Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The last Gate to Immortality?

Quote Originally Posted by Awani View Post
    Why is YOUR consciousness, the one called "pierre", so vital to keep alive? What makes you important? It is an honest question.

If your higher self (the real YOU) remains alive, is that not more important... that part of YOU will never die, IMO... only this "lower" version called "pierre".
    While neither of these questions were directed at me, I also would like to reiterate these points.

When greater consciousness has been accessed, even for a short period, this earthly self is easy to comprehend how minuscule and incredibly short a 'lifetime' on Earth is.

I know very few people who after realizing this have any desire whatsoever to live "forever" (become immortal).

It simply is not important and does not even register on the scale of anything worth being concerned about.

Even if one could live as long as the Ancients, some supposedly as old as 800+ years old, this still is so infinitesimally short in the grand scheme of things.

Think how long the last second (literal one second) of your life was a second ago and everything that happened during that second. Depending on how you choose to perceive that second and how deep you want to go you could accurately say that very much happened in that last second, especially with functions that keep you alive at a cellular level. Beyond that, think of all the things that happened in the world, in the ocean, in the air, and within the Earth during that second. A whole bunch of stuff happened! Yet in this lifetime you will barely be able to remember that second by tomorrow much less a week from now. That is how short your life is in the grand scheme of things, and when you zoom out and change your perception to something greater than your 'self', you will understand how much and how little importance this life has.

I can only assume those who wish to attain Earthly immortality have never perceived anything beyond this conscious and do not understand Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    There are 5 types of immortal in Taoism.
    Earth Immortal is what physical alchemy achieves
    Heavenly immortal is indestructibility.
    What are the other three?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Sternbach View Post
    What are the other three?
    1) Ghost Immortals are the lowest of the five,liberated via yin, unclear in spirit, no name in ghost and heavenly realms, although out of reincarnation, cannot return to heaven. They belong to nowhere, only cease to reborn.

2) Human Immortals have not realize the great Dao, they obtained one method, and in one method obtained one skill. They practice whole heartedly, obtain pure spirit and chi, solidify form, immune from human world disease.

3) Earth Immortals follow law of sky and earth’s rising and falling, obtain the number for the manifestation of son and moon. Within the body, observe the changes in annual, monthly, and daily cycles. Understand the dragon and tiger, regulate Kan and Li, differentiate the purity of the water source, use different fire in different times, observe the two opposites, three cores, four phenomenon, five elements, set the six energies, collect the seven treasures, sequence the bagua, circulate the energy, refine the form and stay in the world, achieve long life.

4) Spirit Immortals are Earth Immortal who no longer interest to live in the world. They continue the practice, refine gold and jade, transform form into energy, five energies go back to the source, three Yan gather at the top, when practise complete form is forgotten. Yin ends and Yang is pure, they discover body beyond body, depart from form and rise into immortal, transcend ordinary and become extraordinary, decline the secular world and go back to heaven.

5) Heaven Immortals are Spirit Immortals transcend attachment to stay in heaven. They spread the Dao in human world, continue the deed until the divine work is done, then receive the heavenly summon to go back to the thirty-six heavens, back to eighty-one Yang heavens, to the three purest heavens.
    -source

Apparently the first three can be obtained without external alchemical works, but the final two require alchemical preparations in order to achieve. Spirit immortality also requires 10 year process of ‘staring at a wall’.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    I know very few people who after realizing this have any desire whatsoever to live "forever" (become immortal).
    Indeed. However if I can somehow extend my life to instead of dying at 58, I die at 115 or so... that I am game for... then I can really get shit done... but we always seem to talk about immortality, and not sure how other people here feel, but immortal in my book is FOREVER. To that I say: no thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Even if one could live as long as the Ancients, some supposedly as old as 800+ years old, this still is so infinitesimally short in the grand scheme of things.
    And if one manages to achieve this level of lifespan then I reiterate what I wrote in another thread... that such status should be to serve mankind... to be blessed with such a long life as 800+ years OR to be enlightened (and if you are not enligthened and 800+ years old please kill yourself)... that is the perfect positon to truly serve the Divine i.e. everything around you.

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    His wife has an interesting account to what happened to him.
    Not sure why it is not mentionend in the article, but this is VERY common. I think it is called "fey", but not certain.

Anyway 100+ years ago, back in the day when almost everyone died at home surrounded by loved ones this effect was very common. The reason we have lost this aspect of death, is because our elders die in a cold sterile hospital... often kept company by a machine... rather than the whole family holding a vigil for days on end waiting for "the angels to come and take the soul away".

Also common that people can see these "beings of light" come and get the dying. One very recent case of this was when Steve Jobs died:

Before embarking, he'd looked at his sister Patty, then for a long time at his children, then at his life's partner, Laurene, and then over their shoulders past them. Steve's final words were: 'Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow.'" - source
    For a discussion about this topic see: Episode 134 - life after life

Donít let the delusion of reality confuse you regarding the reality of the illusion.

+ Reply to Thread