Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The last Gate to Immortality?

The last Gate to Immortality?

Some time ago, an idea was installed in my mind until today. In principle, the idea was why human life, so sacred and miraculous must end. In that moment the idea arose that there was a possibility of transcending this existence, and our consciousness could be maintained. And that the purpose of this life is, precisely, to find through our mediation, that door that would allow us to continue as conscious beings after we died.

The second concept, associated with this idea was that the moment of death is important and decisive for this possibility. That is the final divine gift. Being aware of this last door and identifying it for our continuity as conscious beings is the final goal of our existence.

Months after this ideas comes to me, a couple of "signals" related to this concept appeared at different times. A co-worker was reading a book, where the first sentence was "The secret is how to die" (Dan Brown, The Symbol)

And then a song by George Harrison, (The art of Dying) also came to me.

Any reflection that this concept produces to you? Any idea can help ...

greetings to all.

Blog Entries
    Quite interesting. There’s a concept which comes to mind which is called in the psychedelic community ‘the little death’, also known as ‘ego-death’. It’s the stripping away of a person’s personal identity, and the sublimation of consciousness from a physical perception to a higher one. My own experiences in this state lead me to think, while in this state, the purity of the Spirit is revealed. Healing and change are then allowed to occur on the physical after the experience as the personal identity begins to align with the spiritual identity. A complete alignment with the spiritual nature, over time, I think would be a sort of death in and of itself, as the illusory personality created by social construct, false belief, etc. is killed off and one becomes completely Spirit-embodies.

At least, those are my reflections at this point haha
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Yes, I think I know what you mean, Kiorionis. I have experimented with hallucinogenic substances such as psilocybin mushroom, to the point that when I returned, I did not know who I was or where I was for several minutes. The trips were very deep.

But the "final" death, the one from which there is no return, never, is the problem. Something tells me there is a "hole" through which we can escape "without being seen" by death. And whoever finds that "crack" will be freed forever from the embrace of death, as we know it.

Before dying, (perhaps a few moments before) we escaped through that secret door in our mind ...

Some time ago, an idea was installed in my mind until today. In principle, the idea was why human life, so sacred and miraculous must end. In that moment the idea arose that there was a possibility of transcending this existence, and our consciousness could be maintained. And that the purpose of this life is, precisely, to find through our mediation, that door that would allow us to continue as conscious beings after we died.
    Human Life must end because we live in a finite world, so God had no choice. If you are born in the flesh, you must die at some point. Even sages are not immune from this as you must be aware.

Yes but you can only maintain your consciousness if you are active in Spirit else you will end up living multiple lives without knowing what or who you were. The goal that you describe is the most important but I find pleasures and enjoyment also to be important otherwise why bother with birth.

The second concept, associated with this idea was that the moment of death is important and decisive for this possibility. That is the final divine gift. Being aware of this last door and identifying it for our continuity as conscious beings is the final goal of our existence.
    I think it is important. To be in control of death and its related stuff, hence continuity requires that you be in control of your spirit hence the re-activation of Spirit is the most important, rest can proceed from there. That is my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by pierre View Post

Months after this ideas comes to me, a couple of "signals" related to this concept appeared at different times. A co-worker was reading a book, where the first sentence was "The secret is how to die" (Dan Brown, The Symbol)

And then a song by George Harrison, (The art of Dying) also came to me.

Any reflection that this concept produces to you? Any idea can help ...

greetings to all.
    I practice Taoist Alchemy which I've found to be far more practical in obtaining results than any other spiritual discipline I have tried. The secret to immortality in the Taoist practice is to give birth to your own Immortal Fetus. The first step is to learn the Inner Circulation of Qi which is connected with breathing.

When I used to practice Lucid Dreaming I could circulate Qi in the Dream Body by drawing it in through the Jing practice which is learned through the control of sexual energy and consists of the pulling of the energy back into the groin or lower cauldron. This can be done without breathing.

When the two practices are combined without breathing one will convert the Qi through the Jing concentration focus which has nothing to do with sex into the condensation of Shen which is the Philosophical Mercury of Qi which when drawn in to the Dream Body gives one the power to ascend or fly in the dream or transcend the dream set and arrive in the Microcosm lucid.

It occurred to me from the practice that at the time of death one that knew how could initiate the Shen sequence and sustain the Light Body in the Microcosm which is beyond Space/Time into Eternity where Death is irrelevant.

The first time I became aware of the Immortal Fetus was an incredible Palingenesis synchronizing the circulation of Qi with a powerful alchemical tincture taken in during the breathing practice. With each rotation the concentration of Qi increased until a sequence was initiated that flooded the ventricles of my brain with an energy feeling akin to the output of magnets able to attract and repel. The "magnets" or regulators are four areas in the brain that can be felt to energize when the circulating Qi energy is strong enough.

Taoist Alchemy has identified two of the field regulators, the left and right ventricles, as Supreme Ultimate and Indomitalbe Spirit. When fully expanded the two fields pull away from each other with great intensity that feels like a vacuum centered at the top of your head. If the concentration of Qi is strong enough in the circulation out the ventricles the vacuum feeling becomes untenable ripping what feels like a hole in the top of your head. As the hole opens a surge of coherent information rises like an intelligent ray or eye. Within is a hollow shaft extending indefinitely. One end is your conscious awareness at the other is a bright light.

Focus on it and you will be drawn to it rapidly. That is what happened to me. Quickly I turned my attention to the shaft cylindrical walls and passed through and became aware of an immense white sphere with uncountable rays of energy going out of it and rays plunging into it. I focused my attention on the rays going into the sphere. Each ray had a pulse or scintilla in it that moved down the ray and into the sphere. As I observed information flowed into my mind about the observations. This was the Cosmic Egg from which all things begin and to which all things return. I saw the scintilla in the rays were souls returning from the Macrocosm at death.

Interesting.

I found a book by Thomas Cleary about Taoist alchemy. 'Practical Taoism'.

There is talk about a "secret passage" and other things that you comment here. I will read it to have some deeper idea on this subject.

z0 K... Could I ask you some questions when I read the book?

Quote Originally Posted by Dwellings View Post
    Human Life must end because we live in a finite world, so God had no choice. If you are born in the flesh, you must die at some point. Even sages are not immune from this as you must be aware.

Yes but you can only maintain your consciousness if you are active in Spirit else you will end up living multiple lives without knowing what or who you were. The goal that you describe is the most important but I find pleasures and enjoyment also to be important otherwise why bother with birth.

I think it is important. To be in control of death and its related stuff, hence continuity requires that you be in control of your spirit hence the re-activation of Spirit is the most important, rest can proceed from there. That is my opinion.
    If we must control the spirit for it, so be it!

Interesting.

I found a book by Thomas Cleary about Taoist alchemy. 'Practical Taoism'.

There is talk about a "secret passage" and other things that you comment here. I will read it to have some deeper idea on this subject.

z0 K... Could I ask you some questions when I read the book?
    Yes

Blog Entries
    In Taoism and other traditions, we can find at least two types of immortals:

- One type is roughly what z0 K described above, the continuation of existence in a "soul" body and leaving the physical body behind. For example Buddha.

- Another type is to take the physical body also into the immortal or celestial realm. This kind of immortality leaves no corpse behind. For example Jesus.

I don't know if you agree in general with that view.

Blog Entries
    Why is YOUR consciousness, the one called "pierre", so vital to keep alive? What makes you important? It is an honest question.

If your higher self (the real YOU) remains alive, is that not more important... that part of YOU will never die, IMO... only this "lower" version called "pierre".

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread