Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Alchemical Spagyric Preparation??? (with pics)

Blog Entries
    Lovely efforts DT, it is good to see someone keeping the Spagyrics alive around here.
    Join me; on a voyage of stupidity, and self discovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=vccZSHroTG4

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elixirmixer View Post
    Lovely efforts DT, it is good to see someone keeping the Spagyrics alive around here.
    Thanks. This white powder I found has proven to be a treasure of spagyrics, yet I see it mentioned precisely nowhere in the literature. I still am not sure exactly what makes it precipitate, but I do know that I will be seeking out much more of it very soon. It's become a sort of cure-all for me on anything that itches or stings. I'm not sure of the medicinal value when taken internally, but it's brought no harm in my testing.

I'm still going to be screwing with plants forever, perhaps even after I (slim chance) produce the PS. I'll still fiddle with plants if I do that. There's so much to learn here, and I think this white powder may be a predecessor to the stone. IE that cooking and screwing with matter can create great and wondrous things, that is a good bit of insight for a society just settling down for some agricultural advancement.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    I tried to follow along and found a few plant extracts. I don't know what they are, I look forward to your updates.

The first picture is the white powder discussed in this thread? It looks awesome!

I think it could be. Thank you
    Last edited by Seraphim; 08-21-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Blog Entries

Please don't ask me to comment on "how to make" because I'm really not sure what is happening here. I can only tell you what was done.

The tincture of massa was added to ordinary plant salts (these are truly explicit terms here, no deck names, we all know the meanings, but in case you are trying to read too much into this, I submerged the dried black mass from the boiled down herb "tea" in alcohol to extract a tincture, and poured it over K2CO3 extracted from the ashes of homemade charcoals), the white salts turned quickly yellow, then red, then almost black as the solution sat covered with only a filter paper to keep dust from getting in.

The jar has since been sealed after I kept seeing this oil form. I swirled the solution once, and the oil was gone. Disappeared completely back into a black sediment. It has now reappeared and I've begun to separating it by decanting the black/red oil and remaining tincture into another jar, and then decanting only the tincture back to the salt jar. Twice I've done this in the pic. More oil appeared, even after it was fully drained. Without doubt the most interesting spagyric concoction I've made so far, yet so easy a child could do it.

As to its nature, I can't be certain. As I said, when in solution with salts at the bottom it has a habit of reverting back to solid form. Almost like a bloodletting, it must be removed a bit at a time with careful decanting of the solution which bore it. So far, by itself, it seems much more stable, but time will tell. I may wake up tomorrow to a lump of black solid.

Nice update, DT!

Sorta reminds me of Kibric's introduction thread picture: http://forum.alchemyforums.com/showt...lo-from-Kibric

Blog Entries
    Thanks. I have been discussing this in private with someone who has sort of become my "lab partner," working on similar experiments, and he hasn't had luck with the oil yet, or even yellowing of the salts after adding the tincture. The oil is incredibly fickle until separated, and even then, it contains what look like bits of crystalline mass when tipping the glass to let it run slowly. The more solid bits lag behind. It's a very interesting substance for certain, if you can manage to make it appear.

I was going to do a taste test, but took a fingertip full of my "alum" instead. Dry finger, dipped in the white powder and applied to the tongue with a good drink afterward. I'm going to see if there are any notable effects after a week or so of dabbing this micro-dose amount (1/2 a grain to a grain by my guess per day).

After so much work on plant, these new fruits have given me plenty to speculate about, and I find myself sitting and thinking on what I've created while the matter itself sits in a cabinet. Can't wait to ramp up some much larger experiments on this front, but it'll take a bit to build my cabin. I have the framing for the subfloor about done, and I'm finishing up the final touches on the piers and boxing them in. Not sure if I'll finish before the winter is upon us, but once I do...freedom to keep the fires running for prolonged periods

+ Reply to Thread