Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Vow of the Hand of the Philosophers

Blog Entries
    Cleaned and reopened.

Remember to stay on topic this time.
    Last edited by Kiorionis; 06-24-2018 at 07:51 PM.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Okay Smernoff. Are the stages of progression in your 'One Matter' Hollandus model sequential?

Does our matter change from salt petre to vitriol to alum to sal ammoniac to sea salt? In that order (metaphorically speaking i mean).... or is there more to it than that?

May i ask Smernoff; where do you grab your mayter from? Veggie, animal, mineral, man, or universal? If your willing....

Also something else that confuses me....

Hollandus speaks (in the section on the practical work of sea salt) about the spirit and the corpus of salts, which i have done and find very interesting;

Does 'Our Matter' then separate itself into an 'above' body and a 'below' body?

Mainly what im asking is if your right Smernoff; is there a way we are to understand the order of evolution?
    The stages of our Art are sequential, yes.

I would not say that the steps in the "Hand Of The Philosophers" are in order, especially if read left to right (thumb to pinky), but if you reverse the order (pinky to thumb) I can see how this could be viewed 'in order'.

Yes, 'As Above So Below', just like 'solve et coagula', is one of the most prevailing maxims of Alchemy....for a reason.

These two phrases are popular because, yes indeed, our Matter once it has dissolved and coagulated itself many times begins to separate into Celestial and Terrestrial parts.

Just like we are taught to believe growing up, the Celestial is immaculate and magnificent. That which is Above does not want to interact with the gross and offensive Terrestrial part Below, and in my experience it is not even possible for the Celestial to interact with the Terrestrial unless the two are united by way of a Medium. Remember the allegory you were taught when you were young and lead to believe was Truth about "no Man may come to the Father except by Jesus"? While there was much Truth to this statement, maturity and understanding had not been developed to the point where we could comprehend this occult Teaching until recently as we strengthen our inner wisdom and exercise our faculties of understanding. If man is below and the Father is above, who is Jesus but the medium with which we gain access to the higher realm???

I did not realize until only a couple years ago how fortunate I was to be indoctrinated with Christian wisdom even though it was not until very recently that I began to understand the esoteric Truth of the religion.

I am so thankful to have such a solid foundation.

When you did the "practical work of Sea Salt", what did you find?

I believe we interpret this Finger differently.

5. The Little Finger.
    The fifth secret and sign is the Key of the philosophers, standing above the little finger.
    Simultaneously it is the lock of the hand.
    That is why the key is standing on it.
    By it common salt is designated for salt is the Key in this Art.

What does Hollandus say is the Key of our Art?

He calls Common Salt the Key in our Work which, imo, is very clever wording.

I appreciate his style of writing in this treatise and the particular word he used 'Common Salt' in this context is especially satisfying.

You have "done practical work on sea-salt and found the results very interesting", Elixirmixer. What did you think was most interesting?

What do you think Common Salt is?

Did you follow Hollandus' method described below...?

Preparation of Common Salt, or the Key.
    Take sea-salt, pulverize it in a mortar, dissolve it in distilled vinegar made from white wine, filter and congeal it until a small skin forms on top.
    Remove this and keep it because it is the Spiritus of the key.
    Dissolve and congeal it again until the skins form on top.
    Remove this again and the Spiritus is thus separated from the Corpus.

To ten pounds of this Spiritus add one pound of something; dissolve in distilled rain water and coagulate it again per Alembicum with a recipient, until it is coagulated.
    Then take it out and pound it on a stone.
    Put your powder into a glass; dissolve and coagulate it again till it is fixed and no longer rises.
    With this Spiritus one does wonders and miraculous things in metals especially with Mercury, tin and lead.
    But this Spiritus must first be prepared as I will yet teach.

Do you think that Hollandus is esoterically writing about Our Preparation in the paragraph above?

When you read the paragraph below, did it shed light on your question about Separation at all?

Manual Work with the Salt or Key of the Hand.
    Here I wish to disclose to you all the secrets of the salt.
    It is the greatest secret of all Arts of Alchymie in which occur most of the errors made by people who are engaged in the Art since most of the Secreta concern salts.
    Therefore understand well what I am going to teach for as you separate the Spiritus from the body of the common salt thus is also separated the Spiritus from the Corpora of all other things.
    In the power of the salts and their Preparation lies the whole Art of Alchymie.

One cannot work with any salt unless the Spiritus has first been separated from the Corpus.
    After this, the Spiritus must be prepared according to the work in which it is needed.
    In addition, the Corpus must also be prepared in other works, because the Spiritus and the Corpus each have its particular power and cause contrary effects, as they are in fact Contrair and when they are separated effect contrary Operationes each in its own area.
    But those who try to operate with non-separated salts will work in vain in spite of all their labors.
    They cheat themselves and all those who believe them.

Blog Entries
    You constantly reminding me how little i know.... is great fuel to feed the ever hungry fire of development....

What i REALLY think is this (while it is a total hypothesis because i havent done the work to check YET)

I believe that Our Matter (Which word has done my fuckin head in lately because you all seem to be using different matters; but i cant tell because your all jealous secretive cunts) Is dissolved in Our Waters.

We then circulate until the vapour stops rising (fixed) then, we dissolve again, and when we evaporate, this time, crystals appear on the surface, as well as drop out at the bottom, this is the Spiritus vs Corpus.

He uses Commom Salt as an example because salt will readily separate into Spirtus and Corpus (Fleur de ser and Table salt.)

I believe that what he means by Common Salt is simply Our Matter in its first stages of preparation; where we separate the spiritus and corpus........

What do you reacon?
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

You constantly reminding me how little i know.... is great fuel to feed the ever hungry fire of development....

What i REALLY think is this (while it is a total hypothesis because i havent done the work to check YET)

I believe that Our Matter (Which word has done my fuckin head in lately because you all seem to be using different matters; but i cant tell because your all jealous secretive cunts) Is dissolved in Our Waters.

We then circulate until the vapour stops rising (fixed) then, we dissolve again, and when we evaporate, this time, crystals appear on the surface, as well as drop out at the bottom, this is the Spiritus vs Corpus.

He uses Commom Salt as an example because salt will readily separate into Spirtus and Corpus (Fleur de ser and Table salt.)

I believe that what he means by Common Salt is simply Our Matter in its first stages of preparation; where we separate the spiritus and corpus........

What do you reacon?
    Noted! This is exactly what I desire to do when I post in your threads: stir up thought and feed the inner fire of development.

I madly admire your fervor to learn and understand, Elixirmixer.

YES!!! Our Matter is dissolved in our Water and then circulated! Exactly!

YES!!! We dissolve again (and again and again and again....) and evaporate until Crystals appear. Indeed!

ABSOLUTELY!!! What Hollandus calls Common Salt is simply our Matter in its first stages of preparation.

You are beginning to lift the veil!

Blog Entries
    Thank fuckin' Christ.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    What would you then call these newly developed crystals then Schmuldvich? Is it Common Salt, once it has crystalized?

What would you then call these newly developed crystals then Schmuldvich? Is it Common Salt, once it has crystalized?
    I would call these "Crystals" our Matter prepared and ready to work with, or if I am using the words of Hollandus, I could just as well call it Common Salt.

When you begin working properly it will become clear.

Not the response you wanted I know, but it is what I will give you right now.

I had to pick & choose your words above to make them "correct" being that you haven't quite got the whole thing all figured out yet.

The newly developed "Crystals" I am referring to is our Matter successfully prepared, whereas I believe the Crystals you are talking about refer to another stage of our Work, possibly the Gate of Amon, if I am being given the liberty to speak esoterically.

Blog Entries
    So; are we talking pre-blackness right now?

Im not savvy on the esoteric fairytale lingo's im sorry. Far from it in fact.

So lets try to work with the Hand symbology shall we?

We arrive at Common Salt, through our initial circulation. Then we keep going but some changes begin to emerge and we find a natural separation.

I imagine then that we have two things now. Perhaps Alum and Sal ammoniac?

Are we getting somewhere here?

Am I correct in thinking that a circulation should basically fuel itself (in the athanor) with basically NO vulgar fire at all, and only when we want to whiten things later we add a little heat, but am i correct in thinking that a circulation will just STOP on its own, when its ready, (fixed). Or is this a misconception i have?

So; are we talking pre-blackness right now?

Im not savvy on the esoteric fairytale lingo's im sorry. Far from it in fact.

So lets try to work with the Hand symbology shall we?

We arrive at Common Salt, through our initial circulation. Then we keep going but some changes begin to emerge and we find a natural separation.

I imagine then that we have two things now. Perhaps Alum and Sal ammoniac?

Are we getting somewhere here?

Am I correct in thinking that a circulation should basically fuel itself (in the athanor) with basically NO vulgar fire at all, and only when we want to whiten things later we add a little heat, but am i correct in thinking that a circulation will just STOP on its own, when its ready, (fixed). Or is this a misconception i have?
    What comes before our Blackness...?

Our Matter can be comprehended as an oroborous can it not...?

Ok, fair enough, let's work with Hollandus' "Hand Of The Philosophers".

Yes, I agree that "we arrive at Common Salt through our initial circulation. Then we keep going but some changes begin to emerge and we find a natural separation".

In my opinion our Separation is a monumental stage of achievement!

Most people have not figured out how to achieve Blackness so even getting to this stage is a big deal, but we know that some here have in fact achieved actual Putrefaction, although this number is extremely small.

I have only seen two people in the entire world (besides myself) post a picture of a successful Separation as defined by the Sages.

After this Separation, you "imagine then that we have two things now--perhaps Alum and Sal ammoniac". What a wonderful guess! Now we are "getting somewhere!"

I wouldn't say that the two things we have after our Separation are Alum and Sal Ammoniac though, close!

I would say that after our Separation what we have is Spirit and Body.

White and Black, Light and Darkness, Heaven and Earth, Celestial and Terrestrial, Superior and Inferior, Above and Below, Upper and Lower are other ways we could refer to the two substances in our flask after our Separation occurs.

"An Open Entrance To The Closed Palace Of The King" by Philalethes

Let your delicate substance remain at the bottom, which is the womb of conception, in the sure hope that after the time appointed by the Creator for this Operation, the spirit will arise in a glorified state, and glorify its body -- that it will ascend and be gently circulated from the centre to the heavens, then descend to the centre from the heavens, and take to itself the power of things above and things below.

For the sake of discussion, let us call the ascended part of our Matter Sal Ammoniac and let us refer to the lower part of our Matter as Earth.

Let's look at what Hollandus has to say about Sal Ammoniac.

3. The Middle Finger.
    The third sign of the Philosopher’s Hand is the Sun, standing above the third finger.
    By it, Sal Ammoniacum is designated, for apart from Saltpeter and Vitriol, no thing more powerful is found than Sal Ammoniacum.
    That is why it is the third secret.

I do not like to post pictures of my Work, so check out these images from z0 K instead.

z0 K posted this video, he calls it the "Elemental Fountain":
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwHtyW_w1ZY

We can get a good picture in our mind's eye of what we should be looking for by looking at the pictures in this post.

You ask, "Am I correct in thinking that a circulation should basically fuel itself with basically NO vulgar fire at all, and only when we want to whiten things later we add a little heat...?"

Here are words from Hollandus himself...

Also, "But am I correct in thinking that a circulation will just STOP on its own, when its ready? Or is this a misconception I have...?"

"The Adventures Of An Unknown Philosopher" by Belinus

All you can do is to assist the seed, to put it into good earth, to supply it with heat in order to stir up its own.
    So Art alone is unable, as well as Nature only, to make our stone; but both conjointly and together do easily compose it.
    Having given you the mineral you ought to have, it belongs to Art to perfect the rest, to multiply the mineral virtue, to put the matter into a convenient place, to give it some external heat in order to stir up and sweetly call forth the internal, and by thus gently using it to render it more powerful.

+ Reply to Thread