Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Enlightenment is not for you

Blog Entries
    Simply letting go, FULLY, and just "relaxing" into it... the Rest will take care of itself
    The closest i can describe it, is when you are content just sitting in silence
    " Just be "
    I've had very short glimpses of "it"... It can be quite scary if still holding on to stuff/agendas/theories of what it should be/etc... and I am (still) not able to fully let go and just RELAX into the Ocean
    Preconceptions, identity , beliefs. All has to go.
    You recognise that your self who you are is an illusion. Like Plato's cave this life is a shadow on a wall.
    To let go fully you must be willing to accept that all your thoughts feelings ideas and personality are illusions.
    The mind craves an identity and until you let yours go the mind/ego cannot dissolve.

If mind is the vessel and water the thought that takes the shape of the vessel when poured into it.
    Enlightenment is getting rid of the vessel. Formless.
    Last edited by Kibric; 05-19-2018 at 10:00 AM.

Maybe it arrives like a sucker punch... unexpected.
    But you won't get a sucker punch if you were not looking for troubles (of course, this is a metaphor).

Maybe it is OK to have an agenda, it can be a stimulus or incentive, and then the agenda simply goes away.

A long time ago a doctor got confused and told me I had a terminal cancer and just a few months to live (I didn't even have a tumor, but he got confused). He also said that a treatment was pointless and I should better enjoy my last moments. I lived for several months convinced that each second could be the last one. All my friends who knew about the situation were certainly sad. I was not. It was more like feeling "OK, it's fine". They were the most "enlightened" months of my whole life (quite hard to return to that feeling, though it was not exactly a feeling... maybe a reaction). It was strange, I got VERY confused when after some months another doctor told me that I had absolutely nothing. The feeling vanished.

So maybe some things are not necessarily permanent and everything has its ups and downs.

I like this trigger:

I like this one 1,000 times more than the previous one:

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    . Like Plato's cave this life is a shadow on a wall.
    The man who got out of the cave willingly returned to the cave though... Getting out of the cave was not the "end" of his story for him, just the first half.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by zoas23 View Post
    The man who got out of the cave willingly returned to the cave though...

Why did he return to the cave?

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Why did he return to the cave?
    He thought that it made sense to try to explain the others what he had learnt... so getting out of the cave seemed to be "mission accomplished" in that parable, however it was not like that for this man.

Blog Entries
    There is actually one single (and very simple) "technique" that I am "practicing" (for lack of a better term).

It's not "for something", it is simply the best "non-practice" I have ever come across.

I could explain it "technically", but it would serve no purpose.

It's a sort of "ultimate" relaxation, so much that the very "pixels" (or "quanta") onto which reality is rendered are so "relaxed" that they are less densely "packed" and allow the UN-specified/formless/mystery to "slip though between the cracks".

"Piercing the Veil", so to speak.

Existing outside the Pixels, in the In-between. In-between spaces. In-between moments.

One does no longer "open a door", one IS the door.

One becomes non-localized in space and time, one no longer has an "address" (or an IP, for those who are more tech-inclined).

Everything just passes through.

It's not different (in principle) than Alchemy and Magic. But it is an "internal" occurrence.

I may elaborate more at another time, if there is any interest.

--------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Andro; 05-19-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Blog Entries
    It is not an agenda or something to achieve or benefit or anything...

BUT if you do "become" enlightened it is (should not) be for YOU yourself.

I thought this concept was easy to grasp (regardless if one agree or not), but seems to me everyone that disagree are disagreeing to something that has not been claimed.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    One does no longer "open a door", one IS the door. One becomes non-localized in space and time, one no longer has an "address" (or an IP, for those who are more tech-inclined).
    http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showt...7240#post57240 ?

There is interest in the elaboration!

Blog Entries
    In the last few years I have come to understand that the following concepts are impossible to even entertain for so called "alchemists":

- selflessness
    - non-greed
    - no status
    - try new things
    - love

This was a very good thread... meaning I think I finally understand what the problem is... why I do not feel amongst kin. I get it now...

What a joke. LOL.

Don’t let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    It is not an agenda or something to achieve or benefit or anything...
    enlightenment should be achieved to serve others
    So "serving others" doesn't qualify as an agenda? Or as a benefit to "others" (the recipients of the "service")?

BUT if you do "become" enlightened it is (should not) be for YOU yourself.
    The self\others dichotomy would (most likely) no longer apply in the sense we are familiar with. "All in all", etc...

I thought this concept was easy to grasp (regardless if one agree or not), but seems to me everyone that disagree are disagreeing to something that has not been claimed.
    What exactly has been debated/misunderstood that has NOT been claimed?
    Last edited by Andro; 05-19-2018 at 12:04 PM.

Blog Entries
    I hardly feel "amongst kin" either. I can do better

Not feeling "amongst kin", does this also apply to your wife and daughter?

In the last few years I have come to understand that the following concepts are impossible to even entertain for so called "alchemists":

- selflessness
    - non-greed
    - no status
    - try new things
    - love

This was a very good thread... meaning I think I finally understand what the problem is... why I do not feel amongst kin. I get it now...

What a joke. LOL.
    These are all possibly assumptions about people whom you know little about in a more personal/intimate way, except perhaps those who are openly into making gold for profit.

And maybe the "joke" is that you are in fact not so different from those you say are "misunderstanding" you? Maybe none of us is "special" or "different" - or we all are.

If you live what you say was misunderstood, perhaps you should ALWAYS feel "amongst kin"?

Quoth Roger Waters:

"I recognize myself in every stranger's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread