Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Astrology Game

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    What are the little "R"'s that can pop up and planets? My daughter has an R next to Saturn Mars and Pluto???

And the green lines and light blue ect... please and thankyou.
    I suggest you read some basic Astrology books for beginners. You are currently lacking some much needed foundations.

Learn the archetypes of the planets, the houses, the aspects, learn where every planet is dignified/exiled/exalted/fallen, learn about the elements and the qualities associated with the signs and with the houses (i.e. which signs are Fire/Air/Water/Earth, Cardinal/Fixed/Mutable, which houses are Angular/Succedent/Cadent), learn about the nature of the main aspects (Conjunction, Trine, Square, Sextile, Opposition, Quincunx, Semi-Sextile, etc - those are the colored lines you see, they show you the different aspects between the planets), learn about the North and South Nodes, the extra significance of the angular houses and cusps (especially Ascendant & Midheaven), learn what it means when a planet is Retrograde (that's what the R stands for) - in short, learn to walk before you learn to fly.

Blog Entries
    Wanna play Sky-Yahtzee Andro?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Wanna play Sky-Yahtzee Andro?
    No.

Blog Entries
    Haha! I had a feeling you'd say that. Im tackling this from an "on the job" learning style. Admittedly ive never made it all the way through an astrology book. Because i never knew how to use them!

I was attracted to this via the "12 cell salt" zodiac saga, coupled with my interest in Charles littlefields vitalized salts experiments.

I believe next in line is Alchemist assasin and friend; Kkkkkkiiiiìiiiiibbbbbbbbbrrrrrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiccc!
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    Try the 7th of July 1901, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey. Just for fun.
    Have you got a time of birth there Lad?

We'll come back to you...

Blog Entries
    Haha! I had a feeling you'd say that. Im tackling this from an "on the job" learning style. Admittedly ive never made it all the way through an astrology book. Because i never knew how to use them!
    Read at least one or two books for beginners and then you can learn "on the job". Santos Bonacci does not give you any solid foundations, and he's making his own version of Astrology, which is fine, but you still need the basics first. I'm quite sure Santos studied the basics as well.

The way I learned was reading (and re-reading) a few books for beginners, and then, every evening after work, I used to go with my laptop to a pub next to the recording studio where I was working back then, and offer free readings to whoever wanted. I did this for months until I started to "get it" and for the charts to start "speaking" to me. But that was many years ago

Blog Entries
    Yes I think ill be offering free readings to any-and all from now on. I will make sure i get a book, Santos is a legend! I just got his skype i have to call him....

An important question i had, and probably the main reason im apprihensive to get a book just yet is: WHERE do we get the understanding that "Venus means love" or that "Saturn means time" what is the core text or foundational doctrine which these ideas have come from?

Whats the astrology bible?

Blog Entries
    Amon;

You're obviously a ruthless and hot-headed businessman that went to jail but made some profitable connections and now you make a living slaughtering animals. Done.
    Last edited by elixirmixer; 05-24-2018 at 09:40 AM.

What are the little "R"'s that can pop up and planets? My daughter has an R next to Saturn Mars and Pluto???

And the green lines and light blue ect... please and thankyou.
    The "R" is retrograde... the lines are the aspects, but most astro softwares will show you pointless lines because they work with absurd orbs like 8º to 10º as to make the whole thing look more complete, but using orbs bigger than 5º is not a good idea (I actually stop at 4º).

Maybe there are intuitive systems of divination, but astrology is certainly not among them.... it's mathematical, logical, technical... and then there's the mythical part.

Try to imagine a person who reads, say, "Hamlet", but does not understand that Hamlet's father was the king of Denmark, nor that he was murdered, nor that Gertrude is Hamlet's mother, nor that Claudius married Gertrude and is not unrelated to the murder, nor that Ophelia and Hamlet were a couple... nor that the kingdom that Fortinbras is invading is Denmark.

So you can read the play, but if you can't get those relations, then it is simply like isolated characters who are doing things because of unknown reasons... so it's like not reading... and there's not much place for intuition when it comes to some things (i.e, if you arrive by intuition that Ophelia is the mother of Hamlet, then you are wrong... it's Gertrude).

You should go to the classics. You'll be surprised when you get how most of the Western myths are astrological in nature.
    Or other "surprises" like finding out that astrology is certainly linked to the Heavens, but it's also extremely rural and earth based (and as an Aussie, you'll find out that it matches the Northern hemisphere, not really the Southern). The 12 signs can perfectly be understood like an absolutely mundane farming year/cycle and they are very related to the seasons.

Blog Entries
    One may use orbs of up to 8º when the luminaries (sun and moon) are involved, and still be OK.

For the rest, up to 3º is ideal IME, but we can stretch it to 5º and still be fine

+ Reply to Thread