Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Vow of the Hand of the Philosophers

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    using limestone to create salt-petre
    This might interest you

"Preface" by Eugenius Philalethes, 1657

When he speaks of rain and dew I am contented to think, he means something else than what is vulgarly so called.

And I doubt not but his Salt petri is something different from that which is combustible and common.

The Philosophers Dew, if I know it at all is a dry water, and their salt-peter is a most white incombustible body of a gummy aerial nature, and indeed, if my eyes have not deceived me, it is so aerial and unctuous that it will no more mingle with water than common oil will.

I have for trial taken it in its gross body, and putting it in distilled rain water have digested it for a full fortnight, without the addition of any third thing, but they would never mix, the Nitre notwithstanding many long and violent agitations of the glass, keeping still apart in the form of butter or oil more white than snow.

The truth is there is no affinity between this Salt-peter and water, for it is not made of water, but of air hid and condensed in water.

We see also that the air is a dry spirit and wets nothing; but the mist or vapor of the water incorporating with the air wets all things.

Even so those bodies or substances which are generated of air retain the first complexion of their parents; this dry aerial humidity being predominant in them as is evident in common quicksilver and in all resinous substances, as vegetable and mineral gums which will not mix with water.

But this will not be more apparent to those who know that universal gum or sperm whereof Nitre is made, which is neither Dew nor Rain, but a water and no water; that is it is a dry water whereof see D’Espagnet in the 49 the canon of his first aphoristical part.

Here is the reason then why Nitre Philosophical will not dissolve in nor mix with common water; for it is a fat, oleous, airy substance, made by natural congelation of a mercurial dry humidity which separates from phlegm, as is evident in that succus vitalis and great Lunary of Lully.
    Last edited by Schmuldvich; 07-06-2018 at 03:07 AM.

Blog Entries

But this will not be more apparent to those who know that universal gum or sperm whereof Nitre is made, which is neither Dew nor Rain, but a water and no water; that is it is a dry water whereof see D’Espagnet in the 49 the canon of his first aphoristical part.
    Reflection on this, through a new looking glass reveals something intrinsically deceptive about the way philosophers write. The clues are in there, but never where you expect to see them

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    Reflection on this, through a new looking glass reveals something intrinsically deceptive about the way philosophers write. The clues are in there, but never where you expect to see them
    Perhaps we need a urim and thummim looking glass ???

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Nope, just "different." Same glass, our common glass, different prescription

Some more info on 'the hand' at this link: http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showt...osopher-s-Hand

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    I percieve the urin and thummin as the white and red stones. What do you think Black?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Hi Mr. Mixer

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    I percieve the urin and thummin as the white and red stones. What do you think Black?
    Could be a possibility.

From Wiki
    According to Latter Day Saint theology, seer stones were stones that were sacred gifts from God.
    They are believed to have been used by Joseph Smith, as well as ancient prophets, to receive revelations from God.
    Seer stones are mentioned in the Book of Mormon in the Book of Mosiah, where they are also called "interpreters" and described as being used by seers to translate and receive revelations.
    The term "Urim and Thummim" is usually used by Latter Day Saints members to refer to the "interpreters" mentioned in the Book of Mormon. Some Latter Day Saints use the term Urim and Thummim and seer stones interchangeably.

Also from Wiki
    The Urim and the Thummim first appear in Exodus 28:30, where they are named for inclusion on the breastplate to be worn by Aaron in the holy place. Other books, especially 1 Samuel, describe their use in divination.

Blog Entries
    My point exactly...
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

He calls comnon salt the key to our work
    That assumption has first been made by a guy who wrote a similar sentence in John of Rupescissa's book of light.

He describes the process to the stone very clearly, but the very first step won't start unless salt is added. This info had been written at the end of the book by a friendly researcher.

IMO:This resembles to an old oath preserved on the Marciana National Library at Venice:

"I swear by the heaven, by the earth, by the light, by the darkness; I swear by the fire, by the air, by the water and earth, I swear by the hight of the sky, by the deepness of the earth by the abyss of Tartarus, I swear by Mercury and by Annubis, by the roar of the Dragon Chercurobos and the dog three headed Cerberus, gurdian of hell, I swear by the ferryman Charon, I swear by the three Parca, by the Furies and by the Sword, that I'll never reveal this word to someone more than my noble and enchanted son. And now see, search the sower and ask him what is the grain and what is the harvest, from him you will learn whom sow wheat will gain wheat, and whom sow burley will recall burley. This will conduct you to the idea of criation and generation; remember that the man makes born to the man, the lion makes born to the lion, the dog reproduct the dog. In the same manner the gold produce gold, I have here all mystery".

However, analysing this simbols is not hard to get the meanings from them, searching on sources as an index of alchemical symbols. Encripting basic alchemical insign ideas:

The key: the Philosopher's stone and it possesses idea, or the secrets of the Green Lion, like in the "Twelve Keys of Basil".
    The lamp: the search and harvest of dew? or the sage to realised the Great Work.
    The Sun: the idea in the text above, the ferment, wich is gold.
    The star: on alchemical symbols index the star means armoriac salt.
    The moon above a crown: At first, the basic idea to convert silver into gold by the Red Tincture. And also, the Lunar Regulus, a crown can be translated from alchemical symbols as the Martial Regulus, and perhaps a macht of both.

My text format resembles a hand image.
    Gabriel blessings!

+ Reply to Thread