the first place.
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

Blog Entries
    I would have agreed with that in the past. I do not anymore.

What I have "seen" does not connect with "slavery" at all. In fact it is liberation. It is difficult to accept if the ego has too much influence...

Blog Entries
    Hey man to be clear... I am discussing how to fly a 747 without a pilot license... just a current theory/model/path that I think is valid to investigate. Simply posting it in public.

Blog Entries
    Boo Booo Boooo . Any desire to achieve this state or benefit from it for others or yourself is something you have to let go of to achieve it.
    More that when YOU achieve enlightenment it is to aid others... not yourself. And this is also the aim.
    It is not to aid anyone even yourself. There is no aim it is aimless.
    It is unattainable for those who seek it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    Boo Booo Boooo . Any desire to achieve this state or benefit from it for others or yourself is something you have to let go of to achieve it.

It is not to aid anyone even yourself. There is no aim it is aimless.
    It is unattainable for those who seek it.
    I tend to concur.

It cannot have an agenda, regardless whether it's for "self" or for "others" - it's all equally "contaminated".

When ALL agendas are gone -> it's more likely to be realized by itself.

It's not something to seek, words cannot describe it, but the closest thing I can say is that it's a non-act of "surrender".

Simply letting go, FULLY, and just "relaxing" into it... the Rest will take care of itself

I've had very short glimpses of "it"... It can be quite scary if still holding on to stuff/agendas/theories of what it should be/etc... and I am (still) not able to fully let go and just RELAX into the Ocean

+ Reply to Thread