Patrons of the Sacred Art

OPEN TO REGISTER: Click HERE if you want to join Alchemy Forums!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Making 'the vegetable stone'?

Making 'the vegetable stone'?

I plan on moving onto making the vegetable stone next to try making it as part of my path to master practical alchemy in the herbal section. Would like more full detail.

The sources I use mainly are this: http://www.levity.com/alchemy/plant3.html

And the book 'real alchemy' where its due.

I remember being there, right where you are, several times.
    Let me ask you this. How do you envision the final product? What does it look like? What do you plan to do with it?

In short, why are you trying to make it?

There are many, many variations, the simplest being concocted by dripping essential oil and distilled ethanol onto potassium carbonate, sealing the flask, and letting the salts "drink" the fluids.
    There are some who have found wonderous things while trying to get the "right ingredients" from a plant in various ways. Volatile salts, white milky residues from the "Mercury," etc.
    Some prescribe dry distillation to get the initiatory products.

In either case, you might find this helpful, maybe not: http://www.levity.com/alchemy/pon-18.html

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon's Tail View Post
    I remember being there, right where you are, several times.
    Let me ask you this. How do you envision the final product? What does it look like? What do you plan to do with it?

In short, why are you trying to make it?

There are many, many variations, the simplest being concocted by dripping essential oil and distilled ethanol onto potassium carbonate, sealing the flask, and letting the salts "drink" the fluids.
    There are some who have found wonderous things while trying to get the "right ingredients" from a plant in various ways. Volatile salts, white milky residues from the "Mercury," etc.
    Some prescribe dry distillation to get the initiatory products.

In either case, you might find this helpful, maybe not: http://www.levity.com/alchemy/pon-18.html
    I have dry salt of tartar in a container, as well as a different tincture which doesn't have the 'salt' added to it yet but made using vodka. I can do it right now?

I'm making it so I can advance or progress on the path I think, and also its part of the learning process could say.

Oh and more specifically I wanted to know what the vegetable stone is used for.

Quote Originally Posted by KnowledgeSeeker View Post
    Some Alchemists have suggested that the Vegetable Stone is a Stepping Stone
    to the Philosophers Stone.

They infer that the Great Work is a product of the three realms :

Vegetable
    Animal
    Mineral / metalic

Quote Originally Posted by KnowledgeSeeker View Post
    You eat it...in tiny amounts at a time of course. It's the highest medicine of the vegetable kingdom, or at least it should be. The true stone of the vegetable kingdom might also be a particular and have the ability to transmute to some degree (though much lesser than the philosopher's stone)

I think people have downgraded it's "abilities" to what they could find, instead of persisting unto philosophical results, so we now have 100 different ways to make a veggie stone, and none of them transmute, and most have medicinal power no higher than a concentrated massa of tincture.

What are the physical characteristics of our Vegetable Stone? How much can be eaten at a time? How can it be tested?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    What are the physical characteristics of our Vegetable Stone? How much can be eaten at a time? How can it be tested?
    I don't know if this was directed at me or not, but for clarification, I don't possess Our Stone of the Vegetable Kingdom.
    Zero has a method of making a possibility from dry distillation, and all I remember was that he said he was micro-dosing the final product (and in that case, you need to KNOW your product, even while taking such care).
    My current project isn't evolved to anything I would call "the stone" yet, but I feel I'm making progress, and so far, no harm has come to me from taking a coating on the fingertip of the coagulated material nor a few drops of any of the "waters" produced. It's final form is still beyond me, and there is still much work to be done to put the clues together for it's best construction.

Tartar salt has a really high LD50, something on the order or 2g/Kg, and I dare say alcohol isn't the worry with the popular concoction of the "veggie stone." That would be limited by your reaction with the oils, and I don't suggest eating essential oils, or even using them. Use the sulfur that's still in the alembic after you vent off the oils if you want a medicine In that case, I would say start at 1/10th of a grain and go up from there. The black massa can be incredibly potent. One from plaintain nearly knocked me down with a tiny bead. Also know the plant's nature, since the black massa will be a concentrated form of it. To this you can add your "white earth salt" and liquor. This is my favorite version of the stone, but the liquor will tend to turn the massa from black to white as it draws off a tincture of the gum.

