Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 111

Thread: Practical Water Work

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    754

    Practical Water Work

    I made three different experiments (that don't really account empirical Q criteria):

    #1: 3L of rain water collected during a thunderstorm in a 10L demijon put at a dark and warm place. The stopper has a tiny hole (needle).

    #2: 200ml of rain water (no thunderstorm) covered by a filter (paper) put at a light place (window to the south)

    #3: 50ml of dew in a closed (rubber stopper) glass (100ml) standing in the middle of a room -not too dark -not too light.

    All waters were collected in April/May.

    #1 and #2 were filtered one time after the collection. I did not filter #3. #3 was collected with the frozen bottle method with dew condensing on the cold surface and dripping in a bowl.

    #1 does not show any visible changes but it got a fouly smell since right from the beginning.

    #2 leaves traces of some greyish/white solid at those parts inside the glass where it evaporated so far.

    #3 shows the most interesting stuff. On the surface seemed to have formed a fungus. But on the ground there appeared something different. A very fine (maybe crystals-not sure yet) greyish/white solid.



    I would appreciate any comments, especially from the water work experts here.

    You know my current theory is based on impurities, which I know most of you don't agree with, but this post is all about the observation (and non-observations) and no interpretation or theories.
    Last edited by Florius Frammel; 06-18-2018 at 10:01 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    906
    Lovely picture, FF! I always am pleased to read your posts because you come at things from an analytical, rational standpoint rather than a position of authority.

    It is evident both you and Michael Sternbach have a background in chemistry and are both very knowledgeable in the field.

    I would love to see the other two pictures, especially the fungus of experiment #3 should you be willing to share.

    What were you seeking with this experiment, or were you solely doing it to observe the outcome?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    754
    That pic shows #3.

    I guess I am just curious to see what happens -or if something happens at all. If that what can be observed matches to things written in some sources, I will go on with that stuff. If not, I let it go and try something else.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,987
    Blog Entries
    70
    FF; have you heard of the Archaeus of Water?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    FF; have you heard of the Archaeus of Water?
    Yes, I have.
    I'm not sure where the word "archaeus" in context with water comes from. Maybe from John Reid III? I think Paracelsus used this word too, but in an other context.
    However I'm not following his instructions -with all the needed respect for John's work- but other's (see my water lineage thread). Right now I like it "old school", without additional modern interpretations and instructions. Maybe that's going to change again. I'll see when I get there. Or nowhere

    However, I still consider this as a strange "path" among other possibilities with higher probabilities to achieve "something worthwhile", but who knows?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,263
    Blog Entries
    3
    You may find usefull an older thread here:
    http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showt...766-Gur-anyone

    IMO digestion at 40 deg C is important for the gur to appear (if it is in the water). Don't just leave it in the corner to putrefy.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by theFool View Post
    You may find usefull an older thread here:
    http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showt...766-Gur-anyone

    IMO digestion at 40 deg C is important for the gur to appear (if it is in the water). Don't just leave it in the corner to putrefy.
    Hi fool!
    I did what the golden chain recommends: Put it in the attic (in summer). It's pretty warm up there and I did that with #1. The others are just standing at cooler places. One reason of doing three different, but similar kinds of experiments is to see what might really matters and what not.

    However, the first observation (whatever that might be) could be made with #3, that's not "put in the horsedung".

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,263
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    #3 shows the most interesting stuff. On the surface seemed to have formed a fungus. But on the ground there appeared something different. A very fine (maybe crystals-not sure yet) greyish/white solid.
    Again, in my opinion, with proper digestion this will give a brown sediment.

    However, not all waters give this sediment always. It depends on "something". You say you used dew for the #3 experiment.

    Some thoughts:

    If you collect again new dew will it give the sediment again?
    What were the environmental conditions during dew collection? The time of collection was just before the sunrise? Was there a natural tedency in the atmosphere to form dew or the weather was too hot? Are you located near the sea or away?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    754
    Quote Originally Posted by theFool View Post
    Again, in my opinion, with proper digestion this will give a brown sediment.

    However, not all waters give this sediment always. It depends on "something". You say you used dew for the #3 experiment.

    Some thoughts:

    If you collect again new dew will it give the sediment again?
    What were the environmental conditions during dew collection? The time of collection was just before the sunrise? Was there a natural tedency in the atmosphere to form dew or the weather was too hot? Are you located near the sea or away?
    Thanks again for your answer!

    You are right, those sources I follow at the moment speak about a brown/black sediment/gur too. Some also say if you do anything wrong, the sediment/gur will be white/greyish. It should become white after further treatment - the blackness should not be skipped.

    According to most texts now it's too late to collect new dew, but that would be indeed interesting to try.

    I collected the dew at nighttime/early morning and ended shortly after sunrise (I know, not optimal according to some sources - however some focus especially on the mo(u)rning sun(son) / aurora consurgens.

    The natural tendency to form dew was high. It was collected 3 meters above the ground (I guess that's okay, though maybe a bit too high, what do you think?). No sea, stream, lake whatsoever in the near distance (I guess that's good too -at least to my understanding of said sources).

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,263
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    I collected the dew at nighttime/early morning and ended shortly after sunrise (I know, not optimal according to some sources - however some focus especially on the mo(u)rning sun(son) / aurora consurgens.

    The natural tendency to form dew was high.
    Excellent timing! 1-2 hours before sunrise and maybe a little bit after is probably the best time for natural dew precipitation. If you tend to sleep outside you would have noticed that clothes usually get damp just before the sunrise. The effect is more pronounced near the sea; walking on the shore before sunrise usually reveals the moistened sand effect.
    I imagine that the moisture is using the atmospheric gur as a nucleation site for condensation and so the tiny dew or rain droplet carries it inside.

    I'm not sure about the effect of sea or lake situated near the dew collection site. I would prefer it by the sea as there is always more moisture in the air and dew forms more often. Maybe away from the sea the dew is more potent, when/if it appears.

    Again, congratulations for your perseverance to follow the nature. I guess you will get results even if you collect the dew out of season as long as the atmospheric conditions allow its formation. My only hint to you is to get in the trouble to buy a digestor, it makes a difference according to my past experience.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts