Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Interesting Water Work Lineage

It also came to my mind that the reason why suddenly in the late 17th century a lot of tractats were about dew is because they saw how a lot of people financially ruined themselves with high temperature mineral work. No need to mention health issues.

With water and especially dew the people could be occupied for a long time while working safely at almost no costs and the idea of it as the "universal way" is indeed somehow logical in the alchemical believe system of that time.

Blog Entries
    There are R+C texts describing dew works, and there are even a few explicit methods (involving common dew) that have been posted on this forum, years ago.

It's not a super-potent "agent", but one can do some cool things with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    It also came to my mind that the reason why suddenly in the late 17th century a lot of tractats were about dew is because they saw how a lot of people financially ruined themselves with high temperature mineral work. No need to mention health issues.

With water and especially dew the people could be occupied for a long time while working safely at almost no costs and the idea of it as the "universal way" is indeed somehow logical in the alchemical believe system of that time.
    But the difference is that the "high temperature mineral work" actually gives some encouraging positive results. The dew thingy is nonsense that has never produced even a particle of gold or silver. Common water is useless in alchemy and chymistry, except as a simple solvent/diluting medium for some substances (example: some acids, gases and salts), which is eventually removed altogether from the operations after it has served its purpose. In other words: pretty similar to the use that ordinary chemistry has for common water.

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    It's not a super-potent "agent", but one can do some cool things with it.
    For example?

Blog Entries
    For example?
    There are some methods posted on the forum, one only has to search.

Like various "Dew & Sea Salt" processes, for example.

Or the Roger Guasco method, from his book "The Dew Burns the Salt".

JDP,

you said you already worked with dew but got disappointed by it's effects. May I ask what kind of experiments you performed with dew?

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    There are some methods posted on the forum, one only has to search. Like various "Dew & Sea Salt" processes, for example.
    Yes, some of these experiments I'm trying to reproduce at the moment. However the only interesting observation I could draw out of those posts was the supposed lowering of melting-points. And that can be explained by the fact that some salts that contain water molecules in their ion lattice only seem to melt but in fact solute in it's own water that is set free when mildly heating it. You can see that effect by yourself when heating some blue copper sulfate.

Secrecy and educational values may be good and well. But hiding essential information like clear operation steps does not help when simultaneously claiming miraculously properties of substances.

I can understand when some are afraid of having put their claims to the test. They can be proven wrong. And it's hard to face the possibility that one's believe system that's based on subjective interpretations of observations may fall apart when tested and empirically rejected by others.

The only experiment that would suit for such tests is imbing seasalt with 40l of dew. Unfortunately it's not that easy to collect such amounts of pure dew.

JDP,

you said you already worked with dew but got disappointed by it's effects. May I ask what kind of experiments you performed with dew?
    One experiment involved silver. It seemed to work at first, but then by trial & error I realized that the dew had nothing to do with it, contrary to what the author from whom I got the experiment thought. I got small amounts of the black calx from silver without using dew at all. The dew did not really serve any purpose that plain water couldn't do just as well. Other experiments involved dissolving salts in dew to supposedly "activate", "animate", or make them "canonical", and the like nonsense claims. Face the facts, folks: dew is nothing but vulgar water with some impurities dissolved in it. Nothing else to it. Move on. This is nothing but a big dead-end.

Blog Entries
    Only your experiments will prove you right or wrong. You only have to prove it to yourself.

Sounds like you're complaining that people are not posting "clear operational steps". Well, life is not always fair

Ask JDP if he would publicly post "clear operational steps" for a x10 or x100 projection powder

it's not that easy to collect such amounts of pure dew
    Apparently life ain't always easy, either

You might as well complain to the old masters and good authors why they didn't give "complete operational steps" in their books. They were apparently afraid to be proven wrong, that must be the reason

And if you actually take the time and search the forums, you'll find quite a few rather detailed processes with dew and other "waters". Most of them focused on medicinal properties - but less so for transmutation, when common dew is involved.

PS: It is my personal belief that quite a few alchemical authors used code/cover words ("Decknamen") to mostly communicate with each other and less for the common reader/"outsider".

Blog Entries
    Addendum: Could there be "something in the air" at the times when nature changes/renews itself? (like during transition seasons).

What could those alchemists have in mind when talking about those seasons and the "waters" collected during those times?

+ Reply to Thread