If simply imbibing your salts (either whole or rectified) with the original tincture (which produces a very light green or yellow "crystalline spagyric"), I would say go with the LD50 for K-salts, which basically means don't burn your tongue or "spend it all in one place." :P

Then there are natural crystals that drop out of tinctures (see my black pepper and piperine work), drying the tincture completely to black mass and re-tincturing or using as an additive in teas, drying a decoction completely to dryness and drawing a tincture from the massa, etc etc etc. There are a hundred ways to make an herbal medicine of varying strength.

The stone of vegetables, as far as I know, has no 100% truly reliable documentation, because so many things have been called that.

EDIT: Forgot the last question. "How do you know it's the Stone?" is what I assume you mean. The only answer I can give through my current research project, is that it will do the things described about the PS, in the same order, though I personally think the texts are extremely cryptic in the experimental process. But it does go black to white to citrine to ??? I assume a red crystalline salt, but I'm not there yet. I would expect it to "melt like butter" with a sweet scent under high heat and cool to a solid glassy or crystalline state depending on the coagulation, powder to a rusty rouge, and have the ability to transmute lead into silver... if one truly had "THE Stone of the Vegetable Kingdom." That last part might be speculation and exaggeration though handed down through the texts without merit. I also don't see much credence in the idea that it will purify "quintessence" from a new tincture, though from what I've seen, it may be able to multiply in a common tincture of any plant. Probably wouldn't be my first choice though.
    Last edited by Dragon's Tail; 07-09-2018 at 08:01 PM. Reason: forgot something.

I will look at those experiments and I appreciate your clarification. You are very helpful thanks.

According to Hollandus, Ripley and others the Vegetable Stone will remedy all diseases chronic or acute. They say it takes time proportional to the damage done and how long the disease or illness has been going on. They say you will live a healthy life and it will extend your life to the last days appointed to you by Fate. That is what I use it for: to live a healthy life to the end of my days. So far so good. I have not been sick in the years since I've been taking the Stone or Quintessence. Also several conditions that were chronic have been eliminated. Yet I am still going bald.

So how do I know I have the Vegetable Stone? As said above in this thread there are many methods published that produce an herbal concrete that is called a plant or vegetable stone. I have made that type of more modern spagyric stone. Follow the recipe and the end product will match what the authors have described. If you run into trouble you can contact the authors for clarification. For me such stones are equal to a spagyric elixir made virtually the same way only the alcohol and water are not removed as with the stone.

Making the Vegetable Stone following the methods of the old alchemists Hollandus in particular because he gives the most detailed process requires that you do the same as with the more modern and simpler spagyric methods. You have to follow the process and see what you get at the end. Does it resemble what the author described; does it behave as the author said. The best you can do with the old recipes from those bygone times is to interpret what they wrote into a set of protocols that can be carried out in the lab. You cannot contact them for clarification.

An alchemical vegetable stone in my experience is one or more levels above the spagyric method in therapeutic value and spiritual effect. I was cautious with dosing. At first I took a dose about the size of a grain of wheat as they advise. That amount is about 70mg. I have taken much larger doses with no ill effect.

There are three ways of making the alchemical Vegetable Stone that I have completed. I make a distinction between a Quintessence Stone and a Crystal Stone in the vegetable kingdom. The Quintessence Stone is easier to make. The Crystal Stone is much stronger, a level of energy above the Quintessence Stone.

All three ways require the secret solvent or Vegetable Mercury be prepared out of the plant material. One modern interpretation to make the alchemical Vegetable Quintessence has been published and discussed here It is quite detailed and supported with photo documentation. If you follow it through to completion you will have an alchemical Vegetable Quintessence to test for yourself.

+ Reply to Thread