Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Alchemical Spagyric Preparation??? (with pics)

When heated, do your little angels melt or do they stay as-is in a powder?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    When heated, do your little angels melt or do they stay as-is in a powder?
    So far it stays as a powder. I'll push the heat up after this next purification. I'm curious about the same question.
    Last edited by Dragon's Tail; 07-19-2018 at 08:02 PM. Reason: missing letters

Blog Entries
    Spotted a little smoking when taking the "salt of sulphur" to the 350-400F range. I don't feel like scorching them tonight, so I'm backing down the heat. There are still impurities, so perhaps burning these off is good? I'm not sure, and I don't have a ton to work with. At some point I'll have to make a choice and go with my gut.

Test, fail, test, fail, repeat. That's the way it goes. They didn't melt at all, nor does my "white alum" salt. That will be a good test upon recombining these things. If the final product melts when the ingredients do not, that would be an interesting curiosity indeed. I did need to get them quite hot, enough to scorch the Chaos matter, so they are learning to love the fire a little at a time.

Blog Entries
    Our black massa has a few more tricks in store for us, it turns out. Some testing with leftovers and fiddling small amounts in search of the sulfur we shall use to make our quintessence. It is one substance, wholly inseparable from the salt that bore it. And a new color has emerged to replace the dark redness of death.

What once was green and growing, suffered a death, bathing itself in its own blood during the fall from heaven, into a black void from which was separated the light of the stars, moon, and sun. It rises like a phoenix from the ashes, back to the glory of the green and glowing, renewed with life. But this is but another step in the process. There is still much to be learned, and a long road ahead.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    Spotted a little smoking when taking the "salt of sulphur" to the 350-400F range. I don't feel like scorching them tonight, so I'm backing down the heat. There are still impurities, so perhaps burning these off is good?
    Some people might say that this ‘smoke’ is actually a ‘vapour’, and constitutes the ‘Blood of the Earth’.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiorionis View Post
    Some people might say that this ‘smoke’ is actually a ‘vapour’, and constitutes the ‘Blood of the Earth’.
    Very well could be. I'm intentionally trying to avoid dry distillation in this method and so far that has worked well. This is the most interesting spagyric concoction I've made so far. I have some of the "white alum" stored away from the rest of the equipment, and I have been using it topically on various little skin ailments to great effect. I haven't much left from this batch, so I may dissolve it again and keep the "healing water stopped up safely in a jar. It looks, tastes, and reacts like water, but it is so much more. Even diluted it seems to take the itching right out of an insect bite.

For my cuts I'm using a little balm of yarrow, my tried and true "woods medicine," but I may try to white powder on a cut or two as well for more testing. As for the rest of it, mostly an exploration. I haven't tested "the sun" at all, other than trying to purify it to my best abilities.

Blog Entries
    Okay, so this is all about wrapped up. I have a few little tests to do with multiplying the alum (or attempting to), but I'm pretty well done. I'm not altogether convinced that anything other than the alum is needed to proceed. Quite the contrary. Especially if it will multiply, as this should use up a good deal of the remaining massa for "food."

However, I opened this thread about a more philosophical spagyric medicine, so here's the philosophy and recipe.

Fuck essential oils. By their nature, they are Particular to a plant Species, and thus not respresentative of the Vegetable Kingdom as a whole. This production of the massa, using our common water, the water of the clouds, carries away this particular nature from the serum, and leaves it unclothed. With reduction to a thickened mass, it takes on the subtle sweet smell of our grapes, from which we draw our wine.

This wine may be produced in two ways. The simplest is to soak is high-proof alcohol, using it as our Mercury (spagyric definition, not alchemical), and making a tincture of the thickened massa. The tincture is golden in color, and you can gather it from ANY plant (you can even do this after extracting the alum). Burning the original plant to a salt will provide the salts needed for the final concoction of the stone, either through disolution (for a wet tincture type elixir) or by imbibing (for a concentrated solid).

The massa contains the sulfur, which is extracted through liquor. This is combined with the Vegetable Salt and Mercury commonly used in spagyrics, and a glorious union is constructed of the three.

You might also recombine the salt with the sulfur first, and you will find that they mix quite readily and potently, using water as your Mercury, to make a thick black quintessence.

You can also take the massa, replenish it with our water of the clouds, ferment it, distill it, and then recombine this with the salts, et al. IOW, take this wherever you please.

What makes this process different is the stripping of the species specific clothing through our holy putrefaction of the matter, by reduction and boiling away of all that "runs" from the alchemist's secret fire.

If you disagree, that's fine. If you find the process interesting, it's definitely worth a try Onto animals and minerals, now that I've found some of the puzzle pieces I need. (and you might too. The work reveals more than my posts will show, and only through work in the lab will you find certain things)

Blog Entries
    Just a little project update here on the spagyric side of things. The tincture of the massa, when allowed to settle and carefully decanted to remove finer particles that coffee filters don't catch, it quite a wonderful shade of yellow. I'm currently drying my leftovers slowly because the results of the mixture have been so interesting.

In another jar, about a gram or two of calcined plant salts (from my homemade charcoal) were crushed up while hot and covered in the massa tincture. They went from orange to red to nearly a deep black over several days with only a coffee filter covering the jar (to allow the alcohol to vent off). At one point, for whatever reason, they "melted" into a thick black/red oil at the bottom (some of them anyway). I changed the tincture out for a fresh addition and the oil disappeared, but today after looking, scraping, and a little testing, found that the now very dark salty mass has many of the qualities previously applied to my jelly ball "plant stone" experiment. I'm hoping this one is of higher quality.

The blackish mass is one substance and dissolves easily in a little water to make a clear yellow solution. I tested the pH to about 8-9 with only a tiny bit added to around 20mL of water. While the little white alum powder is now my dominate focus in plant works because it has demonstrated it's value many times over, this spagyric crafting of the "leftovers" is also quite interesting.

Another interesting feature is that after exposure to the K-salts and drying, the tincture deepens to a red color. That's why I'm doing the drying test with "tincture only" right now to compare results.

Something to think about. For those of you following this (you know who you are), feel free to chime in with some pictures of your own results.

I tried to follow along and found a few plant extracts. I don't know what they are, I look forward to your updates.

Last edited by Seraphim; 08-20-2018 at 11:28 PM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Aham View Post
    Noooooooooooooooooo......................

DT, in the Spagyric sub-section, you have started the last 11 out of 14 most recent threads. EM is away mining for Opals and if you stop posting... this sub is going on life support
    In about two months, my absence will be replaced by what will only be known as 'EM's best post ever'.

So as we say down under - 'She'll be right' (it will be okay)
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

+ Reply to Thread