Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Alchemical Spagyric Preparation??? (with pics)

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Wow that looks dark. What was it soaking in? Thanks for sharing pics.
    That is the massa after being fully dried and powdered. The image itself is quite dark even though I attempted to brighten it more, but it end up looking "shopped." Think powdered coca, not coffee. The dry gum before powdering is quite nice. It's full of these wonderful transparent red sections. I'm thinking about getting a dehydrator for finishing these instead of the heat management required with other methods.

Thanks for answering my questions.
    Last edited by Seraphim; 1 Week Ago at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Thanks for answering my questions.
    No problem. I am holding back a little bit now in this thread, but that is primarily because I have so far been unable to identify this white substance and it's significance.

I have unearthed some little treasures thought if anyone wants to join me in this work. The idea of reducing decoctions as a medicine, according to some journal articles I happened across (which are obviously mistaken and point out when something was published vs discovered) come from 1950s Japan. Yes, that year is correct, according to the paper. It also pointed out that one method of preparation was to combine the dried resin with a carrier, either a starch (which can be gained from reducing most matters) or the dried and powdered "dregs" of the plant. Hmmm, are these "dregs" a funny white powder by chance?

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics...stry/decoction
    ^^ first article, last paragraph. I'm too cheap to "buy" journal articles, and I'm sure it can be found elsewhere for free, but the topic itself seems pretty vague to me. Still, reducing to get a separation, "preparing" the two matters separately, and then recombining them. Kudos to Japanese scientist/spagyricists. :P And supposedly this wasn't done till the 1950s? I'll believe that when the sun poops out a new planet. The means to do it have been around as long as clay pots.

Also, perhaps part of the reason for the quirky nature of this substance could be varying solubility with pH. I really need to get some vinegar to confirm this one. Maybe I'll pick up a bottle, but I have so little to work with and need to survive this month on a thrifty budget. I've found that adding water to empty bottles that housed the substance seems to create precipitates out of nowhere in certain cases. The liquid I called the sun is "basic," so dropping the pH by adding a LOT of water (comparatively) to a few remaining droplets might be causing it to drop the goods. Not sure, but this certainly isn't the first time I've heard of altering pH to get results in alchemy.

Just some food for thought.

A little experimentation to extract/refine the remaining sulfur. This was done with some of the dregs and NaCl, but definitely warrants further experimentation. The color has been driven off, but that faint smell of our grapes remains.

What do you plan on doing with it next?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    What do you plan on doing with it next?
    No idea whatsoever.

I did sample some of the cruder crystals (I'm saving these little pieces of art for now), I noticed a sweet taste to them, which doesn't match the taste of the raw sulfur. I'm sure that I'm onto something here, but I'll let the celestial gatekeepers open the doors as I come to them.

I started burning down some specially prepared charcoals today to make a decent amount of tartar salts, but after four hours, the mass still was not calcined all the way. NaCl works well enough to drop them from solution, but I think the final combination should include the plant salts.

These may end up being "food" for the white elixir, but for the moment I'm working out my method of extracting them properly. They're quite subtle.

As with everything so far on this, solve and coagulate. It really is the same procedure, over, and over, and over...

No comments on the wispy cumulonimbus clouds in my mason jar? aw

I may end up keeping these little guys as a curiosity. You can see it ever so slightly in the picture. The look of a forest around the walls of the glass. They're subtle, but quite lovely little salts. If I had my guess at the makeup, I would say this process frees the sugars (glucose and the corresponding carbohydrates) from the massa, which bring the sweetness with them.

Sugars are so complex and varied, but it would be interesting to find something so common to plants as it could be dubbed the "vegetable sulfur" just as potassium salts seem to be the "vegetable salt." All that is left at that point is the mercury, for which the common is water (oops, spilled the beans) and the dry water "secret" solvent, which has already been revealed for this spagyric in this thread. The "water that does not wet the hands."

We use our common water of the clouds in the beginning, but the secret dry water for the final magestry.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    No comments on the wispy cumulonimbus clouds in my mason jar? aw

I think they are very beautiful.

More of this "salt of sulfur" extracted. It's made a lovely little "tree of life" on the side exposed to more ambient light during the day. Thought I would share. The rather large amount "comparatively" of sulphur that I have chilling in the fridge may end up climbing out of the glass when I make it. It's quite difficult to clean it completely, so I had to scrape some excess NaCl and darkness out of the low circle in the bottom of the mason jar.

Might mix what I have together and give it another round of solve et coagula to see how much purity I can evolve in these lovelies.

The separated salt of sulfur before another round of purification. Tested at temperatures up to 100C, possibly a bit more, there is a slight whitening, but no smoke. After purification, I might make a run at the melting temperature to see what kind of decomposition occurs with a small amount.

On soaking in a tiny amount of water, the salts dissolve instantly and still carry the smell of the putrefication with them, so my little angels were not driven away by the heat of the desert. The fluid is clear, but a dark amber color. Since I know they can take a little heat, I'll be drying them in a crucible on a low stove setting. They are dissolved, then filtered to remove any excess trash that's gone along for the ride, and reduced. We shall see.

+ Reply to Thread