Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Enlightenment is not for you

Blog Entries
    - selflessness
    - non-greed
    - no status
    - try new things
    - love
    Even all those have to be let go of for the ego to vanish.
    Its not about a good character or a bad one, it is realising that there is no character.

This was a very good thread... meaning I think I finally understand what the problem is... why I do not feel amongst kin. I get it now...
    Either feelings of belonging or feelings of rejection are part of the ego and identity that must let go of to achieve enlightenment.

What a joke. LOL.
    What's 6 by 9 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    Even all those have to be let go of for the ego to vanish.
    Its not about a good character or a bad one, it is realising that there is no character.
    I think that a lot of delusions are created by modern mankind/civilization themselves. I keep getting a continuous decline in faith in humanity, because all its current history is full of deception and wars.

It seems that some random pieces of ancient knowledge were taken by the deceptive people in order to rule and command and also to make money.

I'd be extremely careful with the word "enlightenment", the more proper word in this case would probably be "liberation" or "emancipation" which has several grades, with former grade being liberation from illusions created by mankind.

And I'd be very careful with losing one's own real ego. I agree that there is false ego with which most people associate themselves with. But then there is true ego without which no world could be formed.

I also think that Alchemy speaks a lot about preservation of one's real ego. This life gives us unique opportunity to avoid real death. Because, as it seems based on ancient teachings and what alchemists say, death of physical body will be final death for ignorant man. Like total oblivion, absolute dissolution of one's real ego. Total opposition to immortality, eternal life, elixir of life, etc.

Also there is a huge trap laid by lazy mankind who doesn't want to look ignorant, so they make up some stories about enlightenment, losing ego, etc., not even noticing huge crocodiles of death crawling behind their back. Majority of people will die forever and they are like blind guides for each other and for those who seek life. "And if the blind leads the blind, both will fall into a ditch." Just replace word ditch with death and you get the picture.

Man should be afraid of death, because it will also be the real death of his real ego forever. I think it would be wrong to achieve such death while still alive by following destructive teachings of blind "enlightened" guides. When man awakens from animalistic sleep, the first thing he realizes is that death IS real and absolute and something must be done about it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    What a joke. LOL.

Blog Entries
    Jesus Christ, so funny to see everyone (seemingly) dance around the issue... but that's fine... there are hundreds of ways to kneel and kiss the ground (Rumi).

However for me...

May I attain enlightenment for the sake of all sentient beings.*

* plants are sentient too etc.

----------------------------------------------

Who knows if Buddha was real or if he achieved enlightenment... but I'd rather go with "his" model than the model of people who are in the business of making money/gold or medicine for themeselves. If you want advice on how to wash your car, you ask someone that does that job for a living.

I am not giving this advice: May I attain enlightenment for the sake of all sentient beings.

I am simply saying that I am taking this advice: May I attain enlightenment for the sake of all sentient beings.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Live your life that the fear of death can never enter your heart.

Trouble no one about his religion.

Respect others in their views and demand that they respect yours.

Love your life, perfect your life, beautify all things in your life.

Seek to make your life long and of service to your people.

Prepare a noble death song for the day when you go over the great divide.

Always give a word or sign of salute when meeting or passing a friend, or even a stranger, if in a lonely place.

Show respect to all people, but grovel to none.

When you rise in the morning, give thanks for the light, for your life, for your strength.

Give thanks for your food and for the joy of living.

If you see no reason to give thanks, the fault lies in yourself.

Touch not the poisonous firewater that makes wise ones turn to fools and robs their spirit of its vision.

When your time comes to die, be not like those whose hearts are filled with fear of death, so that when their time comes they weep and pray for a little more time to live their lives over again in a different way.

Sing your death song, and die like a hero going home. - Chief Tecumseh, Shawnee
    Word.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    people who are in the business of making money/gold or medicine for themselves.
    Personally, my interest in Alchemy is a natural continuation of the (shamanic) healing practice I've been doing for many ears now.

There is (to me) a distinct difference between being selfish and leading by example (i.e. by paying it forward). But here are numerous other ways to do this.

On airplanes, we are being instructed to put on our own oxygen masks first. If we can't breathe, we can't help others do the same.

"If you can't change the world, change yourself. And if you can't change yourself, change your world."
    - The The

+ Reply to Thread