Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Astrology Game

Blog Entries
    I certainly understand that most of our myrhology is based on celestial events. Biblical stories also ect..

What literature must one read to understand why venus's mother was a whore of zeus ect and understand the underlying meaning of each sphere?

I get that libra is balance and venus is femininity; but WHY and who was the first to say it? What reasoning did they have?

OR! Is this something that is only EXPERIENCED through shamanic travel and the like...

Perhaps i should buy an astrology book. Any recommendations?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    One may use orbs of up to 8º when the luminaries (sun and moon) are involved, and still be OK.

For the rest, up to 3º is ideal IME, but we can stretch it to 5º and still be fine
    8º is a bit too much for me, specially if it's an event chart when checking if there is a void moon or not gets important... with an 8º I would say "void", but I know it's a tricky area. I prefer to stay "conservative" (I have to be conservative about something!).
    Other than that, 3º or 4º is fine... and sometimes stretching to 5º is OK too. Horoscopes are a bit more permissive than event charts.
    Anyway, I agree with your general opinion. i know that Astrology is a strong area for you.

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    I certainly understand that most of our myrhology is based on celestial events. Biblical stories also ect..
    What literature must one read to understand why venus's mother was a whore of zeus ect and understand the underlying meaning of each sphere?
    I get that libra is balance and venus is femininity; but WHY and who was the first to say it? What reasoning did they have?
    OR! Is this something that is only EXPERIENCED through shamanic travel and the like...

Ptolemy: Tetrabiblos

What you ask is quite related to the double aspect of the planets and, in this specific case, the two ruling signs of each.
    Aphrodite ruling in Libra is more like an isis... almost similar to a "virgin Mary" in Catholicism (not a big mystery that Mary was switched for Venus in many Renaissance paintings)
    Aphrodite ruling in Taurus is more related to earthly love, sensuality, exuberance.... "Whore"... don't moralize the planets!

And Zeus has also a double role... his childhood hidden from his father in a cave is more related to Jupiter ruling Pisces. The Zeus that gets heroic through a trickery is more related to Jupiter ruling Sagittarius.

Other than that, the ancient Greek religion is quite strange... a Sun based religion is easy to find, a Moon based religion is easy to find too... but a religion where Jupiter is the great ruler, that's a bit odd. A Greek oddity.

When it comes to the birth of the myths, we can only speculate... though since you are talking about Greek mythology, it was not really written in stone and it kept on evolving and having different versions whilst the ancient Greek civilization was alive and kicking. i.e, Hesiod's Theogony and the Orphic myths involved the same gods... and yet thay can't be more different.

No need to think of shamanic travels... which I can't discard either, but probably they didn't have a TV, so looking at the sky was more usual and probably the simple question of "What's going on up there?" was not unusual (nowadays people wonder what will happen in Games of Thrones... kinda sad actually).

Blog Entries
    I believe next in line is Alchemist assasin and friend; Kkkkkkiiiiìiiiiibbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiccc!
    Thanks fellow that made me smile
    Have you got a time of birth there Lad?
    about 3 in the morning

Blog Entries
    A.T Mann. The Round Art.

Amon;

You're obviously a ruthless and hot-headed businessman that went to jail but made some profitable connections and now you make a living slaughtering animals. Done.
    Hit the nail right on the head.

P.S.: Not the iron nail, your fingenail.

Seth-Ra's turn spinning the wheel of SkyYahtzee.

Seth-Ra began as a solid and gifted thinker, over time he's used his solid intellect to tap into his more emotional side and will continue to grow into a stable, calm, emotionally grounded individual. Like a lake, always calm with an ongoing gentle flow.
    Funny thing that; from as far back as I have memory, and before I had memory there are stories of my volatile and fiery nature. There are a lot of martial energies within my gemini-ness, and for a long time I was pretty explosive with my emotions, and didn't mind a fight. Nowadays the fighting is mostly intellectually - though I keep a steady arsenal of weaponry and maintain my proficiency with them (from bullets, to blades, to poisons and chemicals, to ever-hungering shadows bellow, I can make a body disappear and its soul too.)
    HOWEVER - during some of my most violent and overall hostile years growing up, I learned to calm my inner fire, as the constant lashing out (with good reason - always defending) only seemed to burn me out, as my enemies would regroup together, and feeding off of one another, they come back strengthened and renewed, whereas I was alone. Wasting energy was not effective. I got cold. Very cold. Began to show only what I wanted them to see, my wardrobe turned black, and my emotions, on the surface, turned to ice. When I attacked, it was precise, without feeling, but still burning to the core.

It would take several more years of deep alchemy to heal this, and bring balance to myself. Now I do consider myself more calm, controlled, but still feeling, and always burning bright. Fire within Ice, just as Spirit is within matter - my Fire molds and shapes my Ice, and my Ice channels and focuses my Fire.

You come from a strong family thats got its money situation sorted.
    This was not always the case. My parents have had to work, and cleverly, in order to get to where they are - and to where I will have something worth inheriting.

Your ambitious and are finding ways to make money for yourself.
    Lol hell, thats evident, but there's more to it... I'll quote you out of order to address it all:

You can feel conflicted sometimes between whats the right thing to do, and whats the right thing for your pocket, and your generosity usually calls a little louder and you indulge in whats needed to keep the groove flowing.

All in all its a dance between the expression of your inspiration and deep thinking; and the cash game; doin' what you gotta do, to pay the bills and fund your art.
    The thing is, I am always looking for a way to make money, but not just to make it. I can make it easily enough - I can DO anything. The key, is what do I WANT to do - what inspires me the most and that I find most fulfilling, WHILE making the money to continue even deeper passions and study of the Arcanum. Every moment a new opportunity, or idea presents itself, I begin weighing and meditating on the options and what I feel I'm most lead to do. If that means spending $$ I don't currently have, in order to foster research on a gamble that I believe will sort itself out, because I'm doing what the Spirit/Art/All/One requires of me - if that is the sacrifice at the moment, then I'll ultimately do it, and have. Such does sort itself out as well. The conflict is only as much there as I weigh what I'm meant to do, and I usually don't have to weigh long before I'm told.

You have an older brother, who is almost the dead opposite of your wife. The bro's all about the coin and the wife provides the space you meed to get in touch with the deeper stuff.
    I do have an older brother - he's 14 years older than me. He and my wife are both Virgo's. He and I are night and day. We do usually get along, but we have some key defining differences. He's VERY much about Jesus, and Jesus only, he actually is less interested in money. (He and I do share that lack of fucks given in the long run there)
    He despises alchemy, and any sort of magick, thinking only of his narrow ideal of God, and any who disagree with him, no matter how sound the argument, or how well they can dismantle his (I know, I've done it, which is why we don't have those conversations/arguments anymore - it was fine as long he was winning, but after I won, it ceased), If you disagree with him you are wrong, and shunned. The only reason I'm not shunned like others in his life, is purely because I'm his brother.
    He and I often represent ourselves as the Stormrage brothers from Warcraft. They were twins, yet vastly different. (and my brother and I, despite the age difference, do look a LOT alike.)
    My brother (Donnie) often relates to the character, Malfurion, the Archdruid, who's love for nature/life comes off as being hella dogmatic and snobbish.
    Meanwhile I'm often equated to Illidan, the Highborn sorcerer, turned demon-hunter (by becoming infused with the fel/demonic essence) - who traded everything for knowledge, and the power to use it. (often called the Betrayer, but thats not true. He has quite the epic "redeeming" story as well, as its shown that he was right all along... my brother took that pretty hard, almost as if the world in some form or fashion had "sided" with my view over his. lololol tis some good writing. )

Likewise, he and my wife are quite different - as she is far more inline with me than with him, though they do share some virgo traits. (Her's are often to the positive, while his are often to the negative.)

You readily recieve inspiration through meditation and self-reflection as well as sharing these truths with close friends. This drives your heart and pushes you forward to new heights.
    That would be pretty accurate - tis why its important for me to have a close network of like-minded brethren, so that they can not just hear me, but understand me and the depths of what I'm discussing. Otherwise, I'm back where I started - solo, looking for my pack.

Finally i just want to say that again we see some very interesting geometries aswell. Youve got 3 full blue squares (thats gotta be good!) And plenty of opposing signs aswell. Powerhouse by the look of it. I wouldnt want to get on your bad side.
    Powerhouse indeed, and no - as stated above, you, nor anyone else, would want such.

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer
    Hows that for a start?
    Not bad, definitely take Andro's and other's suggestions for reading material to improve. But some good points nonetheless.

~Jessie/Seth-Ra
    One fatal tree there stands of knowledge called, forbidden them to taste. Knowledge forbidden? Suspicious. Reasonless. And why should their Lord envy them that? Can it be sin to know? Can it be death? And do they stand by ignorance, is that their happy state, the proof of their obedience and their faith?

Blog Entries
    Well i'd say; judging by some of the truths that have been revealed; and also by my complete lack of ability, astrology does seem to hold quite a merit.

The older brother thing was good right!?

I have to do a proper one for Amon; then a Kibric, then a private reading for L.L. im deep in 'inventing mode' atm; but when i swing around to a more passive energy ill get around to these.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

+ Reply to Thread