Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: The Vow of the Hand of the Philosophers

Quote Originally Posted by Esche View Post
    IMO:This resembles to an old oath preserved on the Marciana National Library at Venice:

"I swear by the heaven, by the earth, by the light, by the darkness; I swear by the fire, by the air, by the water and earth, I swear by the hight of the sky, by the deepness of the earth by the abyss of Tartarus, I swear by Mercury and by Annubis, by the roar of the Dragon Chercurobos and the dog three headed Cerberus, gurdian of hell, I swear by the ferryman Charon, I swear by the three Parca, by the Furies and by the Sword, that I'll never reveal this word to someone more than my noble and enchanted son. And now see, search the sower and ask him what is the grain and what is the harvest, from him you will learn whom sow wheat will gain wheat, and whom sow burley will recall burley. This will conduct you to the idea of criation and generation; remember that the man makes born to the man, the lion makes born to the lion, the dog reproduct the dog. In the same manner the gold produce gold, I have here all mystery".
    Lovely! Thank you for sharing this, Esche!

"Search the sower and ask him what is the grain and what is the harvest". Awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Florius Frammel View Post
    That assumption has first been made by a guy who wrote a similar sentence in John of Rupescissa's book of light. He describes the process to the stone very clearly, but the very first step won't start unless salt is added. This info had been written at the end of the book by a friendly researcher.
    Is "common salt" added, or would it be better to say that "common salt" being the first part of Art is Prepared from what is already present at the beginning? Perhaps this friendly researcher knew what he was talking about, perhaps not; regardless he left us a great clue!

No, it has to be added. If not added, the observations he describes next can't be made.

Blog Entries

No, it has to be added. If not added, the observations he describes next can't be made.
    No, it does not have to be added. If not added, the observations he describes next can in fact be made.

That is...IF one knows how to work in alignment with the Sages.

Someone know the effect of air and thunder (weather) on the saltpeter (potassium nitrate)?

I read a bit of it in "The book the alchemy of light: geometry and optic in late renaissance", about the compounds
    of the Saltpeter by the fire (star light) and salt (according Pracelsus the nitre of the air). Wich is considered the life-giving property of the air. The Rupescissa's "coelum", Vital Sulphur, and the "ros-coeli" the heavenly dew. But his elixir of life doesn't receive credits and it was judged by paracelsian alchemists as just alcoholic beverages. (page 24, chapter two)

I guess this salt should be use to carry the dew from the air to the recalling setup like the Bacstrom device, or to treat white clotches to saniticise dew from the harvest on grass. I never know this device before enter on this forum, in my tentatives to work with dew I have allergic reactions when recalling it from windows during storms. When I stay in a camp house I will remember how to implemente it. I guess that periculous and high infective common bacterias grow on the dew like the hundreds of E. Coli wich may cause sepsis, conjoined with others aerial and humidity deseases like tuberculusis, even the death.

Please if someone get some experience with it share it here.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Esche View Post
    Someone know the effect of air and thunder (weather) on the saltpeter (potassium nitrate)?
    Not with saltpeter (potassium nitrate), but with potassium carbonate.

My early experiments with thunderstorms, atmospheric moisture and potash were somewhat eventful, but quite lacking in potency.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    No, it does not have to be added. If not added, the observations he describes next can in fact be made.

That is...IF one knows how to work in alignment with the Sages.
    Do you know what process I am talking about? If yes, how can you be so sure claiming this?

Do you know what process I am talking about? If yes, how can you be so sure claiming this?
    Yes. We read these texts with different eyes, FF.

Be very very careful when making any vow or oath. If it is not clearly defined what the intentions and parameters of it are do not take it. Also make sure it is clear who you are making this vow for, you do not want to sign on with people or beings which you do not even know.

The best vows/oaths in my opinion are the ones just between a Man and God.

+ Reply to Thread