Patrons of the Sacred Art

Can't log in? Contact Us

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Making 'The Vegetable Stone'?

Wildfire Guest
    I just read one of his books and in it he says he goes through 3 color changes white, red, black totaling 9. Hope it can help.

Blog Entries
    Would you mind elaborating, Wildfire? I for one haven’t read the book you’re referring to.

How does he arrive at 9 when moving through 3 color changes?
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    What Wildfire is trying to say is that he goes through three SERIES of colour changes, black, then red, and finally white totalling nine.

Which does then indicate that you are correct Kiorionis, it is three full rotations of the 'stones'.

I would also like to know what book your reading. Cheers
    Good bye most of humanity.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KnowledgeSeeker View Post
    I plan on moving onto making the vegetable stone next to try making it as part of my path to master practical alchemy in the herbal section. Would like more full detail.

The sources I use mainly are this: http://www.levity.com/alchemy/plant3.html

And the book 'real alchemy' where its due.
    Hey there KnowledgeSeeker. Are you familiar with John Reid III?
    If not, he has a book online which you might enjoy:
    John Reid's Course on Practical Alchemy

Part 2, Chapter 9 might especially interest you. His ‘Minor Opus’ in words and pictures.
    Art is Nature in the flask; Nature is a vial thing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    He only talks about it and shows some red stuff in a flask, so I can't really comment.
    Speaking of which, I recently saw a video of an academic researcher who publishes books about western esoteric traditions, and during the video he points at two flasks on his desk containing a white and a red liquid respectively, and claiming that these are no less than the White Stone and the Red Stone. I became intrigued with such claims, so I did a bit more digging online, only to discover elsewhere online (on one of his pages) page that those liquids are merely metal colloids, which he describes as "lesser versions" of the stone.

Also from his Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/i/status/692199834703519744

https://twitter.com/i/status/692200042002800641

Quote Originally Posted by Andro View Post
    Speaking of which, I recently saw a video of an academic researcher who publishes books about western esoteric traditions, and during the video he points at two flasks on his desk containing a white and a red liquid respectively, and claiming that these are no less than the White Stone and the Red Stone. I became intrigued with such claims, so I did a bit more digging online, only to discover elsewhere online (on one of his pages) page that those liquids are merely metal colloids, which he describes as "lesser versions" of the stone.

Also from his Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/i/status/692199834703519744

https://twitter.com/i/status/692200042002800641
    http://www.aaroncheak.com/news/2016/7/17/our-gold

The first tweet on his Twitter account is interesting, it's about Taoist internal alchemy seems like a cool cat ���� here is a quote

The approach is essentially meditative, and yet it is a meditation free of all formal structure, for it permeates all aspects of life. When our very body and being becomes the vessel of the great work, every act, inner and outer, potentially reveals (or conceals) our primordially immortal nature.
    Aurum nostrum non est aurum vulgi.
    — Our gold is not ordinary gold —

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    Regarding the Pondus Naturae, what is the Weight of Nature?
    Hi Seraphim, "Recreations Hermetique" explains to us what the Weight of Nature is:

Quote Originally Posted by Schmuldvich View Post
    Hi Seraphim, "Recreations Hermetique" explains to us what the Weight of Nature is:

Hi Schmuldvich, thanks for sharing that is kind of you. When speaking of Imbibitions and Weight of Nature are they speaking Philosophically? How does this absorption of Humidity take place?
    Last edited by Seraphim; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:09 AM.

Hi Schmuldvich, thanks for sharing that is kind of you. When speaking of Imbibitions and Weight of Nature are they speaking Philosophically? How does this absorption of Humidity take place?
    Yes, that is a philosophical expression. But it simply means that there is no rule as to the actual amount, but only what Nature herself will allow the matter to absorb. This is referring to the so-called "eagles", another philosophical phrase, which refers to repeated wettings and dryings in order to purify the matter and increase its potency. There are usually about 7 repetitions. Since the matter ("earth") absorbs the "astral spirit" (another philosophical phrase), and "retains" it, it is given another philosophical name, that of a "Vase".

Quote Originally Posted by Illen A. Cluf View Post
    Yes, that is a philosophical expression. But it simply means that there is no rule as to the actual amount, but only what Nature herself will allow the matter to absorb. This is referring to the so-called "eagles", another philosophical phrase, which refers to repeated wettings and dryings in order to purify the matter and increase its potency. There are usually about 7 repetitions. Since the matter ("earth") absorbs the "astral spirit" (another philosophical phrase), and "retains" it, it is given another philosophical name, that of a "Vase".
    In this text the paragraph in context is not speaking Philosophically but rather directly about physical matter being manipulated by an Artist.

Illen is correct when speaking about our Vase and that fact that Nature only allows what it will allow our Matter to absorb, although I do not agree that the above passage is to be taken Philosophically because in this context what is being discussed is physical manipulation of our Matter by an Alchemist in this physical realm of existence we all occupy.

Speaking Philosophically does not simply mean writing about higher-minded concepts. Know that speaking Philosophically refers to the use of acroamatic cipher as it was traditionally used by Adepts. Speaking Philosophically means to use normal language and words in sentences but have an alternate meaning attached to what is being said as opposed to the common outward meaning first gleaned when the words are initially read.

Absorption of humidity as is being discussed in the paragraph takes place through the skillful artifice of an Alchemist.

We use the power of physical heat to manipulate what we work with. We know that matter contained within a sealed vessel expands/opens/radiates when it is heated and we know that it contracts/closes/concentrates when cooled. We also observe that matter contained in an open vessel dries when heated, and when left off heat matter in an open vessel somehow absorbs Moisture (through the skill of a wise Artist).

So we utilize this knowledge to physically manipulate our Matter according to our desired outcome.

→ Cold generates → Generation contracts → Contraction integrates → Integration heats → Heat radiates → Radiation expands → Expansion disintegrates → Disintegration cools

Alchemy is all a cycle and about knowing how to harmoniously tap into Nature.

+ Reply to Thread