Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Alchemical Spagyric Preparation??? (with pics)

Blog Entries

Alchemical Spagyric Preparation??? (with pics)

I suppose it's about time I posted this. The work is not yet done, but I've got confirmation of the first step in the process, and if you haven't seen this, it should prove interesting. I'm arranging this as a very short "book" with one-page chapters.

Chapter One

As many of you know (or should suspect), I'm a believer that the original production of something "interesting" occurred by accident in ancient Egypt. Instead of wasting time digging for hidden layers in more modern texts, I spend a lot of time pondering the reproduction of the mistakes leading to that initial discovery which prompted the study of alchemy, and later the stone. (Chem refers to the land of Egypt). I think the same serendipitous event also happened in China and other places, thus the same root leading ultimately to differing paths to the same end. I seek that root, that initial seed, before the stone itself.

Well, I stumbled across something interesting indeed. Perhaps not promising yet, and definitely a step or two removed from the stone, but interesting nonetheless, and possibly sinking the true roots of alchemy much further back in history. Maybe there's something we can learn and apply to our modern methods. This isn't an instructional treatise (though I encourage anyone here to repeat my observations for verification), but a reflection on the steps of alchemy and the formulation of "our matter."

First, I'm not going to tell you which plant I used, as I believe it will muddy the waters up with useless information. I will tell you that it was in the mint family, and I used the herb. When I say "Water," by the way, I'm referring to common water. H20. Distilled for the sake of an even playing field, and purchased in a supermarket. The herb I gathered in abundance on my property.

Chapter Two

A little allegory into my thought process:

Every ancient religion I can find has similarities in the literature of creation, and I'm still working on my own version of this, so you will see a mixture of terms. The creation story is of paramount importance, as you will see later.

In the beginning, there was Chaos (darkness, void, etc. This is actually the name of a god). Chaos gave birth to Gaia (The original red earth of creation), and Gaia sweat the sky(Uranus), and wept the oceans(Neptune). Uranus impregnated Neptune, who birthed the continents and common earth that gave birth to all life.

Chapter Three

There is only one thing, and from one thing comes all, and to one thing all shall return.
    To chaos.
    Truly, and without doubt.
    It's father is the Sun, it's mother the moon,
    it was carried in the air, and nursed by the earth.

(just a little reminder, take into account the earlier story)

Chapter Four

The way to Chaos is by inverting the path to life. Thus life sprouted from the moist earth of Neptune's child, and to that earth it returns first. Place your matter (literally any living thing, I hope) into the philosopher's oven, and kill it with crude fire.

Of crude fire, which is warm and dry, the oven of philosophers turns warm and moist, inside out, and moistens life to return it to the maternal fire in Neptune's belly. This is done in the belly of the philosopher's oven.

The seed of Uranus is to be removed if we are to continue reversion of our matter, and thus the golden liquid of Neptune's womb is transferred above the oven, where only philosophical fire may reach it from the crude.

The philosopher's oven.

Translation: Soak and bubble your herb in your covered cauldron, and then drain the fluid and evaporate over the tempered heat of a double-boiler, taking care not to scorch the flowers.
    In reality, you can simmer it down to around 10% in it's own pot, if you prefer. I started with 6 quarts of water and reduced the mixture to about 200mL.

Removal of the seed of Neptune (water vapor and essential oils) will bring you closer to the sweet earth birthed by Chaos, and can indeed be driven back to chaos through further refining, but enough of this. We shall continue our work to show it's properties in the state of mixture of Gaia and Chaos.

Chapter Five

Our blackness. At this stage has reverted to it's primordial root. I placed it, after further reduction to half that in the picture, but still very liquid, to cool slowly for a few hours and then into the fridge.

As nature would have it, Chaos again gave birth to Gaia, the ruddy red earth birthed from the primordial matter. I noticed this after more than a day of settling. I decanted the "mixture" to further reduce it, and found in the bottom a reddish crystalline sand/salt. This was collected by itself:

The red earth of Gaia

Chapter Six

Swavely, and with great ingenuity, separate the Earth from the Fire.

This is referring to the "fire" of the philosopher's oven, or our chaotic mixture after reduction.
    Turns out, you can wash these little crystals with water, which carries away the red, leaving behind the white powder. I used tiny amounts of water, and washed the crystals on a filter paper, draining the water at each step back into my Chaos mixture as it doesn't easily filter.

Stupid camera phone picture doesn't do it justice. It isn't yet purified and therefore white as snow, but the whiteness can be seen in person quite vividly compared to the dark origin.

Thus, we "putrefy" in the philosophers oven, any common starting matter, and once Chaos is found, he will give birth to the primordial Earth, or Gaia, who can be "washed" to a crystalline white Earth, having cast off any determination of what it was before, and becoming through the process an undetermined salt.

It tastes like chalk :P

Hope you enjoyed my little ramblings as much as I enjoyed writing them.

EDIT: This little white sparkling powder is progressing nicely as it continues to dry. After several rounds of solve et coagula, I plan to post at least one more picture. Perhaps I should have waited a tad longer to post this.
    Last edited by Dragon's Tail; 06-30-2018 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Reasons

Blog Entries
    Kudos for posting your work.
    Hope you enjoyed my little ramblings as much as I enjoyed writing them.
    I did
    Place your matter (literally any living thing, I hope)
    My friend would have loved you, he tried to convince others on this.
    I seek that root, that initial seed, before the stone itself.
    The very first person to practise alchemical principles on physical matter ?
    According to Paracelsus it was Adam ( Adamu )

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibric View Post
    The very first person to practise alchemical principles on physical matter ?
    According to Paracelsus it was Adam ( Adamu )
    If he was wearing a leaf on his crotch, I highly doubt he had access to lab glass

Blog Entries
    You'd be amazed what I can do wearing nothing but a fig leaf
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    You'd be amazed what I can do wearing nothing but a fig leaf
    You might want to keep that outfit handy for when Schmuldvich comes to visit you down under...

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich
    If you need some help moving and want to work on some Spagyrics together for a few weeks fly my ass out there! We can learn and experiment together.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    just asking what did you learn or see while traveling?

(Such as: "I saw gold dissolved in a liquid", "I learned how to make the Philosopher's Stone", "I got my dick sucked", etc.)
    Maybe you guys will get lucky in at least one department

But joking aside, it's awesome when Alchemists meet and work together!

And mostly: Dragon'sTail, very cool line of thought!

Blog Entries
    After another quick wash and left to dry overnight on a filter paper...

There's still a ways to go for the purification, but I wanted to preserve this moment for a little bit, before I trash the whole product by messing something up in the purification of it. I wanted to sample another bit today, but burned my tongue on hot pizza earlier, so the taste buds aren't super trustworthy at the moment. Haven't noticed any other effects of this as medicine.

The flash on the camera showcased some of the little sparkles, which is nice. It looks like drywall, but has a ways to go until I separate off only the whitest parts of the specimen. It lifts easily off the filter paper after drying in place, and will powder itself with minimal effort. Definitely not CaCO3 as I first suspected upon seeing the residue.

Also, I'm not 100%, but I'm pretty sure this is too much to be a random contaminate of distilled water, or any dust present on the plant leaves before starting the procedure. It rained the night before I collected the herbs, and I only took the tops.

Also forgot to add earlier. While reducing the mixture, it will take on not only the color, but also the scent of grape juice. Thought that might be of interest to some of you, as there are so many mentions of wine and vinegar from grapes in the text. At least in the context of this experiment, "Our Wine" comes from "Our Grapes." It's funny, the original intent was to get these "grapes" and test the yield as a possible matter for dry distillation or other processes.

Blog Entries
    Tinkering with my white "salt." It's shown some peculiar qualities, like how it seems completely and utterly insoluble in water, even though it came from a water extract. Proof of that quality is underway (trying to dissolve it in a pint of fresh distilled water, at no noticable loss after filtering.

I have managed to "wash" the powder to a much purer whiteness through all this tinkering. It resembles a bicarbonate soda in appearance, so I thought alum or some kind of soda. Even though the actual chemical doesn't concern me much, it would at least provide some baseline for what I'm working with, and how it got in that plant.

Alum should melt at ~100 degC, so I decided to test this by heating a bit of it up on a stovetop. I swear it looks like the fire made it "grow," though I can't prove this part. The empirical result was that even under fairly high heat (spool laying on the coil at Med-High), it didn't melt, sputter, or do anything of the like. What it did was turn a reddish gray color:

Interesting, no? I might try dissolution in another solvent, or put a little white wine vinegar on it to see what it does. I'm in the apartment thought, and the "bug" people are coming in a couple days, so I don't want to leave a bunch of stuff laying around for them to speculate about. Need to rush some of my makeshift lab off to the woods for a while.

The last time I saw a color change while heating salts came well after the melting point (not counting burning numerous materials to black). Anyone have input on this? Any tests you'd like me to try? I don't have many chemicals, so fancy stuff is a no-go, but simple analysis, I might be able to give it a go.

Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    Anyone have input on this? Any tests you'd like me to try? I don't have many chemicals, so fancy stuff is a no-go, but simple analysis, I might be able to give it a go.
    This is a nice way of thinking. If it is calcium carbonate it will dissolve in vinegar with fizzing.

But if you have hydrochloric acid, try to dissolve it in there. Observe wether it fizzes and what is the color of the solution it gives, if any.

Blog Entries
    So, the water drawn off after the initial "whitening" process has some properties.

... I was out in the brush picking wild blackberries for hours the other day. Every insect in the county had a shot at me, and though the stings and bites didn't become apparent until the following day, itching and little single-holed blisters are never fun. I rubbed some of the water from a recent soak of the white powder on part of my wrist. I didn't want to comment prematurely, but that part of my arm is healing faster on the bites and hasn't itched in 2 days, even after showering. My skin looks different there too, only subtly, it's half a shade lighter than the tan on my arms, barely noticeable. The difference between the bites there and on the rest of me though, night and day. And there's been no itching.

Blog Entries
    Not the best picture I've ever taken, but...
    Anyway, it seems that some of the white powder at least will dissolve in either massive quantities of water or scalding hot water. Once I saw this from my earlier soak (around a pint of distilled water to the tiny amount of powder), I dumped the rest into boiling water and filtered again. The filtrate is quite dark, let's hope the crystals come out good. It has yellowed a bit in the air. I tried to get the best image I could, but crappy lighting in the apartment. This is the stuff that I suspect was present in my "healing water."

+ Reply to Thread